Empire based fansites - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is a drill; repeat, this IS a drill.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Advertisements

Old 2012-04-30, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TerranTitan
Sergeant

Empire based fansites

Hello there!

I'm the creator of Terran-Republic.com, a dedicated fan site specifically built as a home base for all Terrans. My goal was to build a community site in efforts to bring all mighty Terrans together under one unified banner. This will be a place to recruit new members, advertise your outfit, show off your websites, videos, screen shots, and whatever else you'd like.

I also have a Facebook Fan Page with over 200 likes in one week! From there we post the very latest intel gleaned from PS2, and now PSU (with appropriate link backs), Twitter too, for those so inclined to use that service, and a YouTube channel of mine with over 380,000 video views, and 1500 subscriptions!

We are in need of new members to help our community grow, so if you are a mighty Terran, please sign up and help us spread the word!

http://terran-republic.com
http://www.facebook.com/terranrepublic
http://twitter.com/#!/Terran_Republic
http://www.youtube.com/user/fragdaddy247

Last edited by TerranTitan; 2012-04-30 at 03:12 AM.
Old 2012-04-30, 03:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: Terran-Republic.com

Nice work!
Now who's gonna do NC?
Old 2012-04-30, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TerranTitan
Sergeant

Actually my team and I were considering doing the other factions as well. This site took about 4 days to construct from start to finish, so it wouldn't be that hard to do. We were just waiting to see if there was an interest from the community to construct the other sites.
Old 2012-04-30, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Seen it already and bookmarked it! Good job! p.s. Every Empire should have a separate team maintaining it if you wish your page to become an official gathering place of it's members once the game starts. Also it would be good if you had to link your Station account to it to gain access as a proof of your allegiance to prevent the prying eyes from finding out "sensitive" info.
Old 2012-04-30, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TerranTitan
Sergeant

I had an idea to have a private, hidden section reserved for Verified outfit leaders..so we'll see what happens. Hopefully the community will embrace us, and we can all work together to really kick this pig into high gear.

Thx for the recommend on the station account, I will surely do that as well!
Old 2012-04-30, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Eric
Private

Hello all I'm Eric one of the Mods over at Terran-Republic. I wanted to comment on this wonderful site you guys have here and introduce myself. I hope this friendship between our sites will help both our communities grow both personally and on the battlefield. Thank you very much for your support.
Old 2012-04-30, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Lokster
Staff Sergeant

TR specific fan site .. sign me up!!
Old 2012-04-30, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TerranTitan
Sergeant

What cracks me up is the "haters" who are already DDoS'ing the site. Come on guys..really?
Old 2012-04-30, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Dedicated sites for all 3 factions would be indeed nice.

And i hope you do this. This way you could build rather awesome features (like something to use for a united command for a specific faction on a specific server) right in, and have it useable for every faction.
Old 2012-04-30, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
TerranTitan
Sergeant

The idea we have is to make these other sites, but have the forums run by well established members from PS2 or PSU. It's too big of a task for just 3 guys, and myself, the guy who built the site. We already have the Facebook fan sites, so feel free to light those up if you like.

Last edited by TerranTitan; 2012-04-30 at 10:20 PM.
Old 2012-04-30, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by TerranTitan View Post
The idea we have is to make these other sites, but have the forums run by well established members from PS2 or PSU. It's too big of a task for just 3 guys, and myself, the guy who built the site. We already have the Facebook fan sites, so feel free to light those up if you like.
Well, if you host a VS site, im happily spending my time to moderate the thing, and make sure its just VS there.
But i cant afford to host stuff.
Old 2012-04-30, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
TerranTitan
Sergeant

We got it covered. This ain't our first rodeo cowboy lol I'll talk to my team and see what we can do this week. Stay tuned.
Old 2012-04-30, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
CuddlyChud
Staff Sergeant

Didn't SOE host empire forums for the original Planetside? I wonder if they'll do that again. Regardless, hope everything works out for you guys.
Old 2012-04-30, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
TerranTitan
Sergeant

I do know that the domain names have been snapped up for some time, so it is possible they'll do it again. We got the hyphenated ones, and some other mystery company has the originals..hmmm..
Old 2012-04-30, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jairo
Private

Hello all. I'm also a mod over at TR and want to thank the staff and entire community of PSU for their support.

Also, we've been discussing a lot hosting the sites for the other two factions. I'm all for it! But like our admin said, we will need help modding it because it's a ton of work. We're just a few friends who enjoy gaming and thought it would be a great idea to bring the factions together.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Advertisements