AV weapons - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When does this round end?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-21, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Just up the AV damage a good amount on all of them, but leave the AI, Anti-Max and AA damages alone, and we have problem solved.
Precisely.

Oh, and the damage Decimators do against MAXs needs to be toned down. It wouldnt be a problem if the Decimator burdened your loadouts, but hell, Standard armors can carry it with ease
Old 2003-12-21, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rayder
General

Misc Info

especially with CSHD
Old 2003-12-21, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Decimator damage vs. MAXes is fine imo.

I disagree with Queenside though. The decimator is quite a burden, unless you don't care to carry anything else. Like medkits.
Old 2003-12-21, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Chaaos
Master Sergeant

I dont pack a deci... but i do use max occasionally so dont think my opinion is bias.

I wouldnt touch the dmg done to max's from deci's. Sure i get owned by them but thats why they call it a decimator isnt it? A couple shots from a max can kill an grunt, then why cant a grunt with the most powerful handheld weapon in the game kill a max with a couple shots?
Old 2003-12-21, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

i have one other thing the DEci should be AV not Special assultm its an AV wepon

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-21, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rayder
General

Misc Info

It's an AV weapon true, but it doesn't fill an AV role. Notice the empire AV weapons are not only fast, but able to hit vehicles? The decimator is slow.

If server side hit detection is ever a possibilty then the decimator would be perfect, but, since it's not and client side is a fucking bitch, it could do with some tonage down, not a lot, but right now, you get 1 ms over your opponent and your fucked.
Old 2003-12-22, 01:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
SkunkPunk
Major

make the lancer 3 hit infantry kill again and ill be packing it again...otherwise, its like a laser pointer, and what are u talking about... double projectile speed? its almost instant hit...

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
Old 2003-12-22, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Decimator is 1200 damage and occupies less room in the inventory than an equivalent amount of AV ammo. It also comes in a weapon group with three other weapons. It may be slow, but at point blank who cares? I shoot down Reavers and Mosqs all the time using the camera mode. It's just too good. Then again, such easy power tends to make friends, so don't expect a lot of people to support its removal.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-22, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Its toned down to, 400 for maxs, and shit for softies.
Old 2003-12-22, 04:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
RagingSpeedhorn
Corporal

I dropped Striker for SA when the nerfed it in the balance patch patch. I miss it because it owned air and land vehicles outside, especially in large numbers.

I return though, I get a MAX killer (Deci), a grenade launcher that can disable turrets, tanks, lob plasma and AI grenades, and a baddass rocklet gun that can emplty a clip in under 5 seconds.

It takes a while to get skilled in SA, but not a bad deal, eh?
Old 2003-12-22, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by RagingSpeedhorn
I dropped Striker for SA when the nerfed it in the balance patch patch. I miss it because it owned air and land vehicles outside, especially in large numbers.

I return though, I get a MAX killer (Deci), a grenade launcher that can disable turrets, tanks, lob plasma and AI grenades, and a baddass rocklet gun that can emplty a clip in under 5 seconds.

It takes a while to get skilled in SA, but not a bad deal, eh?
Pretty much what most Terran troopers did, including me. Striker aint worth it.
Love my deci, only thing that gives me a chance against the VS MAX hoards hehe.
Old 2003-12-22, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Duffman
yea AV weapons are suppose o be used in groups and thats why they nerfed the striker because one person could own any vehicle.
I agree. One infantry with an AV weapon should not be able to go one on one with a tank. If that is possible, then what is the purpose of a tank exactly? It is rare to go solo vs one AV carrier. Going up against the TR and NC I see tons of Phoenixs and Strikers.

I don't see what the problem with tanks in PS is. They are big, have lots of armor, and have a lot of firepower. AV weapons should not be balanced to where they can take on a tank one on one. That is what other tanks, reavers, and groups of infantry are for.
Old 2003-12-22, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Mudflap
Sergeant

Well, as a lancer user, I can drop some armor by myself. Lightnings go down when I see em. What pisses me off is that I tend to be the only one shooting at them. It seems to me that most infantry don't pack anything that can touch armor, or they don't pay attention.

If I see armor, I shoot at it, unless I'm all alone, then I hide.

I don't think that the AV abilities of the AV cert need a boost. Each empire has their thing, and they do well against vehicles, when used by two or more grunts. I see vehicles blow up often enough as it is. Being in a vehicle is tough anymore, especially a light vehicle.

I might like to see some abilities versus infantry, but I can see how that would unbalance things.
Old 2003-12-22, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Were not asking for the power to take out tanks one on one, but honestly at least in base assaults its not the AV that usualy kills tanks and enforcers, its the decimators delivered at close range. The problem the way it stands now is it takes 6 Phoenix rockets to take out an ant. Thats just wrong, it shouldnt be one for one against a tank, however AV troopers need to be in literal hordes to even scare a tank off, not cool at all. As far as I'm concerned Deci should be AV, or it should be both, having the most potent anti armor weapon in the game be not in AV, plus bundled with 3 other weapons for the same cost is just disgusting.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-12-22, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Doppler
The problem the way it stands now is it takes 6 Phoenix rockets to take out an ant. Thats just wrong,
See I disagree. All that is is 3 people firing two shots each. Having 3 people with Phoenix's in a big battle is not unusual. As a matter of fact, having only 3 would be unusual. My problem is that everyone claims AV weapons are weak, yet I see Strikers and Phoenixs everywhere.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion