The Big HA Arguement! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma crossing, next 20 threads
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-21, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Aurorapro
Private

The Big HA Arguement!

What are people's feelings on HA? I believe that all can simply own when used properly and the thing i hate is when some MA attacker indoors expects to get the better of you with any of the HA weapons, the truth is indoors HA simply owns the lot but outside unless you get to sring out on someone then you will really have to be very lucky or charge straight ahead and let rip, well thats what i believe anyway im beginning to use HA so much more now and the maelstrom simply kicks major ass indoors against a surge in total ive seen 7 people go down to its secondary fire, if people want to own indoors get HA and get good at using it ive seen so many people own MA'ers aswell like my friend "Cacus" on werner goes everywhere with his MCG and owns people even outside at first wh i tried its was death for me lol. I do not believe any of the HA weapons should be buffed or changed as i have owned and go owned by JH and lasher users aswell, just simply a matter of sometimes luck and sometimes skill.

Sorry for Threading spammage btw :P
Old 2004-01-21, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

HA balance is meaningless. Surge breaks the game.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-21, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by Veteran
HA balance is meaningless. Surge breaks the game.
/agreed btw delete HA solves all my problems..........
Old 2004-01-21, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kikinchikin

no. just becuz everyone in the world has HA practically, doesnt mean its unfair. if you want to be a grunt u pretty much have to use it. (altho u can get by with MA or SA sometimes if ur good)
Old 2004-01-21, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't agree. By that logic, the U.S. military would equip every soldier with the SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon). The reason they don't is because there are drawbacks to doing so.

There should be drawbacks to wielding Heavy Assault.

edit: Base captures are made and broken indoors. Claiming that HA sucks outdoors is futile, considering a soldier has more than enough certs to also be able to drive a tank when he's not owning with HA indoors.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired

Last edited by Veteran; 2004-01-21 at 07:41 AM.
Old 2004-01-21, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jagd
Major

So what, for 4 lousy certs you'd better be able to own somewhere! That's coming from someone who doesn't use HA, before you get your panties in a twist.

There are those who like HA, and there are those of us who have enough skill to get by on Medium and/or Special Assault. I say stop griping that some people like the edge HA gives them, and just be happy that we get the ultimate weapon combo (Spec Assault, basically) and are fully equipped for grunt work with only 5 cert points under the belt.
Old 2004-01-21, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
I Hate Pants
General

Originally Posted by Veteran
There should be drawbacks to wielding Heavy Assault.
EXACTLY! I mean MCG'S practically make the cycler obsolete. I'm a hardcore cycler user. I don't want to be like every other TR and use the MCG. Grunts should be armed the the basic rifle.

But you have to admit. Anyone who arms themselves with 2 HA weapons is the ultiamte N00B!

Most players use HA weapons because its easier to kill players with. They'd rather not have a challenge. Its more rewarding killing people with an MA rifle than it is with a HA weapon.
Old 2004-01-21, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
But you have to admit. Anyone who arms themselves with 2 HA weapons is the ultiamte N00B!
I admit I am guilty of doing that when I first started playing and tried the TR. Running around with 2 MCGs, one reg ammo, one AP. Thankfully I saw the MA light
Old 2004-01-21, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jagd
Major

When your main is BR14, you shouldn't be tossing words like "n00b" around. Thanks.
Old 2004-01-21, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Jagd
When your main is BR14, you shouldn't be tossing words like "n00b" around. Thanks.
I don't see how that applies. I have seen people play this game for less than a month and get BR 20, and others play it for 6 months just having fun doing support roles and not XP whoring and still be no higher than a BR 14. Noob is a state of mind (or lack there of), not a battlerank.
Old 2004-01-21, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

So basically I use the noob because it's an easy kill? I can drop HA so fast and only use SA to get kills. SA is much better than HA in my opinion. I use the MCG because it is the funnest, and most difficult HA weapon in the game.

Old 2004-01-21, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Kikinchikin

what silverlord said. MCG is just fun to use. who wouldn't want to use a huge chaingun that spews out lead like crazy?

I for one have done it all. During beta i was a hardcore only sniper. First few months of release i was a rocklet/thumper whore. Then i started using cycler and finally the MCG and striker combo (myt favorite all time ownage combo) then i got agile insteaad of rexo for need of support certs, and here i am with my MCG, 2 decis, REK, CUD and med app plus ammo.
Old 2004-01-21, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

The real n00bs use MAX units. IMHO the MAX is the single biggest skill substitute built into this game... next would be aircraft (who can't kill with the Reaver?)... and then Tanks. Somewhere after those, well after those, is HA. With a HA cert you are vulnerable to every threat in the game and actually have to fight your opponent. Other methods of killing (MAX, Aircraft, Tanks) offer the benefit of virtual immunity to many opponents (what good is your cycler now?) while allowing far easier kills...

Basically if you want to go on a killing spree and kill 5-15 opponents in a zerg cert in a Tank or Reaver... if you want to kill 1-3 opponents before dying in a zerg cert in HA.

People whining about HA are the Tank/Reaver/MAX pilots that got caught out of their vehicle. They are used to easy kills and now have to *gasp* fight for a kill. Now of course if they actually had any skills they could fight back... but...

P.S. Sorry for the hostile post, but I'm sick of people whining about HA. Ha is not the problem, it's your inability to overcome one of the smaller obsticles in the game that is the problem.
Old 2004-01-21, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
IGOR
Private

Lightbulb

I think if u are NC and have a JH surge single fire single fire triple :P will own any troop inf or big armour dude so have fun wiv the JH ppl
Old 2004-01-21, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Surge ruins HA. And sorry for this but TR MAXes arn't up to par with NC and VS. That makes it even harder for us. The Burster is quite ok though.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion