Why this game is a failure. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where two personalities isn't enough.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-16, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Keebler
Private

I think we all need to stop bitching about balance issues and be happy that we have a game to play =). (this coming from an NC, so ehhh)

EA is worse. Motor City online was a great game, and they had to go shut it down so the devs can help the sims online.... morons.
Old 2004-06-16, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

the game is awsome, STFU.

Well realy i think it could have been better but it has been the only game i have bought for a year, and i've played it countless hours, it gets an A++ in my book. And the only day i will give up my subscription is if the game shuts down or i run out of all my money.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-06-16, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
EarlyDawn
Major General

Hey hey hey, The Sims Online was a good game. Still is.

But yeh, I will stop playing Planetside when I go broke, die, or the game shuts down.
Old 2004-06-16, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
scarpas
Captain

we would like a reply gunslinger...
Old 2004-06-16, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by scarpas
we would like a reply gunslinger...
Hes right y do u think its a failure?
Old 2004-06-16, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
EarlyDawn
Major General

Sounds like somebody is a little sore over something. Appears to be pretty baseless.
Old 2004-06-16, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Well there are problems, but i don;t think its a failure.

The one thing that really annoys me is bad framerate. Just by fixing that can make this games alot more enjoyable.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-06-16, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Cryptica
First Sergeant

I dont think any game that is still around after a year can be considered a failure. I'd like to know exactly why he thinks of PS as a failure, and why he bothered posting it on a website that contains some of the most die-hard fans of the game, and a lot of them.
Old 2004-06-16, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Nalar
Corporal

Hmm... I dont think he is coming back. Maybe you guys scared him off b/c this isnt like the OF where every troll arounds jumps in with support comments like "yea!!~! SOE is garbage" and "y0u Sux0Rz"

Im with the rest of you guys here, I think that any game that has been around over a year and still continues to come out great new developments (re: Battle Islands) is ok in my books.
Old 2004-06-17, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
scarpas
Captain

yep, just as i thought, hes abandoned the thread.

Old 2004-06-17, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ait'al
Contributor
General

As to the begining of this conversation. SOE has always been known for exptecting their games to work themselves out. Except maybe when Everquest was first created.
Old 2004-06-17, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Real Mulambo
Corporal

Well that thread was a resounding success.

Nobody really agrees that it is a failure so crawl back under your rock and boomer yourself.
Old 2004-06-17, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Radaeron
Sergeant

hehe, rock.. boomer :P

well.. i want them to sort out a few of the bugs currently in game before new stuff,... although i reaaally want battle islands asap :P aargh i can't choose!!

clicked on an AMS on pop-locked ish yesterday.. sent me back to sanc...
luckily i didnt even wait a full minute still.. i couldve been there for ages..

Me wants:
Old pounder... i only saw a total of around 10 friendly maxes yesterday.. most were bursters, which is kewl :P cause bursters are noice.
i might actually use the maxes then :P
Old 2004-06-17, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Cryptica
I dont think any game that is still around after a year can be considered a failure. I'd like to know exactly why he thinks of PS as a failure, and why he bothered posting it on a website that contains some of the most die-hard fans of the game, and a lot of them.
Probly for attention and to start a thread of his own
Old 2004-06-17, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

Ok whoever stated that I was sore over something was very correct. I had grown tired of strikers locking on to my max (VS) and 3 hits killing me. And I had grown tired of the auto reload on my starfire dropping the lock before my missiles could hit.

Now what 90% of you have been asking for: Why this game is a failure.

My first point was SOE and thier non-scheleant attitude twords thier customers. That is pretty self-expanitory they just dont care and were supposed to accept that. EG. my br 15 cr 2 VS guy was "deleted" and when I asked them why they said they would look into it. I spen 3 weeks playing all the empires until I emailed them again and recieved a dismissive response. I decided that I would just use maxes to build up a new char.

Now onto why this game is a failure. Its BOREING. The only conts that are interesting are imposiible without a vehicle. The largest problem is the stamp bases. I know that if every base was different people wouldnt know where they were going but to err on the side of ignorance RUINES gameplay because it gets boring. Next they attempted to add some type of "RPG" element to the game. The only reasoning I can think of is that they needed a way for people not to quit after their first month free. AV's inbalance to vehicles and max units. Yes the armor class is changing but after the one year mark? wow that type of look the other way mentality is reason alone for me to leave and lastly the fact that besides the massiveness of planetside the game is largely unoriginal. Tribes + Biowasteland = PS on crack. Furthermore the total lack of stratagy required. The fact that weather is implimented yet has no effect on anything because 99% of the players have it off, same with flora.

I realize now that this thread is largly unproductive. As I highly doubt I will change anyones mind in a fansites forum. Nor was that the intention. I apologize for wasting everyones time.

Last edited by _-Gunslinger-_; 2004-06-17 at 11:01 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion