what happened to aqua vehicles? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: this part is prickly, dont touch
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-08-31, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Super_Ryu7
Private

what happened to aqua vehicles?

i remember before launch there was a interview with a dev and he was talking about how they were planning on eventually adding aqua vehicals like boats and stuff what happened to them. i think it would be cool to have bases in the ocean or be able to take a ship down the rivers (oh wait there arent any and if there is not enough to make notice of)
Old 2004-08-31, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

by "eventually" they usually mean within the next ten years. dont expect to see them soon.
Old 2004-08-31, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

true. they've been put off in favor of land vehicles which provide access to all the already-avaliable facilities, instead of creating an entirely new set of marine facilites
Old 2004-08-31, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DeltaForceAlpha
Corporal

I would love some aquatic vehicles but alas...
Old 2004-08-31, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Sporky has hinted a couple of times of a naval expansion.... and PS has still got some years left
Old 2004-08-31, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Red October
Second Lieutenant

The Battle Islands and BFR's are practically an expansion in itself. Not surprised though, they needed to do something that would get the bad taste that a lot of people had in thier mouths from Core Combat. My guess is, after they take a little reprieve from the recent work, they'll probally be working on either Naval or Space Expansion. With the Conts now seperated into planets...you can have naval and space warfare a little more easily.
Old 2004-08-31, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
CMRath
Private

Originally Posted by Red October
With the Conts now seperated into planets...you can have naval and space warfare a little more easily.
/disagree

True, it would make it easier to have a space expansion, but it makes a naval expansion almost impossible, not counting the Battle islands
Old 2004-08-31, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
MrPaul
Major

Why? Bring on the Waterworld!
Old 2004-08-31, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by CMRath
/disagree

True, it would make it easier to have a space expansion, but it makes a naval expansion almost impossible, not counting the Battle islands

I'm thinking along the lines of some deep sea fishing...I mean fighting. After a certain point, vech's go link dead and you crash into the sea...instead how about poping up on the other side of map? Small Bases that are out beyond the view of land similar to oil rigs. Or even underwater bases....hmmmmm.....underwater vechicles....submarines...I'd probally recert a few things....
Old 2004-08-31, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Raige
Sergeant

How can we have water battles if our planets is in space and they're not even connected to 1 planet?
Old 2004-08-31, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Raige
How can we have water battles if our planets is in space and they're not even connected to 1 planet?
I'm guessing you've never seen the shorelines to your continents. Just because there's no longer a big fucking ocean to separate continents doesn't mean you still can't get wet.
Old 2004-08-31, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Raige
Sergeant

Well... the main reason we'd want aqua shits to fucking float to another continent.

Who the fuck fights on the shorelines anyway.... mostly only planes goes there for safely air battles. Deliverer, mags... whoopy fucking doo.... noobs rarely brings out armors. Then whats the point of having Aqua ? It wont even go into base.
Old 2004-08-31, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Well... the main reason we'd want aqua shits to fucking float to another continent.
Currently? Yes. Although there are islands that you can fly out to, on the coast. But if they add a naval expansion, hopefully there'd be subsurface bases and platform-type bases.

Who the fuck fights on the shorelines anyway.... mostly only planes goes there for safely air battles. Deliverer, mags... whoopy fucking doo.... noobs rarely brings out armors. Then whats the point of having Aqua ? It wont even go into base.
I've had plenty of shoreline battles. They're a great place to catch people who think they're safely driving somewhere. There are also plenty of coastal roads along almost every continent, if not all of them. Cyssor also has a huge river cutting through it, and Amerish and Hossin have a few wet locations where there are bases very close to the water.
Old 2004-08-31, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ghandi90
Private

Thumbs up

Look at extinction...There are rivers and ramps to land from rivers everywhere
Currently only mags threshers and delis can go on them ... Chew on that NC and TR!

~Ghandi

Im gunna play PS now thank you very much
Old 2004-08-31, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Ghandi90
Currently only [...] delis can go on them ... Chew on that NC and TR!
Yeah because only the VS have Deliverers.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion