FIREFALL - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You are so lucky there are no trout in the forum.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-12-12, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Grummz
CEO RED 5 Studios

Re: FIREFALL

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Share!
Then I would stop getting non-vague answers.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-12-12, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Grummz
CEO RED 5 Studios

Let's just say I loved flying Galaxy transports...and I like what's in store for them!
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-12-12, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Grummz
CEO RED 5 Studios

Thank you. It's been a real pleasure answering questions here and meeting everyone. I'll check back from time to time. Thanks for inviting me.

- Markus

P.S. As far as creative stuff...I'd love to release some footage and see what the fans do. Great suggestion!
Old 2011-12-12, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by Grummz View Post
Thank you. It's been a real pleasure answering questions here and meeting everyone. I'll check back from time to time. Thanks for inviting me.

- Markus

P.S. As far as creative stuff...I'd love to release some footage and see what the fans do. Great suggestion!
Feel free to stop by often. Oh, and the Firefall looks dang awesome!

Some of people I know currently live in South Korea and they got lucky enough to go to Gstar and even play Firefall there ^_^; overall Korean gamers think Firefall is a lot of fun, but also a bit hard and complicated to get used to.(like controls or overarching game systems)

In addition, Korean gamers are generally not fond of Sci-Fi genre it seems. -whether it be movie, novel, or game-

Can't wait for this game and future e-sports growth.

(and as for the graphics, I think it's nicely handcrafted, and has very stylish look to it. Of course I've seen all Project Offset HD videos like 'Meteor demo', 'Giant ogre trailer', 'Offset engine pre-fab', 'Attack on the castle trailer', and the ones that showed an ogre with iron armor equipped and a silly adventurer disrupting a dragon's slumber)

Ah, I almost forgot to say this. Your game's random invasion system looks fun, too.

Last edited by cellinaire; 2011-12-12 at 10:50 PM.
Old 2011-12-13, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by cellinaire View Post
In addition, Korean gamers are generally not fond of Sci-Fi genre it seems. -whether it be movie, novel, or game-
Starcraft is huge in korea.....
Old 2011-12-13, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by Bittermen View Post
Starcraft is huge in korea.....
Ah. There are several reasons why SC1 has been so popular in Korea.

1) Fast-paced gameplay mechanic. (many Korean people are generally short tempered from what I see)

2) Well balanced, compared to other RTS. And Fun.

3) I don't exactly know why, but it seems many Korean gamers like Blizzard's games and the company itself. And they obviously love World of Warcraft, too.
Old 2011-12-13, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

- Markus

Wow, just not paying attention to PSU once and thats what i get? Red5s CEO himself comes along and talks a bit about FireFall?

Thanks for coming along man. Lovley to see how the industry seems to slowly change from "The Player is our enemy and we only want their cash" to "Lets be friends!"
Old 2011-12-13, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Our beta tests showed us we just weren't ready yet.
Far too often software projects rush through testing as just a tick in a box. It's nice to see studios using beta testing as more than just a free trial before release!
Old 2011-12-13, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Lartnev View Post
Far too often software projects rush through testing as just a tick in a box. It's nice to see studios using beta testing as more than just a free trial before release!
Yeah. The fact the Planetside 2 seems to be taking more of a "when it's done" approach is making me hopeful for it as well. Obviously they are trying to finish it ASAP, but I really hope SOE gives them the time they need.

Firefall seems to really be off on the right foot for development and community interaction. The fact that they are going to gradually be phasing from beta to full release is pretty cool as well. An MMO is never really finished anyways, so you may as well just keep improving beta until it's ready to just be updated with your usual release patches.

I wonder if there are any plans to advertise/download Firefall through Steam once it goes fully public. We've asked the PS2 devs if they are going to put it on Steam and they expressed interest, but made no promises one way or the other. Steam just seems like a great way to get PC gamers interested.

A steam release would be a good way to make sure that people who were waiting for Firefall to get out of "beta" (just freely available to download) to realize that they can actually start playing, in case they haven't been checking back in on it.
Old 2011-12-13, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Ah me playing firefall at pax east last year. Had a great time. Actually went back and played/talked with the team about 5-6 times hah
Old 2011-12-27, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
valenrod
Private

I hope that Planetside 2 will be better than firefall.
Old 2011-12-27, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by valenrod View Post
no instanced pvp, already better.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-12-27, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Crator
Major General

ForgeLight engine, already better!
Old 2012-01-01, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

They're different games. It seems to me Firefall is trying to capture an e-sports community. While PS2 is more sandboxy/large scale warfare.
Old 2012-01-02, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Tikuto
Major

All PlanetSide2 players will be fine with PlanetSide2 more than Firefall, maybe. Seriously.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion