Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2011-08-03, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: "Get Rich playing Diablo III"

Originally Posted by krnasaur
Aslong as there is a way to get the items without paying for it with real money and you can earn it ingame i guess ill be alright with it, but i still dont understand you have to be online even when your playing single player
You'll be auctioning off stuff you find in game. The Internet connection required for single player is real shitty deal though. Had enough of that from Ubisoft

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
they now open up another can of worms with since the item is paid for in real money, who owns the item, or the virtually currency, i guess still blizzard, but I guess their lawyers are already all over that.
Since it's a ultimately an table row in a database somewhere, undoubtedly Blizzard. Will have to see the EULA and auction house terms of use for legalese.
Old 2011-08-11, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rokazulu
Private

Wish we knew how much cash we're talking here.

If you don't learn how to deprogram your own mind, the world will program it for you.
Old 2011-08-11, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

I hope planetside 2 comes out before this
Old 2011-08-11, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
This already happens in D2, blizzard are simply streamlining the process and making it more secure for players who do want to use real money to purchase items, of course while making some profit.
I remember just hacking in items into multiplayer instead of grinding for them. Made the game more enjoyable with friends. I imagine they blocked that then since selling items in D2 wouldn't really make sense.

As for a cash shop for items it seems a bit silly. I played D2 for like 4 weeks. It wasn't really that great of a game. Got a bit repetitive. From looking at the videos of D3 though it looks to be the same button mashing thing though. I will hand it to blizzard though. They figured out the reward model really well with WoW so it's possible this could work.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-08-11 at 12:42 PM.
Old 2011-08-15, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Graywolves
General

This just got me wanting to play Diablo 3
Old 2011-08-15, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Great....for a game entirely based of getting random gear they sure do get rid of it with a "buy" button. Why even play a game when you can just buy all the gear and even the character now? Do people not like actually playing games these days or something?

And way to support the chinese gold farmers, thought it was something Blizz used to fight agaisn't but now they openly support it.

And finnaly f*** internet connection needed to play single player. Have your hardcore mode character die from a lag spike and start all over again.

EDIT: And no modding. Ya, the community thanks you. Espically all the people who modded D2 and kept it alive way longer than it should have.

Last edited by Senyu; 2011-08-15 at 05:00 AM.
Old 2011-08-15, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Crator
Major General

Now that I think about it, looks like they are just making something so gold famers have a place to go... Herd em all in there so us real gamers can play real games

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion