PSU: Smoke me a kipper, skipper - I'll be back for breakfast
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2011-10-26, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

In other Skyrim news. Bethesda had a lawsuit against Notch, the developer of Minecraft, because he wants to make a game called "Scrolls". Bethesda thought they had to rights to that word, but they lost.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-10-28, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187 View Post
In other Skyrim news. Bethesda had a lawsuit against Notch, the developer of Minecraft, because he wants to make a game called "Scrolls". Bethesda thought they had to rights to that word, but they lost.
I hard that Bethesda told them they were fine with it but their lawyers had their own plans.
Old 2011-10-28, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

There was a spate of previews last week where all the journalists did pretty much the same thing despite not having their hand held; wonder to a village then go to a dungeon to find some treasure, then fought a dragon. Just like with Oblivion there is a most likely direction to go in, but one of the journalists saw the obvious direction and turned 180 degrees and went off into the wilderness, stole a horse and got in trouble.

With Oblivion I was always slightly annoyed as the main quest was great, but I constantly felt I was wasting time when not doing it as the NPCs giving the quests always seemed like it was super urgent. Get to the priory, go to Kvatch, save the world, etc. Although I avoided the main quest for the first 50 hours of play it was always grating on me that I was avoiding going to Kvatch. Hopefully Skyrim gives us a bit more breathing room from the start.
Old 2011-11-04, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

haha, found out how to fast travel in oblivion, game turned out much more fun 2nd time around
Old 2011-11-04, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Installed a mod that prevented fast traveling, game turned out much more fun 4th time around.
Old 2011-11-09, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

Gonna be picking this up Friday on steam. Was worried my comp couldn't handle it but I went to www.systemrequirments.in and they say my system should handle it on medium settings. I'm not huge on needing to see the absolute best graphics anyways so I can handle that.
Old 2011-11-09, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Sirisian
Colonel

Steam allows you to pre-load so you probably want to pre-order it. I for one already have it downloaded for friday.
Old 2011-11-09, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Skyrim Offers Infinite Quests

"The vibe of the game is that it's something that you can play forever"
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-11-10, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Quests hardly qualify as infinite content though... but the system could be interesting for casual extended play.

Old 2011-11-10, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Raymac
Brigadier General

Looks like my computer is right at the recommended requirements, so I won't be able to run it at ultra, but still high enough to enjoy it. I'm holding off on an upgrade until PS2.

I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games, but I really enjoyed Fallout 3. Just read an amazing review for Skyrim that basically sold me. Looks like this game will hold me over for awhile. By the time I get bored with it (if that even happens), I'll have Star Wars. Hopefully those 2 will be able to get me to PS2. It sucks having a limited budget for games, but when I hear that a game is still fresh after the 70th hour, then I should be getting my money's worth.

Old 2011-11-10, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
ShockNC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Looks like my computer is right at the recommended requirements, so I won't be able to run it at ultra, but still high enough to enjoy it. I'm holding off on an upgrade until PS2.
the game is a largely a console port. if your computer can handle the first Crysis, it should be able to handle Skyrim.

barring any memory leaks of course...
Old 2011-11-11, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Sirisian
Colonel

Played for 5 hours last night. Needed to stop since well work and stuff.

At first the UI bothered me since it's an obvious console port. The lack of mouse acceleration on the menus is kind of annoying so I had to crank up my mouse sensitivity to play.

My only other gripe is the lack of SSAO so the graphics look very sharp on the edges where polygons meet. They need to release a PC patch to enable SSAO.
Old 2011-11-11, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Played for 5 hours last night. Needed to stop since well work and stuff.

At first the UI bothered me since it's an obvious console port. The lack of mouse acceleration on the menus is kind of annoying so I had to crank up my mouse sensitivity to play.

My only other gripe is the lack of SSAO so the graphics look very sharp on the edges where polygons meet. They need to release a PC patch to enable SSAO.
I'm actually hitting some sort of FPS drop. My machine ISNT being maxed out, so I double i'm being bottle necked...

E8400 @ 3.9Ghz, 4GB 1066 DDR2 and GTX 460 1GB.
Old 2011-11-11, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
ikon
Master Sergeant

installing now, yey
Old 2011-11-11, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
I'm actually hitting some sort of FPS drop. My machine ISNT being maxed out, so I double i'm being bottle necked...

E8400 @ 3.9Ghz, 4GB 1066 DDR2 and GTX 460 1GB.
Drop shadows down and set AA to 4x and anistropic or whatever to 4. That should get rid of any slowdown. I'm playing on a 485m and it seemed to run a little slowly when those were maxed out. The 485m is pretty much identical to a 460 in performance so yeah that might be your solution.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion