A couple of questions:) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ever hear of a Mac Gamer? Neither have we.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-03, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lendrex
Private

A couple of questions:)

Hello All

OK couple of quick questions that would realy love to know, I'm just about to quit EQ to come over to PS answer if you can.

1) Are there levels in PS like EQ ie 1-65 or does the Exp go into getting better weapons armour etc?.

2) Does PS play very similar to tribes and Unreal tournament.

3) I'm realy looking to get away from the constant exp grind of games like EQ, however I only played very little of games like Tribes and UT and was way out of the league of Clan Players and such, bearing this in mind will I enjoy PS.

4) Last question Honest I like the look Terran however I also thought that playing a Human warrior would be a good idea on EQ so any starting tips would be great.

Thanks in advance

Lendrex Future loon with big Gun.
Old 2003-07-03, 06:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Knuckles
Staff Sergeant

1) There are two different levelling systems. Battle Rank (max BR20) and Commander Rank (max CR5). You buy different kinds of certs (weapons, armour, vehicles, abilities) with Your BR points.

2) Don't have any greater experience with these games, so I'll leave it to someone else to answer.

3) IMO there are no exp treadmill in PS. I know there will be people opposing me here but I have played EQ for a number of Years and I know what it means to do an exp grind. In PS I just play (read: have fun without worrying about low exp gain) and get levels as they come. IMO - You can start being useful right off the bat in PS. But there is a distinction - in EQ any numbnut could be 'fantastic' as a team player, if he was high level with uber gear. In PS You must have skill to be good, and must often make the right split decision call, in order to be successful... I like that.

4) There are so many ways to play PS, so many rolls and fuctions to fill. I'd recommend You to read alot on message boards (like this one), check the manual, ask questions and see what others do (in game). Do the whole Virtual Training tour too, to get the feel for different weaponry and vehicles (also gives You quite alot of exp - which You can buy 'real' certifications with).

Lendrex: Welcome to PS!
Old 2003-07-03, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
NightWalker XI
Colonel

All ya need to know is: PS > all and PS Devs = teh suck
Old 2003-07-03, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lendrex
Private

Thanks Knucles just what I was looking for. I have ordered my copy of PS today so should be on real soon.

Lendrex
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion