Burster Max - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: entering pain field, you will now take damage.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-30, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

The Burster is a great MAX. The problem with hitting high flying aircraft is you need to lead them as it takes your projectiles some time to get there. This is confounded by the fact that at that alttitude you can't actually see your shells explode sometimes. You could be doing damage and not even know it. It just takes a lot of practice and trial and error to figure it all out.

Next to the Starfire, the Burster is my next favorite AA MAX.
Old 2004-01-30, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Jagd
Major

The area of effect on the Burster is frigging huge. If you are using it indoors you will for surely get grief out of the deal. What kind of moron sits there watching grief scroll by thinking to himself "must be a bug, because I'm not hitting anyone". The splash damage fills an entire fricking spawn room, so stop using it inside friendly towers. Thanks!
Old 2004-01-30, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Acaila
First Lieutenant

The Burster is a great MAX, my favourite MAX in the game and the only one I use, I have no MAX certs on my NC or VS chars. I just wish TR would stop bringing it inside, it indiscriminately damages everyone and is a big pain in the ass. It rips aircraft a new asshole very effectively after a bit of practice and I believe all the complaints about it stem from people who don't know how to use their equipment. TR would have absolutely no problems dealing with air if everyone who parades around in a Burster realised that it is an AA MAX, not a long range AI/AV tickle cannon. Not that it isn't also the best long range AI device in the game aswell (it is better than a Bolt Driver), it is just better at AA.
Old 2004-01-30, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Neon Apocalypse
Colonel

people shouldnt complain because burster will rip any aircraft to shreds very quickly
Old 2004-01-30, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
MilitantB0B
Colonel

No "missle lock" warning=teh win

It is my favorite AA MAX. I alwasy hated seeing aircraft afterburnner off after I got a lock, but most inexperinced pilots assume that anything hitting them that isn't locking on is small arms fire and ignore it or try to outmanuver it, both end in a dead pilot.
Old 2004-01-30, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Morrik
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by PorkFryer
i really dont understand y ppl complain obut it! i get more kills with that than i do with the vanus aa max! as all the enemy hav to do is fly real fast away from the vanus or nc
Not everybody has refined skills and it takes some time to master any fact/part of the game. The Buster config is great if somebody knows how to use it effectively. I believe the abillity to mount a MAX unit (TR only) makes them all the more valuable. Basically a mobile turret.
Old 2004-02-01, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
KIAsan
First Sergeant

"you don't have the skill" or "you need to lead the target" or "you need to learn the equipment"

These are all lame counters to a discussion about a weapons flaws. Fact, bursters stink against high alt targets (like the lib), especially when there is a significant altitude difference. If you give me one of the above arguments, then fine, lets meet up next weekend on Markov. I will get a lib, you get a burster, I will go to flight ceiling, and then lets see your "skill" in action. You WONT kill me because a lone burster CANT kill a lib at altitude UNLESS the lib STOPS his plane and goes afk for a minute of two.

Now, PLEASE NOTE: I DID NOT say that the burster is unbalanced. It is a perfect weapon EXACTLY the way it is. I hate the fact that it stinks against libs, but if I could shoot down a lib at altitude, like I own mossies and reavers that are lower, then noone could fly against TR and it would be TOO powerful.

As to NC and VS AA, they are fine (except for the lock bug) as they are. They CAN hit a target at ANY flight level (since they have a lock), however, they fire slower than a burster. BUT, if we tried the above challenge with these two AA maxes, I would not live to drop all my bombs (because they would eventually kill me).

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-02-01, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Jagd
Major

If a Liberator pilot is smart enough to fly at flight ceiling (like most good ones) then he should have some protection from ground fire. 2 or 3 players are up there having spent some time regrouping and travelling, 1 player shouldn't be able to take them down so easily, be it an Air Cavalry pilot or an AA MAX.
Old 2004-02-01, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The Burster totally rocks. However when I am in the field I can see so many Bursters that dont have a fucking clue how to hit aircraft. Its just sad. The other day I got a skyguard and had this guy jump in and try to gun it. He never killed anything and reavers were as dense as a cloud of bees, it was friken pathetic. I didnt want to be a dick and kick him out so I just ran over a minefield to make the pain stop
Old 2004-02-01, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Visor
Sergeant

I had a worse expirience a gunner was trying to kill a reaver with the 12mm instead of the flak i send him a tell "WTF use the flak" and he replied "12mm kills them faster"
This was before the christmas n00b hunt.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion