Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So, will I get paid for this quote?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-02, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #241
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

Re: Prone Poll

Im indifferent. So yes make that an option.

Ive played many games that never used prone, played many that did. I never thought in either that something was missing. You just go used to finding cover differently.

PS: By not voting you are letting someone vote for you. I dont trust these people, sorry.

Last edited by SpcFarlen; 2012-06-02 at 08:41 PM.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #242
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
You secretly loved it.
Secretly? Why would I? I absolutely loved everything about the game. The wealth of tools, the variety in vehicles and environments, the functional minimap, Titan mode... it was 10x as good as BF3.

Campers were quite the damn problem with their underslung rockets though.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #243
Stardouser
Colonel

I would rather see a poll on whether people recognize that wanting prone removed is a way of controlling the ways that others play just because you don't want them playing that way.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #244
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Shott View Post
For the love of God if this forum is going to have a million polls every day, please don't have "other" or "indifferent."

If you're indifferent, don't vote. If the poll question is "This" or "That," there is no other. It only skews numbers.
Clam it. Lots of people don't give a shit if it's in or not in, so that's a valid option.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #245
proxy
Contributor
Sergeant

I chose "other" and here is why:

In BF2, "dolphin hopping" - lame. Sort of a meta game, but unintentional.

In BF3, better. You could slide, slower to get up, interfered with shooting. But you could still stick half your body into a wall or a nook.

I think if this was a game with full collision, where I need appropriate spacing for my entire body to be placed, appropriate equipment that can be fired from prone, armor that works while prone, then yes sure, lets try it.

But as it looks now, it doesn't seem to fit the flavor of the game put forth already.

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #246
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Secretly? Why would I? I absolutely loved everything about the game. The wealth of tools, the variety in vehicles and environments, the functional minimap, Titan mode... it was 10x as good as BF3.

Campers were quite the damn problem with their underslung rockets though.
I agree with that. I had a good time with BF2143, but I still think BF2 was the kingpin of the series. BF3 was a bit watered down tactically.

Back on topic... prone poll. This will be interesting.. or probably not. This forum is comprised mostly of old PS1 vets so the results are pretty skewed. Who knows
Old 2012-06-02, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #247
Shott
Private

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
Clam it. Lots of people don't give a shit if it's in or not in, so that's a valid option.
You're polite.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #248
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by proxy View Post
I chose "other" and here is why:

In BF2, "dolphin hopping" - lame. Sort of a meta game, but unintentional.

In BF3, better. You could slide, slower to get up, interfered with shooting. But you could still stick half your body into a wall or a nook.

I think if this was a game with full collision, where I need appropriate spacing for my entire body to be placed, appropriate equipment that can be fired from prone, armor that works while prone, then yes sure, lets try it.

But as it looks now, it doesn't seem to fit the flavor of the game put forth already.
Prone does not automatically mean dolphin diving. It also doesn't have to mean half your body in the wall.

But BF3's prone is too slow to get up. It's not necessary to have BF3's restrictive prone to stop dolphin diving, MW3's prone is better.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #249
Envenom
Sergeant Major

You're polite.
Please clam it.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #250
Fara
Corporal

Dev's origonally thought in PS1 that prone would slow the pace of gameplay ergo we never had it. With hindsight however it was posted that they wished it was included in the origonal development, since post production would have been too costly or something close to that effect it was never added.

Personally I don't see the harm in prone. Skeptical at first in BF3 but aside from the hiding in corners (with your feet in a wall) its never been an issue for me
Old 2012-06-02, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #251
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Ok well I merged the two threads. I really need the mod option to add polls, so we can avoid these double topics. It was like a plague a few weeks ago.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #252
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I'd like to change my vote from other (indifferent) to No. It seems to me that prone would significantly empower defensive tactics and I don't see any particular need for that change in gameplay flow.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #253
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
I would rather see a poll on whether people recognize that wanting prone removed is a way of controlling the ways that others play just because you don't want them playing that way.
Damn straight... they shouldn't be playing that way. I want to play Planetside, not some weird game with people licking the ground. There is nothing wrong with this position.

It's comparable to complaining about llama grabbers in T:A (though that's not forced); it's not something that has any place in Planetside because it's the wrong way to play.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #254
SKYeXile
Major General

For the love of God if this forum is going to have a million polls every day, please don't have "other" or "indifferent."

If you're indifferent, don't vote. If the poll question is "This" or "That," there is no other. It only skews numbers.
lol i know right, the prone n00bs are gonna be all like yes+other has more votes than no and then declare victory.

PSU is well known for having shitty polls.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-02, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #255
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
I'd like to change my vote from other (indifferent) to No. It seems to me that prone would significantly empower defensive tactics and I don't see any particular need for that change in gameplay flow.
Definitely not true, in my opinion. If anything, crouch will be sufficient for defenders of a base since they will be a lot more likely to have crouch height cover , and attackers coming from outside the base will not.

And even if and when it is true, that's called digging in as a defense.
Originally Posted by GreatMazinkaise View Post
Damn straight... they shouldn't be playing that way. I want to play Planetside, not some weird game with people licking the ground. There is nothing wrong with this position.

It's comparable to complaining about llama grabbers in T:A (though that's not forced); it's not something that has any place in Planetside because it's the wrong way to play.
Who is anyone to say that something is or isn't the way to play in any game? I was apparently under the mistaken impression that Planetside's distinguishing factor was the large scale and persistence, instead of people being forced into run and gun battles.

Sad thing is, prone is one of the smallest effects on gameplay pace that there probably can be and you guys don't realize it. But at least you are admitting that you want to force your subjective opinion on others.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion