Outfit / Squads moving to any server? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We're PSU. Who the hell are you?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-20, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ImperialZenta
Private

Outfit / Squads moving to any server?

A question about this note:

"Although players can choose to play on any server regardless of their geographic location, we do offer more local servers in order to provide a better gaming experience. Very soon we will be opening up servers in Europe to better serve our European players. Rest assured, however, that Outfits and Squads with members all over the world will be able to join each other and play on any server they choose. Let the battles begin, and we'll see you on Auraxis! "

How do I read this properly? Is our outfit and character status stored such that we as an outfit can plan to be on a game server at a particular time and fight there? Next day, go to another game server and fight at that one?
I never checked this during the beta as I always played on one server.
Old 2003-05-20, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

No, I think they are saying that US and EU servers will be interoperable with the different publishers' accounts. This would be a reversal of what they said previously, in that you would have to have the EU version to connect to european servers and the US version for US servers. Can you link to where you found that text? This was something of a sticking point for a lot of people.
Old 2003-05-20, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Moo
Private

The first poster is correct. That text is on the official site.
Old 2003-05-20, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
sPooT
Contributor
Corporal

No characters aren't serverwide if that's what you're asking. You have different characters on different servers. What the devs meant was that you can play on U.S. servers with your PS copy bought in Europe for example.

You can find this at www.planetside.com right at the frontpage.
Old 2003-05-20, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Hey Moo, I wasn't disputing what he said, just his interpretation of it, which I am fairly certain is incorrect. I am also certain that SOE helpdesk was originally saying that EU and US versions would not interoperate on the servers.
Old 2003-05-20, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bluegold
Private

All correct, though for further clarification: outfits aren't server-wide either. My clan, Bloodthirsty, existed with different members, different points, etc. on different servers at the same time in beta.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion