Gameplay: Route Planner - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma's watching.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-05-14, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Lightbulb Route Planner

I can't remember just how many MMOs afford you the capacity of a decent course-plotting system...

Whilst aircraft provide the capacity of avoiding many natural and empire-based obstacles in getting to waypoints, if you can't fly them and you have to look at the map constantly in a ground vehicle; running the risk of dying before you can even reach your destination, PlanetSide 2 can be trying at times. My particular concern is also the issue with Objective Missions planning to be added -- unless you extensively fight over the local territory, trying to get there can prove really problematic if you are unfamiliar with the terrain.

What I'm suggesting is a more methodical expansion to the system, whereby a faint but solid line in the same colour as the Waypoint along actual roads appears to drivers or foot troops, to provide the shortest possible route. Broken lines that will appear then show alternative routes along back roads, as well as a tertiary line in a different colour could show possible ingress via mountain/hillside accessways that aren't proper thoroughfares.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2013-05-14 at 01:51 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bulltahr
Corporal

Re: Route Planner

Me likey!!!!!
Old 2013-05-14, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Micro
Sergeant Major

We need a GPS. ^_^
Old 2013-05-15, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mustakrakish
Corporal

It'd be nice, yeah.

However, the ability to set multiple personal waypoints with different labels would probably work just as well.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mustakrakish View Post
It'd be nice, yeah.

However, the ability to set multiple personal waypoints with different labels would probably work just as well.
I don't think the game allows for it; I've seen our squad/platoon leader make use of the waypoint by gradually shifting it once we reach a certain location, but if they happen be driving a vehicle it can be annoying.

It would be better if there was just an automated spline highlighting the route between your current location, and your destination.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2013-05-25 at 02:36 AM.
Old 2013-05-26, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
BMB
Private

This is a great idea, the ability to have mulitple personal way points or the faint line route planner are both great ideas.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault