C22 - Konried/Emerald [NA] - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What happens at PSU, ends up on Google.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-14, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
sinisterxld
Private

Re: C22 - Konried/Emerald

I would just like to say that the original =C22= was exceptional because every member of the outfit played for the team. We didn't have members who were concerned about kill/death ratios or individual accolades. The original =C22= operated as a unselfish team. This team worked together to complete objectives that were both exciting and (more often) boring. We didn't invent generator room tactics, but certainly excelled at employing them. We didn't invent domino gen drops or lattices hacks, but we certainly became good at using the tactic. It's easy to use tactics when your members are more worried about the team than themselves.

I read posts across the board about team play and military tactics - well I can tell you that those are characteristics that embodied the original =C22= . In fact, many people don't even know my name and I was the original outfit commander. I had less kills after two years of playing than a noob with only a few months in game. I spent 75% of my game time huddled in a corner reading the tactical map and directing traffic via teamspeak. It was a great experience and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I don't think =C22= was the best outfit, there were so many good outfits that no one stood much above the other. We were just a creative outfit. We used our friendships with fellow TR outfits to organize massive operations. These were not zergs. They were massive ops coordinated among three or four different outfits each with a specific objective and goal. Some outfits had no other objective than to create a diversion by lighting up the EW's of non target facilities. But, we each played our part and the net result was fun. I look forward to seeing many of those outfits again in PS2.

I am looking forward to PS2 and I hope that it contains the high number of mature players found in PS1. I am not sure why I am writing this long post. I know that PS1 (before the multitude of bad game changes) was a great game because it attracted great players. I hope the same for PS2. Here's to seeing many old faces and meeting many new faces in PS2
- Cheers
Old 2012-06-21, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Tulka
Private

still looking for new faces, and old ones too!

register on our forums! http://c22.site.nfoservers.com/
Old 2012-06-26, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rat
First Sergeant

Woah!!! blast from the past going on here....I was part of the DBD merger back on Konried...hear from any of those boys?
Old 2012-06-26, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dart
Second Lieutenant

I used to really enjoy fighting C22. You guys always seemed one of the best large Outfits in terms of organization and teamwork. I still remember being in fights and thinking we'd wiped you only to find the same 20 guys all pouring in through the backdoor.

I look forward to seeing you all in PS2!
Old 2012-06-26, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Tulka
Private

@ Rat the only DBD member still hanging around is CommandantGrayza. We'd love to have you back if you're looking to join back up!

@Dart we usually had a backup plan (ams backdoor) in case we got wiped out, which happened more than im proud of =P
Old 2012-06-28, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Trevellian
Private

Been a lot of old faces popping up. Would love to see more of the old DBD Guys as well Rat! Other than Grayza we haven't seen many of them... well, I guess Priceless was DBD I think. But he has been hangin around for years.

Approved you on the forums. Welcome back!
Old 2012-06-28, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

hah actually I was in DBD but got recruited with an alt prior to the merge... Really hoping Juvenile shows up again, he was tons'o'fun...
Old 2012-07-03, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Rat
First Sergeant

Think I have Juveys phone number somewhere...I know I can get in touch with Hollywood...
Old 2012-07-06, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Trevellian
Private

Re: C22 - Konried/Emerald [NA]

Well Sooth you're more than welcome to come back, and if you find Juvey and Hollywood get them over to the site Rat. And let us know.

We're still trying to get ahold of Facey as well.
Old 2012-07-13, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Cutter
Private

Re: C22 - Konried/Emerald [NA]

=C22= ready to roll!
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic