My Community Day Write-Up - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Even NC call 911
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-15, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: My Community Day Write-Up

Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
Oh that was RadarX? The guy who was greeting and talking to everyone outside?

@Radar: I was the guy who you kept asking if I was sleepy or not, and I responded with half asleep but really excited lol.

Edit: Oh never mind I thought you meant that guy(TR tags + PS2 shirt outside) was RadarX. Ya I don't think i met him =(
Yeah, that guy outside (I'm seriously bad at names >< ) said he was a Community Manager for Everquest and whenever SOE makes some convention him and Radar get roomed together. Always. Lols. Anyway he was outside the whole time, but when we were leaving we went over and talked to him a bit more since he was a super cool guy and he said that Radar should be like one of the first people we met once inside the building. I had no idea. T_T

Originally Posted by shadar View Post
Were you tap or burst firing, stationary, strafing, or runing, what weapon were you using was it an assault rifle, smg or somthing else entirely?
+
Originally Posted by LegioX View Post
Can you please tell me about your experience flying?

1. How did the planes feel?
2. Can you freelook and do flying maneuvers at the sametime?
3. Do you have a 6 view? and if not how far back can you look?
4. Any energy retention on planes when you dive/climb?

Thanks. Good write up!

Burst firing mostly with some full auto spray, almost entirely stationary with some strafing Not enough for me to be able to tell the two apart, tho. Sorry. I only played twice (30 minutes each). Burst firing to me means 2-5 rounds per burst.

The first play through I went VS and liked pretty much everyone's weapons. The SMG had a little bit more spread, but a very high rate of fire compared to the HA's AR. I was basing my earlier numbers off of the HA's/Engi's rifles (Recap of the guesstimations: 30-40 feet no problems, 50 feet seeing moderate rate of missed shots, controlled tap bursts may increase the range +20-40 feet depending on customizations and player skill all without ADS). Got into a Mag once and shot down a Lib with the main cannon. Not too hard at only 100-150 yards, tho I do well at arcing projectiles.

The second play through I went NC just for the hell of it (population the second time with 2 of my friends and I going NC was 42% VS, 34% TR and 24% NC or something close to that). I found that while the NC LA SMG may have had more damage per shot the recoil and spread on their weapons are drastically increased. Same with the rifle variants on the HA and the Engi/Medic. They were just too spread out for my skill to handle. On this play through is when I got into the vehicles more than the infantry. The Vanny is a BEAST. I jousted with three different Prowlers in a solo vanny, got two of them and got ruined by the third. Jousted meaning that I ran the vanny past them while already spinning the main cannon turret to blow out their backdoors. Did the same thing to the second one before the third one finally got me. It probably would have been much more fair balanced if the Prowler pilots weren't incompetent. I also tried flying a Lib, but forgot to invert the mouse controls for air vehicles and ended up swinging up and down in the air for a good 2 minutes before I finally crashed.

Physics DOES have a major impact on all vehicles, ground, air and even the MAX I would say (sprinting takes a second to build up or slow down). The I'm not sure if I could say that the Lib built up a whole lot of momentum while diving so that the dive went faster, but pulling out of a dive sure was a fairly difficult accomplishment and sort of drawn out compared to leveling out of a climb.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-07-15 at 09:21 PM.
Old 2012-07-15, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Comet
First Sergeant

Oh neat Kran - thanks! I know there was chatter about aircraft staying at a steady speed while diving and that didn't feel correct.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Synapse
First Sergeant

You should all take Kran's discussion of what he played with a grain of salt. It was clear to me that everything was not only possible to change, but very likely to change between now and release and in many cases between now and beta.

Still a lot in flux people, what we should take out of this event is that the game is beautiful, fun, and in the right hands. I wouldn't stretch for more.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

You said the recoil wasn't "at the miniumum". CAn you explain that more?
Old 2012-07-16, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Kran De Loy
Captain

Edit: Who are you quoting Thermal?

Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
You should all take Kran's discussion of what he played with a grain of salt. It was clear to me that everything was not only possible to change, but very likely to change between now and release and in many cases between now and beta.

Still a lot in flux people, what we should take out of this event is that the game is beautiful, fun, and in the right hands. I wouldn't stretch for more.
This is definitely true and I completely agree to that people shouldn't take just my word for it since I was having too much fun to really analyze the game. Also like I said with about the Aircraft, I didn't fix the controls before I got into one so it is entirely possible that I am mistaken about the physics. I'm going purely by memory and how it 'felt' without being able to actually test it by the numbers.

By the time I could get into another air craft the 30 minutes was up. Felt like more like 3 minutes.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-07-16 at 02:27 AM.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Edit: Who are you quoting Thermal?
I could have sworn someone said the recoil wasn't at the miniumum. So rephrasing question, how's the recoil? Is it call of duty as rough as a slight wind change or A.V.A obnoxiusly hard to control or somewhere in the middle?

Edit: also, Was there the horrible mechanic of "Omg relaasdascadtic sun blinds you" because it's realstic and not for fun?

Last edited by ThermalReaper; 2012-07-16 at 03:12 AM.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Synapse
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThermalReaper View Post
I could have sworn someone said the recoil wasn't at the miniumum. So rephrasing question, how's the recoil? Is it call of duty as rough as a slight wind change or A.V.A obnoxiusly hard to control or somewhere in the middle?

Edit: also, Was there the horrible mechanic of "Omg relaasdascadtic sun blinds you" because it's realstic and not for fun?
I've posted this twice already and people aren't listening. Recoil. along with 90% of the gunplay is going to change so much between now and beta it wouldn't help you to know, so stop asking. >
Old 2012-07-16, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
I've posted this twice already and people aren't listening. Recoil. along with 90% of the gunplay is going to change so much between now and beta it wouldn't help you to know, so stop asking. >
Case in point, right now non-ADS CoF bloom is non-existent outside of movement.

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
BlueSmiley
Private

Your wall of text makes me want to play even harder!

No, seriously. Great text, man! It's also wonderful to see that the developers are honest and close with the community.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-16, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Yeah, that guy outside (I'm seriously bad at names >< ) said he was a Community Manager for Everquest and whenever SOE makes some convention him and Radar get roomed together. Always. Lols. Anyway he was outside the whole time, but when we were leaving we went over and talked to him a bit more since he was a super cool guy and he said that Radar should be like one of the first people we met once inside the building. I had no idea. T_T
Piestro is a trooper for staying out in the sun half the day talking with folks in the line. I was the guy who was letting all of you in and moving everyone out after 30 minutes (yes I was the good guy and the bad guy).

Developer participation was outstanding. A lot of those guys stuck around until the very end of the event.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
cryosin
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Piestro is a trooper for staying out in the sun half the day talking with folks in the line. I was the guy who was letting all of you in and moving everyone out after 30 minutes (yes I was the good guy and the bad guy).

Developer participation was outstanding. A lot of those guys stuck around until the very end of the event.
Ah so you're the guy who said "everyone but SOE's gotta go". It's okay you where very nice about it. I remember you said that when I really wanted to get that last kill, and you let me stay for a little bit without bothering me. I know how hard it is to be "that guy" but you did great.

Originally Posted by BlueSmiley View Post
Your wall of text makes me want to play even harder!

No, seriously. Great text, man! It's also wonderful to see that the developers are honest and close with the community.
NP man thanks a lot for reading it all. Just trying to freshen up my essay skills haha. Glad they aren't terrible .
Old 2012-07-16, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Was there any signs of "relastic sun glare"?
Old 2012-07-16, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

One small question: does the med-gun use ammo for healing ? For revives ?

In short, will we run out healing/revives after a while unless we reach a supply point ?
Old 2012-07-16, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
One small question: does the med-gun use ammo for healing ? For revives ?

In short, will we run out healing/revives after a while unless we reach a supply point ?
For healing at least it seems to be infinite (displays ---/--- in the ammo display while Higby uses it in the latest Alpha footage).

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-16, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by GreatMazinkaise View Post
For healing at least it seems to be infinite (displays ---/--- in the ammo display while Higby uses it in the latest Alpha footage).
Thanks.

We'll have to wait and see how it plays out but, a priori, I hope it will change to not being unlimited.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion