My Community Day Write-Up - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Arnold Schwarzenegger for Admin!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-16, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: My Community Day Write-Up

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
There are pads at outposts and towers as well. Time varied depending on where your points were
So they are still planning on that? They seemed uncertain when you and Jenny went to Cali, so I didn't want to rely on it too much.
Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
Ground vehicles where easy to get. They had a random resource amount, but it seemed like the only obstacle for us was a cooldown.
It sounds as though ground vehicles are pretty readily available. I'm trying to figure out if there's any real place for a Lodestar replacement, is why I have an interest. If it makes more sense for a group to just take a backlines tower and pull tanks, then there's not much reason to develop something like that.

Thank you for the write up and the Q&A incidentally, it's awesome to have a reasonably up to date picture of how everything is developing.

Unrelated:

One time i spawned and tried to get a scythe, but couldn't reach the terminal. I changed my loadout to Light Assault so i could get up there. This was of course a building not even part of the area where we were suppose to fight. I was just trying to get an aircraft.
You know I've noticed some really odd structure design choices in the videos we've seen. Like the way the air pads on towers aren't connected to the base by a walkway, so the only way to get back to a landed plane would be to roll LA. I kind of hope that's temporary.

The scythe was really wierd. You could literally tilt it sideways and keep flying the same direction without loss of control.
Yesssssssss.

From what i can tell Light Assault is really only good for scouting and surprising people. I'm not sure what role they would play when teamwork kicks in. I can now understand why they originally gave Light Assault Ammo packs.
Don't underestimate the value of those two things! I imagine the life of an LA will be short and glorious, jumping behind enemy lines, killing the engies, medics, and snipers supporting the front, and just generally making life hell for the enemy.

Last edited by Talek Krell; 2012-07-16 at 05:11 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
wraithverge
Sergeant

pretty sure the unconnected places are supposed to have teleport pads.
Old 2012-07-16, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
DarknessOne
Private

Great read, thanks man!
Old 2012-07-18, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

And if those LA happen to have some C4 (something we saw in TotalBiscuit's very first PS2 video), suddenly then can do a lot more than take out the squishies in back.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion