Black Widow Company: military-style, veteran-owned [NA] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude, wheres my ANT?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic

Old 2003-10-19, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Black Widow Company: military-style, veteran-owned [NA]

Black Widow Company, a proud member of the ULTRA Alliance, is looking for players for Planetside 2. Our primary focus is air assault heavy infantry and air-mobile rapid response.

TL/DR VERSION:
Recruitment into BWC will require a small amount of commitment on the part of potential recruits:
1) Players must post a recruitment application on the BWC forums using the application template on the forums.
2) Players will be required to read and /sign the SOP (our charter), provided they wish to continue the recruitment process.
3) We require members to sign up on the BWC Operations Server and place their FruitSalad signature banner in their forum profile (BWC forums only).
4) Playing whilst on Teamspeak3 is required.
5) Each member is required to serve as a rifleman first - until PS2 comes along, Planetside members are required to obtain and maintain the Medium Assault certification.

EXTENDED CUT:
Our outfit is home to a large percentage of military veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Because of our member background we prefer to style ourselves a military-style outfit. We use small unit tactics, heavily adapted for Planetside. We have a highly-organized structure and a dedicated chain of command. In games we support we perform weekly and nightly operations, and we also support Alliance operations. During planned/announced operations, typically we use strict comms procedures on Teamspeak (no worrying about idiots chattering idle-BS on TS). During "off-duty" times and casual play, we're fairly loose but we do not tolerate hot-miking or transmission-abuse: running your mouth for no reason, screaming over TS, spamming channel, etc.

For the aspiring member we offer a wide range of training and a promotion points system that negates croneyism and favouritism, a system which is reviewed periodically and adjusted to account for game OPTEMPO. For the glory-hounds we have a Battle Decorations Program that allows members to achieve decorations and awards. Or you can simply sign up and be a member. Completion of the basic expectations is all we require - everything else is window-dressing and is voluntary.

For those seeking to be more than just a guy with an outfit tag, we offer three Task Forces that serve as our special-focus teams. Task Force Ranger is an air assault heavy infantry force. Task Force Commando is an air-mobile light infantry force. Task Force Dragon is our air cavalry/air support team. It is not required to join any of them. Or you can be a regular casual player without doing anything more than the basic membership requirements.

We are also active IRL on the US East Coast with a semi-pro paintball team which has racked up a number of awards and is well-known for its competitive gameplay, quality players, and ability to get the job done. Our services in this regard are sought after, with scenario "generals" regularly asking us to attend and play for their team. This is one of the many things that separates BWC from the average Planetside video-game outfit.

If you're looking for a professional outfit that believes in teamwork, communication, tactics, loyalty and friendship, then look no further than Black Widow Company.

http://www.the-bwc.com

Last edited by Firefly; 2012-06-18 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Changed OP // Added Empire Post Prefix
Old 2003-10-30, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

heya, I'd like an outfit on Emerald, I'm TR on that server, sign me up
Old 2003-10-31, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Sign yourself up, at our forums. Simply register (no wait or confirmation email crap), and say hello on the recruiting forum. Let us know when we can find you in-game, and one of the officers will get online and find you, to invite you.

Please familiarize yourself with our SOP (on the outfit main page) in the meantime.

--ff/bwc

Last edited by Firefly; 2012-02-29 at 01:10 AM.
Old 2003-11-02, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Firefly.....are you the same firefly from Tribes 2? I think...Tribal Rangers was your clan if im not mastaken
Old 2003-11-05, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Negative, that wasn't me. Never played the game.
Old 2003-11-06, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Dam.....that sux i was so hopeing you where my old T2 commader........
Old 2003-11-23, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

BUMP:

Come be a part of the only known outfit that SturmGrenadier (NC-Emerald) has challenged to an outfit duel.

Black Widow Company has been in Planetside since beta. The outfit was founded by a group of active-duty military members who all shared a passion for first-person shooters. BWC was a member of the AGO alliance founded by Clan Draconus Lupus. Black Widow Company was, and is now again, a part of the Emerald Alliance. Black Widow Company has a total of 40-some players, and our battle record speaks for itself. We do with one to two squads what other outfits need two platoons to barely pull off. We create and review in-game tactics, and we stick to them. What others find tricky, risky, and amazingly badassky, we find routine and easy. We've been there, we've done that, and we MADE the t-shirt. *AND* we had fun doing it.

Tired of idiot commanders that couldn't lead an army of lemmings? Tired of immature so-called-"1337" kiddies who want you for XP fodder and couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag? Tired of no-shows and a roster full of names with a log-in date of August? Not the Black Widows- because we don't tolerate that crap.

Tired of an outfit full of solo-artists, lone wolfs and assorted people you don't even know? Tired of a huge community of second-rate players who are a liability, would rather have a TK fest and are no better than a platoon of pop-up targets? Not the Black Widows- because we don't tolerate that crap.

Are you lonely in an outfit with three active people? Are you tired of your outfit's mission being "strictly homeland defense"? Are you fed up with getting trashed across a continent full of NC tag-teaming you with the Vanu like a pack of prisoners just released from lock-down? Not on the Black Widow Company's watch.

We specialize in assault infantry, unconventional warfare, and small-unit tactics (aka commando raids). We stay away from zergs and we like to find the enemy and donkeypunch them while they try to deal with powergaming zergers. We have a rigid command structure and strict Teamspeak communications policy. You'll see our outfit commanders and you'll see them daily, both in-game and on the forum. We feature well-planned weekly operations (generally at least two per week) and we also perform training operations and squad-tactics familiarization. We run "certification courses" where you can earn awards and badges to slap in your signature and website profile, very similar to how the military works.

So- if you're tired of being some pawn that's torn between too many chiefs and not enough indians, tired of outfit politics, and torn between indeciveness amongst the various CR5 Flavors Of The Day, head on over to the website, check out the SOP, and sign up on the forums today. I guarantee you that you won't regret it.

Firefly, Executive Officer
Black Widow Company, Terran Republic
LOYALTY UNTIL DEATH!

Last edited by Firefly; 2012-02-29 at 01:10 AM.
Old 2003-11-25, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
KaozReign
Private

Good group of people here from what I've seen. Good luck on the reorg Firefly.
Old 2003-11-25, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Tango-mike, me too.
Old 2003-12-01, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Shameless bump. Be a part of the outfit that deliberately defies CR5s simply because we can.
Old 2003-12-17, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

A bump for the Republic.
Old 2003-12-17, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
TheN00b
Colonel

Just out of curiousity, do you have to be in an Outfit squad, ot can you be independent sometimes?
Old 2003-12-17, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

We prefer that most times, you be part of an outfit squad. Our outfit isn't a collection of chaotic anarchists who get together and just occasionally work together. We don't tolerate lone wolfs, but there are people who do solo for a bit. By lone wolf I mean they are in the outfit to leech XP or to wear the tag and have a ready-made source of squaddies if they want CEP or XP.

Black Widow Company is known for its planned raids and frequent organized operations. During these well-planned operations, we expect all online members to first get on Teamspeak and then assist in the operation. As long as you are in a BWC squad during that operation, we don't care what you do during "off-duty" nights. However, if we make an impromptu operation and we ask for all available (ie online) members to join, we expect that courtesy of teamwork.
Old 2003-12-23, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Now featuring "Not Safe For Work" Naughty-Bits forum for of-age members.

Also featuring three of the five female PS/TR players...
Old 2004-01-03, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dunce
Private

I've been with this outfit for a while and can honestly say that there is no better place to be if you want to play with well organised, sensible players. Come join us!
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic