Medkits - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Gods of war hate those who hesitate.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-17, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Heavygain
Lieutenant Colonel

Medkits

Will they be returning in ps2? Haven't noticed any in the various gameplay footage, except possibly http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MjdloVQZ56M at 27:03 though I am really not sure as to what the blue swirly lights were.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Aurmanite
Captain

Re: Medkits

If I remember correctly medkits will be making a comeback. Like grenades and other power type items, available via purchase with resources only.
Old 2012-07-17, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If I'm not imagining things I saw a medpack in TBs footage. I can't find the exact bit though.
Old 2012-07-17, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

It the recent Higby presentation we saw medkits you can equip. It takes up the item slot and competes with C4 for that slot (and we can assume other type of items in the future). And yea, it looks like TB used one in his video.

Last edited by OutlawDr; 2012-07-17 at 09:23 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Medkits don't seem to be the dueling edge granting item that they used to be. More likely they're a consumable version of the old Medigun/Armorgun combo to be used behind a corner.

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

I think everyone can have a single medkit which allows to remove the red blur of near death, but since health is regenerative it is not needed. Mabey should bring something in like the spartain in HAL0 reach.

I think the medic has an ability to spawn medpacks along with resurecting, something that only a medic can do.

Mabey they should also make a stim pack, something that will hit to give you a speed increase during sprints and a jump boost, downside is helth regeneration will be disabled untill the stim effects wear off.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

If I'm watching the footage correct, they look like nanite epi-pens, or atropene from The Rock. Pretty awesome!

~Zachariah
Old 2012-07-18, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kran De Loy
Captain

Wait, when was it confrimed that Health Regen was gonna stay in the game?

Please say there isn't anything other than it just showing up in previous builds. Please.
Dear lord, please.

Also Medkits? Sad face. Super sad face.

I guess I could see them working if they replace something else equally resourceful, like grenades. And there was a medic only version that let them carry multiple syringes that they could slap onto a solider for a very fast regen heal. Lasts 2 seconds heals n + 100 (for being a medic) amount. Something like that.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-07-18 at 08:55 AM.
Old 2012-07-18, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Revanmug
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post

Please say there isn't anything other than it just showing up in previous builds. Please.
Dear lord, please.

I guess I could see them working if they replace something else equally resourceful, like grenades. And there was a medic only version that let them carry multiple syringes that they could slap onto a solider for a very fast regen heal. Lasts 2 seconds heals n + 100 (for being a medic) amount. Something like that.
From the look of it, it was replacing C4 detonator so I guess C4 charge too? Seems to be a pretty hefty choice.
Old 2012-07-18, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Dear lord, please.

Looks like it, the medic is only for mass healing with the AOE heal effect or rezing.

I actually didn't mind the superkits, the cooldown timer was so long you would depend on regular medkits first and only use those as a last resort. You would be an idiot to have more than 1 supermedkit in you inventory.

Also the stim packs I thought were amusing. I remeber using the to surge under the bridge as a underwater commando. Then I would sneak up under the water and drop CE at a bridge fight. There really should have done allot more with water in Planetside 1. I really hope they do something with it in Planetside 2. rivers and Streams would be nice.
Old 2012-07-18, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Marinealver View Post
I think everyone can have a single medkit which allows to remove the red blur of near death, but since health is regenerative it is not needed. Mabey should bring something in like the spartain in HAL0 reach.
They are already spartans with 2 healthbars, one is the shield which regens and the other is the healthbar that can only be healed by medpacks and medics.
Old 2012-07-18, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Wenzlo
Private

From what I understand, your armor/shield regenerates, but your health does not. Hence no engi infantry armor gun.
Old 2012-07-18, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Nemo
Private

Dear lord, please.

health regen makes me indeed very sad, it only diminishes the importance of medic role and the teamplay value, iirc I've even seen armor regen (!!!) so same story for teh engineer class
Old 2012-07-18, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
health regen makes me indeed very sad, it only diminishes the importance of medic role and the teamplay value, iirc I've even seen armor regen (!!!) so same story for teh engineer class
Health doesn't regen, only shields. There are no armor except for spartans.
Old 2012-07-18, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Nemo
Private

Originally Posted by Klockan View Post
Health doesn't regen, only shields. There are no armor except for spartans.
I've seen DEFINITIVE proof of health regen in many vids, whether it was just temporary alpha/beta gameplay-aid-sort-of-thing I don't know, but I sure hope it was, in some vids they have health + shield regen, and in the others it seems to be only shield regen (which tbh is the only sensible way)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion