PS Next: Wishlist - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It will pop your cherry
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-01-28, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Question PS Next: Wishlist

So with all the great discussion going on I wanted to create a general thread. What do you MOST want to see in PlanetSide Next? It can be anything from water combat (everyone seems to have wanted that in the original game) to new commander abilities.

Or even simple improvements like additional armor looks.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-01-28, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bloodly
Private

Re: PS Next: Wishlist

I'd like to see:

First-person views within vehicles, which includes passengers. A squad of friends sitting in the back of a galaxy, with the only indication of the outside conditions coming from glimpses through small windows, sounds of nearby exploding flak, or description from the pilot or gunners, that is what I want to experience in Planetside Next. Doesn't mean I think third-person should not also be included (for vehicles, anyway).

Only listed my #1, will add more if it looks like that's what this thread is about.

Last edited by Bloodly; 2011-01-28 at 07:54 PM.
Old 2011-01-28, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Return of the coffins.

OH, and Ant bombs. We definitely need to see the return of the Ant bomb.

On a serious note though, something along the lines of the pre-release game with updated graphics and I would be happy as a pig in shit.
Old 2011-01-28, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sifer2
Major

I agree with Bloodly I would like to see it be a fully first person view game even in vehicles. It would raise the skill factor in gameplay considerably an make corner camping less effective which is good.

Aside from that I want more persistent elements to the gameplay. I think one of the big complaints the early largest Planetside playerbase had was that it felt pointless since you were always losing the bases you had fought to take. Once you maxed out your Rank there wasn't much left to progress. I think its why they lost a lot of people even before they broke it with expansions.

I think the MMO audience craves that sense of progression an so I hope SOE has added more of such things into the game. Not just for the individual player but for Empires themselves so there is a sense of your day to day actions having a lasting impact.
Old 2011-01-28, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Krushiev
Private

For me...

- Updated graphics, and from what tidbits we've seen so far... Check.
- No Biffers... Check again.
- Lashers fucking up friendlies.
- Customized armor - As in decals, colour (restricted to faction, of course), and in-game medals or achievements.
- Specialized certifications (none of that Uni-max, or grouped up multi-certs).
- Weapon balance (like PS1 - Minus the Lasher BS).
- CR points being awarded to outfit leaders and (tagged) officers instead of any dumbass who leads a squad.
- An open bar (with "drunk effect") and strippers in whatever safe area that's provided.

TL;DR
-Just give me PS1 with updated gfx and gimped lashers with booze and strippers and I'm good. Thanks.

:P

Krush
Old 2011-01-28, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

1) A real, actual urban-combat zone - Corpse Combat's crap caverns were supposed to give us that feel, or so I recall reading. The only feeling it gave me was a slightly sour taste in my mouth and a feeling like I got raped, kinda like what I imagine it feels like to have a hobo jizz there.

2) Naval additions - like, offshore platforms (like an oil rig, think Delta Force: Land Warrior). Underwater breather implant, underwater weapon or two, maybe an underwater MAX, a couple of vehicles.

3) For Lashers to lash friendlies (it lashes Vanu just fine when I use their guns against them, HOW DOES IT FEEL).

4) I want Oshur back. You can keep the BI in-game but put Oshur back.

5) Keep the stupid shit out of PS:Next. Like BFRs. And get rid of that stupid Black Ops crap, or whatever the "actual" 4th Empire was (the uber-1337 dudes with stupid light sabers). Keep Core Combat, hell keep the Ancient Tech too.

6) Maybe some smart-bombs off the Vulture, provided a grunt lazes a target.

7) Make the Galaxy Gunship more like an actual Spectre gunship - all the stuff on one side.

8) Chaff or ECM on aircraft.

Last edited by Firefly; 2011-01-28 at 09:04 PM.
Old 2011-01-28, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bags
Lieutenant General

1.) Better hit detection
2.) Something to discourage door camping
3.) Boats could be interesting or pointless. Not that big of an item for me.
4.) Less Certs so we have less SA and less maxes
5.) Ant bombs!
6.) Graphics better not be too updates because my PS currently kills my 2007 PC with graphics on minimum.
7.) Either reduce the time to cap or make caps worth a lot more. Why would I sit on a base for 15 minutes to get 2.25k xp when I can go kill five people and get 2.5k?
8.) Support needs to be slightly more lucrative
9.) A "priority" based Kill spam option. For example, like in TF2. The kill spam shows other people, but your kills and you and your squadmates' deaths are highlighted and stay longer. I said optional because options are always good.

Originally Posted by siffer
I agree with Bloodly I would like to see it be a fully first person view game even in vehicles. It would raise the skill factor in gameplay considerably an make corner camping less effective which is good.
This makes no sense but OK if you think you're a better player because you drive in 1st person then go for it.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-01-28 at 09:14 PM.
Old 2011-01-28, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I think he means no third-person, or at least no third-person in infantry mode.
Old 2011-01-28, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Raymac
Brigadier General

All I really want for PS:N are 2 things. Smooth gameplay and massive scale.
Old 2011-01-29, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
7) Make the Galaxy Gunship more like an actual Spectre gunship - all the stuff on one side.
In like 2004 I made a post asking for a Gunship in the game, but the guns were 3 pods that could move from one side of the plane to the other independently. Also a pod that could move from the bottom to the top to provide anti-air as a secondary mode. Needless to say I was disappointed when the Galaxy Gunship arrived and it was a Galaxy with extra guns.

Anyway the thing I most want in the game is more players with the same basic game as a base.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-01-29 at 12:28 AM.
Old 2011-01-29, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

What I think PS2 needs to recapture the fundementals of the original:
  1. 256+ Battles
  2. Certification System
  3. New players able to go toe to toe with veterans and win.

Major additions I would love to see:
  • Night Fighting
  • BFR style weapon customisation for all vehicles
  • Every base unique
  • Realistic flight model
  • Head shots and vehicle weak points
  • Lodestar able to spawn vehicles when not in an enemy SOI

Small tweaks:
  1. Third person removed
  2. Infantry do not appear on radar
  3. Agiles can only equip short weapons, not the large HA/AV weapons however they have jump jets instead.
  4. Pilots and drivers can only wear standard armour
Old 2011-01-29, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tikuto
Major

• Smooth fluid HD quality and animations.
  • Darklight being on everyone's visor and not an implant.
  • Mending Kits for every Militant (everyone is responsible for their own body armor and body health).
  • Sprint button instead of Surge implant!
  • No more Silent Run implant lmao.
  • Deployable bases.
  • Command overhaul.
  • Zone-wide control system applied to super-powers (BFRs and Orbital Strikes)

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)

Last edited by Tikuto; 2011-01-29 at 04:41 AM.
Old 2011-01-29, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Chaotic Cow
Private

-Improved Visuals
-Improved Weather effects
-Improved Hit-Detection / Net Code
-Improved Medic Tools
(When I die, I want to see medics appear on my radar. I want to know one is coming so I don't rush to respawn.)
-Improved Implants
-Old World Map with weather icons.
-Day/Light System for Auraxis
(Assuming it will be 1 planet again)
-More Unique bases
-Removed 3rd person from Infantry
(Keep on vehicles)

They should change the idea of Caverns. Instead of just hollow rocks, they should of had underground cities. Old alien-tech buildings but with the same purpose as in Planetside. Modules. I think modules should play a bigger role.

Back to what I was saying...I would like to see a alien city underground. Not this fighting in a hollow rock. I want to see actual buildings.

Last edited by Chaotic Cow; 2011-01-29 at 09:19 AM.
Old 2011-01-29, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

More tactical buildings outside of bases (Bunkers were awsome, but a 12mm machine gun mounted in them would make them great.) Maybe CE deploy them? Watch towers (NO SPAWN TUBES) Would love to see small towns and cities with buildings that are closer to IRL buildings.

Customizable armor, weapons, and vehicles that everyone can use (Scopes on rifles, Change gun on lighting, harder armor for slower movement in rexo stuff like that)

Common tech and empire tech artillery that is able to be called in for fire support (Long range)

Naval warfare, ships have artillery for support too
Old 2011-01-29, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

-Improved Visuals Obviously going to happen
-Improved Weather effects Improved in what way? more types, better graphics? Actually forced to have an effect on gameplay - dust storms ground air vehicles?
-Improved Hit-Detection / Net Code Most annoying thing was that snipers who were on higher ground could nudge forward so only their barrel showed and you couldn't hit them but they could kill youa
-Old World Map with weather icons. It was cool seeing weather fronts move across the map
-Day/Light System for Auraxis Already existed, it just wasn't very profound. It also seemed that it got lighter the more people you were near. If you go out over the sea miles away from anything when it's night ingame it actually does get very dark
-More Unique bases Hells yeah

* Smooth fluid HD quality and animations. That would probably crash the server. Loads of scripted stuff going off at once causes problems. The animations were pretty good and I agree that the reload animations could be better, rather than just tapping the gun
* Darklight being on everyone's visor and not an implant. Cloakers are now dead...not too balanced
* Mending Kits for every Militant (everyone is responsible for their own body armor and body health). Support is 40% of Planetside, what do those guys do now? Keep medics/engineers, people shouldn't be self sufficient
* Sprint button instead of Surge implant! Your running speed without a gun = sprinting. Surge was actually a bunch of bionics in your leg whiuch explained why you could run with 60 kilos of armor plate. I don't think everyone should be surgiles
* No more Silent Run implant lmao. Interfarm is now death. Silent Run was needed for infiltrators to avoid detection/CE
* Deployable bases. = lag and easy griefing, wasn't an AMS basically a deployable base? Depends on what you mean, I'd love to see more deployables like trenches and pill boxes/machinegun nests. But a base seems a bit over the top
* Command overhaul. Elaborate?
* Zone-wide control system applied to super-powers (BFRs and Orbital Strikes) BFR's aren't in Next, but Orbital Strikes could do with a global cooldown or some kind of prerequisite. Perhaps you should have to take and control orbital uplinks on the map, that would be pretty cool. And then the uplink takes time to set up and send fire missions

* Night Fighting Yes if its done properly. E.g. ARMA 2 style, everyone needs built in visor Night vision goggles and infrared lasers on their guns. Possibly add in flares as well
* BFR style weapon customisation for all vehicles No, makes the game too hard to balance. This is why BFR's were dumb, the idea that something can change to AA, AV or AI in a few seconds just trashed the game. What could you possibly need to switch to? An MBT doesn't have many different options. They should have basic weapons, then you can choose ammunition. So a tank can have SABOT rounds for armor and suck at killing infantry, HEAT rounds are the middle ground and HE rounds are solely anti Infantry.
* Every base unique I think the idea is that the bases are modular pre-set designs. How many bases were in Planetside? 100? Making sure every unique base design is balanced and actually fun to assault/defend is hard enough. With 100 unique bases there will probably be some issues
* Realistic flight model
* Head shots and vehicle weak points The furthest I think this should go is Turret/Front/Side/Rear armor on vehicles. Turret is strongest, rear is weakest. This would give a value to real tactics such as hull down/turret down. And we can have some cool deployables for vehicles, like little bays they can drive into so only their turret shows. Headshots would inbalance sniping far too much, I think it should be left as it is. The skill in marksmanship in Planetside was aiming for the centre of mass and trying to be very accurate.
* Lodestar able to spawn vehicles when not in an enemy SOI This would be kind of broken. Imagine a constant stream of AMS's spawning 1 metre outside your SOI. The main thing about the bases was that you needed them for armor support. With a lodestar next to it a tower basically becomes a base. Bases balanced vehicles, the logistics of driving that slow tank from base to the battle. It meant that when you destroyed a tank it actually put it out of action for quite a while. I don't want that tank driver to just respawn two paces outside my SOI and get his tank straight back
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion