What do oufits need? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Damn! The bullets won't go through the walls!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-12, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ringring
Contributor
General

What do oufits need?

I saw Higby had (overnight to me) tweeted some questions asking for suggestions on what will be good in PS2 to support outfits better. These are my thoughts.

The biggest single pain in PS1 outfits was only having one outfit leader position when many outfits operated with co-leaders. My outfit outcasters had 5 co-leaders.

Another issue was the assignment of different outfit abilities, such as being able to pronote/demote and recruit to the outfit.

1. The first requirement is flexible rank structures and capabilities for each rank.

Another issue was that at some times different players would go 'inactive' to the game, unsub but fully intending to return at some later point. In PS1 these characters could clutter up the outfit roster so some way of having a seperate inactive roster would be good and ideally allowing the player to mark themselves as active/inactive.

2. An Inactive roster (or similar)

Similar to inactives, when players first join they could go on a recruit/trainee/trialist position before being promoted to full member. It could be achieved by having this as a position within a flexible roster but I'll put it as a request incase there is a more elegant option available.

3. A recruit/trainee/Trialist status

Many of the larger outfits have different units within them. Of example a Galaxy/grunt division, an Aircav Division, a Air Cav division. A the moment the idea we are playing around with is having a Gal Drop Division and a Aircav/Rapid Response Division. Some features within outfit customisation would be cool that supported this. For example individual division leaders or division camo .. whatever.

4. Support different division within the outfit

Outfit logo. PS1 offered a limited range of outfit logos for each outfit to chosse, which inevitably lead to different outfits choosing the same logo. I know Higby ruled out outfits submitting their own logos because each one would have to be vetted but how about building a graphical tool where you could pick different graphic elements and build a logo. Presumably if the are a standard set of elements (a tiger claw, a camo pattern, an explosion, a gun, a rocket launcher, a mossie/reaver/scythe and so on) no matter what combination a 'rude' image could not be created.

5. Outfit selected outfit logos.

That's it (so far)
Old 2012-06-12, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: What do oufits need?

The ability to have different divisions inside one outfit be able to use the outfits accrued cert points differently as to avoid the need for having multiple outfits to take advantage of outfit given benefits.

The ability for players to re-cert is also fairly important as that way events don't have bottle necks in the form of needing the people with the right certs to pull the properly equipped vehicles.

The ability to put up more than just a daily message sort of text. Normally that space was used to direct players to the forums where we'd have all the info about any events or such. A calender for the outfit that's accessible by outfit members would definitely be an improvement.

The ability to reward players for their contribution to the outfit in some form, could be resources, could be metals (that cost resources to buy), weapons, could be a marker next to their name. I know in our outfit we had an additional avatar that acted as a badge displaying your rank. Doesn't have to be fancy, roman numerals would work just fine but I'm sure that someone in art already has some idea they'd like to use.

The ability to see which members online are certed for what vehicle (or medic stuff etc) as what way I wouldn't need to ask constantly "do we have any X?"

The ability to buy skins for outfit members in bulk that are only available to current members of the outfit.

An away list that members can be put on if they've had to leave the game but plan to be back at a later date. This would protect them from the occasional purge.

Chat channels are already in, VoiP is already in along with channel management, so those don't really need to be mentioned. Though I'm hoping that we don't need to be playing the game (or using an Ipad) to drop in and check on things. Though probably will need another VoiP server just for community stuff because I don't think PS2 wants to pay for voice chat in other games the outfit will play.

A tutorial or training area would be fantastic. Even if its just a series of informational videos a tutorial is mission critical for getting new players up to speed.

And that's all I can think of right now. I'll come up with more later.
Old 2012-06-12, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Stardouser
Colonel

Outfit sticky notes that show on the main map screens of members and can be closed temporarily/permanently/minimized by each individual.

An outfit message of the day similar to guild message of the day from Everquest, ie, the instant you log in, a message that can be changed by the leader/officers pops up. That way people don't have to spam text and voice channels for info on what the current operation location is.
Old 2012-06-12, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tikuto
Major

Lightbulb Load-outs & Super-weapons

• Outfit load-outs: An optional, additional and customizable Outfit load-outs so that a responsible player 'Tactician' can support or command his Outfit-squads, platoons and whole battalions. Similar to EVE 'Corporation Fittings'.
  • Super-weapons: In correlation with empire-wide resource-gaining, Outfits have their own diminishing 'eligibility pool' which grants them ownership and activation of an Imperial super-weapon (Warship, BFR, other..). This comes at a cost of dumping Empire-owned resources effecting your Empire, hence the 'eligibility points' in which to dump those resources.
    -- ONE PER EMPIRE, PER CONTINENT! with EMPIRE-WIDE COOL-DOWNS! (Controlled)
  • Battle Log: Timeline history of stuff used to decide who did what, who to promote, etc, with filter options and Highlightable events. Social media export stuff.

Outfit Speciality Super-weapons:
Objective-based (Outfit-only objectives)
Recurring activity (no 'dead-end' skilltree)
Resource-based (enough points to activate)

Replacing idea of Outfit skill-tree. This allows for constant side-objectives until outfit's speciality has prevailed using a points. These points are earned through methods relating to the Outfit's decided Speciality of choice. The points 'at full bottle' allow activation of Speciality, which dumps Empire's resources.

What types of Specialities would there be, then?
Special aircraft [1unit-limited] (Imperial Warship / Air Cruiser)
Special vehicles [time-limited] (BattleFrame Robots)
Special weapons [time-limited] (Crystalline 'Ancient tech'?)
Special deployables [useage-limited] (don't know)
Special augmentation [1unit-limited] (a Super Soldier - a Hero)

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)

Last edited by Tikuto; 2012-06-21 at 01:26 PM.
Old 2012-06-12, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
The ability to see which members online are certed for what vehicle (or medic stuff etc) as what way I wouldn't need to ask constantly "do we have any X?"
I'd like to see this idea expanded to have the ability to drag and drop players that are online into different squads and platoons.

Be able to give each squad and platoon its own name.

Assign each one different orders and set missions.

Design battle orders for each group of squads and platoons.

Integrate this with in game VOIP so that you can talk to any one person individually, or talk to the whole squad, platoon or outfit.

Then be able to track all of this via a dedicated interface with a map and VOIP options.

Want to browse through hundreds of PlanetSide 2 images?
Or just see what Higby eats for lunch?
Then click here
Old 2012-06-12, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

I don't know if this is the right thread, or if it has already been confirmed, but apart from what has already been suggested (which are very good points)... I really want the ability to draw "attack plans" etc. on the map to return. Plans that can only be seen by each squad, so to speak..
Old 2012-06-12, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Load-outs & Super-weapons

Originally Posted by Tikuto View Post
  • Outfit load-outs: An optional, additional and customizable Outfit load-outs so that a responsible player 'Tactician' can support or command his Outfit-squads, platoons and whole battalions. Similar to EVE 'Corporation Fittings'.
This - the ability to designate(recommend, not mandate) loadouts to outfit members both at squad and individual levels so that you can make sure everyone has the right equipment just by pushing a button to accept recommended loadouts. Equivalents need to be designated though due to the unlock system.
Old 2012-06-12, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dart
Second Lieutenant

The ability for an outfit leader to trigger a 'recall' (if such a function exists) for the entire outfit with the need for a terminal as in PS1
Old 2012-06-12, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dart
Second Lieutenant

The ability to click on characters in game via the outfit pane and see their certs. Very simple but saves asking.
Old 2012-06-12, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
WebCole
Private

Customise tags as well as outfit name.

Be able to create/upload your own Outfit insignias/logos/decals etc

Outfit moto you can display whereever you want on your main Outfit menu/whatever.

Rival and Allied Outfits, bonuses for fighting against/with them.

Outfit tactical map for planning and giving visual orders within your Outfit.

The ability to designate a frontline base or CP as your Outfit home, or Forward Operating Thingamy and get an Outfit wide exp drip feed for as long as your faction holds said base. Perhaps a long ass cooldown on designating a new one if the base is lost.
Old 2012-06-12, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Charge a 30$ fee to create an outfit.
Old 2012-06-12, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Saifoda
Sergeant Major

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but...

Once we get into Space, outfit's can purchase and customize large ships for huge resource dumps [also implies outfit resources] (carriers, frigates, patrol craft, cruisers, battleships, etc...):
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=42578

And an expanded mission system within the outfits (or just within the game in general, I think it would be better received by outfits though):
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=42560
Old 2012-06-12, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

One thing I want and every game I've ever played has utterly failed at is recruiter tracking. I want to know who is inviting the window lickers and/or mouth breathers or who recruited that five man team of RL friends that play 60 hours a week.

I also want to have as many ranks/titles as I want to create and an outfit merit system ingame.

Old 2012-06-12, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
robocpf1
First Sergeant

The biggest point that is also probably easiest to implement is a fully customizable rank system. Be able to name people's ranks, then set their permissions - allow invite, but don't allow kick, etc.

Then, what ring suggested - an "inactive" rank or roster that keeps the person in the outfit but doesn't include them in leaderboard action, for instance in PS1 the leaderboard stats were calculated by the stat itself (i.e., kills) divided by the number of outfit members. Well, that sort of sucked for the really large outfits because they'd be getting loads of kills but the inactive member count was so high, the ratio was off and not correct. Let us designate people as "inactive" so they can stay in the outfit but not be included in leaderboard calculations, or whatever the equivalent will be.

Designating an outfit home base would be swell, eventually perhaps a mothership or something but I realize that's wishful thinking for now.

Outfit divisions, please, with the possibility of going down different outfit cert trees per division. Members must be in a division, and they can only make use of one outfit cert tree, to keep it balanced.

Outfit-designed camo favorites, so the officers can design a camo or armor customization and give it to all of the members.
Old 2012-06-12, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Regarding ranks/titles within the guild.. why not just make it so we can make our own titles? :P If one outfit wants troll-titles in their outfit let them... nobody else is going to see them.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion