Gen killing and when not to do it - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "Is it just me or do the TR's chicks boobs look bigger in that pic?" -Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-09-04, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Gen killing and when not to do it

Just yesterday my platoon and I decided we were gonna go to the caves because we were fed up with the terran's maelstrom spam (It seems they only know how to use MCG's and maelstroms). So we were deciding between byblos and supai, and chose byblos because it would kill the terran cavelock on cery (where we were fighting for some god forsaken reason) and it would give the cave benefits to esamir, where we only had an equipment mod.

So the only way we could get in, was through Vidar on esamir, and what do you know? The terran's back hack us on an interlink to get an advantage on cery. So the NC being the slow responders they are, take too long to help out, and we're stuck at an interfarm for the next hour, until we finally take back the base. All that pissing around getting maelstrom spammed was NOT fun and absolutely nothing was gained, except the TR were now pressuring one of our bases on cery.

tl;dr
Interfarms suck
Terrans are gay
They suck on oshur cuz they dont have their MCGs
Old 2011-09-04, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Furret View Post
They suck on oshur cuz they dont have their MCGs

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the majority of TR gear is complete garbage

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-09-04, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
dachlatte
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
You're having fun farming? I cannot say I have ever enjoyed assaulting a enemy interlink. I will be more then happy to drop your gen to get back to enjoying my game.
i enjoy farming very much but most of the time i am inside the base defending. i rarely go with the zerg

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Old 2011-09-04, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Graywolves
General

TR suck on Oshur for not having MCG but always controls it....
Old 2011-09-04, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
TR suck on Oshur for not having MCG but always controls it....
Seeing as how most people dislike fighting there its not a shocker.
Old 2011-09-04, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
I'm sure this has nothing to do with the majority of TR gear is complete garbage
Only when compared to the MCG, which is the best weapon in the game as far as versatility is concerned.

Sure the gauss is better than the cycler as a general rule, but it's still a very effective gun close range.
Old 2011-09-04, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

I hate to say it but recently I'd rather fight the NC than VS. With their staggering overuse of MAXes and "straight to the generator/tower tubes" mentality in every single fight they're just nauseating to go up against. I don't understand where the fun is in sitting around watching little circles change color.
Old 2011-09-05, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by PrISM View Post
I hate to say it but recently I'd rather fight the NC than VS.
I resent that, what's wrong with the NC?
Old 2011-09-05, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

I resent that, what's wrong with the NC?
ScatMAX? Agile Jackhammers that won't fight you until they've thrown at least nine plasmas?
Old 2011-09-05, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Only when compared to the MCG, which is the best weapon in the game as far as versatility is concerned.

Sure the gauss is better than the cycler as a general rule, but it's still a very effective gun close range.
The MCG's only advantage is range and that range is easily outclassed by a the gauss/pulsar (especially after they buffed the pulsar) and the mcg is the HA weapon with the highest possibility of losing a 1v1 fight against pointblank MA, whether it be a sweeper/MA rifle. The sweeper vs. agile TTK is actually faster then the MCG vs agile TTK when medkits are taken into account. The MCG very simply is a jack of all trades weapon. The jackhammer is a much better as long as you aren't being dumb and attempting to fight at ranges where you should have a gauss rifle.

The cycler on the other hand has no real advantages besides a "fast" ttk, which is worthless when taken into account how ridiculous the COF can get and the armor absorption of a rexo that reduces damage to armor, while pulsars/gauss's are taking chunks of health out per shot.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-09-05, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

ScatMAX? Agile Jackhammers that won't fight you until they've thrown at least nine plasmas?
I can confess to that .
Old 2011-09-06, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Accuser
Sergeant Major

I hate to say it but recently I'd rather fight the NC than VS. With their staggering overuse of MAXes and "straight to the generator/tower tubes" mentality in every single fight they're just nauseating to go up against. I don't understand where the fun is in sitting around watching little circles change color.
VS use MAXes too much? Pick up a Lasher and try taking some people down with it next time you see one. Then imagine choosing between that and a MAX every time you spawn.
Old 2011-09-06, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Zulthus
Colonel

That isn't VS, that's AT
Old 2011-09-06, 06:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
VS use MAXes too much? Pick up a Lasher and try taking some people down with it next time you see one. Then imagine choosing between that and a MAX every time you spawn.
Funny you should say that because I do enjoy looting Lashers when I get the opportunity and I seem to just fine killing VS with their own hardware.

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
That isn't VS, that's AT
It's more than just AT. I realize AT won't let you in the outfit unless you have unimax, but there are far more VS that spam MAXes then just them.

Last edited by PrISM; 2011-09-06 at 06:16 AM.
Old 2011-09-06, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
That isn't VS, that's AT
Was on tr last night (Hi graywolves and tigersmith, saw you again!) and the vs went straight to the gen on almost every base.

the logic seems to be something along the lines of..

"Can't earn it? KILL GEN NAO!"

Its pretty pathetic and I can't respect the VS outfits that have been doing it. So if its AT, GotR or whoever... stop it, it makes you look terrible.

Last edited by p0intman; 2011-09-06 at 09:59 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion