Wow. This place really died, eh? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In Soviet Russia, quotes accept you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2014-11-30, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Wow. This place really died, eh?

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
lolllllll

PS4 having a bigger population? Yeah, sure, maybe for a year til PS5 or whatever comes out and PS2 either doesn't follow it or loses all of its players.
You are extremely ill informed - or confused.

You basically just sound insane.
Old 2014-11-30, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
ringring
Contributor
General

To be honest I think the official forums and reddit are becoming quieter too. The interesting discussions have happened several times over, this game as it is is pretty much set and there's little scope for the community to influence direction.

And at this point the threads that are created are 'I'm a newbie which gun should I buy to get a good k/d' or 'Maxes are waaaay underpowered' and so on.

Oh and there are the 'redeploymentside' threads but people are realising that the game now is pretty much where the devs want it to be so, blerggg.
Old 2014-11-30, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
You are extremely ill informed - or confused.

You basically just sound insane.
yes, the many tens of people that will play the game on the PS4 with absolutely shitty graphics at 720p and running at sub-30 fps in 'big' fights will save the PS franchise.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2014-12-01, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Actually its 1080 and it seems to be a flat 30.
Old 2014-12-01, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Belhade
Sergeant

I thought that the "platformers" would be geared more towards the BF/CoD style gaming than PlanetSide.
Old 2014-12-01, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Actually its 1080 and it seems to be a flat 30.
with nobody around.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2014-12-07, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

2 years into the game and all I see is wasted potential. I play for a couple/few hours a week. That's about all I can stomach.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-12-09, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
2 years into the game and all I see is wasted potential. I play for a couple/few hours a week. That's about all I can stomach.
Yeah it might not be where we would like it, but it is better then it was a year ago. I'm still plugging away as well and just introduced our SC org to PS2. We had our first event with about 36 people this past Saturday. I think for the most part people enjoyed it once they wrapped their heads around some of the basics. Hossin may not have been the best choice to start them off on They got a real taste of it when a continent lock surged the TR population on Hossin and they found ourselves in a couple 96+ vs.

Hopefully, some of you who haven't played in a long time, will give it another go to see if the changes are enough. I doubt it, but no harm in throwing it out there.

Old 2014-12-09, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
You made it 2 years more than me. I could see where PS2 was headed back on August 6 2012. I still hang around on the forums in hopes things may turn around but they won't. Problem with this game is it's business model. Stupid F2P. I have hopes that the general public will awake from it's stupor and put this bullshit behind us.
Old 2014-12-10, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

Your missing out on a good game then Calista its not perfect but what game is, but it is a lot of fun regaurdless of the slow development of new maps and and vehicals, continetal warfare, also warpgates that work. I may not play whole ton, but when I do I have a lot of fun.
Old 2014-12-11, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Figment
Lieutenant General

The problem Ghost Runner, is that a lot of players have much higher expectations. Has the game improved? Most definitely.

Is it "there yet"? Not really no.
Old 2014-12-11, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

I think more than that is people want Planetside 1 out of PLanetside 2 and they're just not the same game.
Old 2014-12-11, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
I think more than that is people want Planetside 1 out of PLanetside 2 and they're just not the same game.
Well, getting Planetside would be a step forward.
Old 2014-12-11, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
The problem Ghost Runner, is that a lot of players have much higher expectations. Has the game improved? Most definitely.

Is it "there yet"? Not really no.
Yeah I get the problem I agree, but it really is a great fps and for that it should be enjoyed so that the devs see the clear interest in continuing to develop it.
Old 2014-12-12, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Figment
Lieutenant General

But to players hope to have it developed in a very specific direction isn't why you would want to play a game you don't quite enjoy for years.

In fact, it kinda pains you to see the potential and not getting the obvious. When I played it with another PS1 vet, we would get constantly annoyed by the detail designs that were impacting in some way as a rather annoying side-effect that you either could or couldn't do, but were forced to camp or give up or not be able to use attrition as a weapon in fighting a group of people too large to kill all medics at once for instance (we could tackle such a group in PS1 by taking their supplies (destroying terms and AMS) and then removing the med juice from the medics over time). We would constantly rant "why didn't they do this this way? Oh wait that would be like some other game we once played, what was it called again?"

It is a constant source of minor aggravations to play the game and all taken together it just isn't fun anymore. And no, can't switch that off. Tried for half a year.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion