Having trouble picking a Empire, need help! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: take once a day, orally.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-10-14, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Meyvon
Private

my suggestion for you:

Don't pick an Empire solely because of the weapons. Pick one based on the Players who make up the Empire/Server Community. Weapons are a big part of the decision process, but in my opinion the Player Community is more important. You could have the best weapons in the game bar none, no doubts, and have an empire full of jerkboys which makes it really no fun to play.

I spent about a week playing EVERYWHERE, all empires all servers when I first bought PS, so I could decide which server/empire I was gonna play. I eventually decided on VS/Konried, I like the community, Konried has good competition(some of the best players around imo, on all 3 Empires), and my personal taste in weapons leans towards common pool(my standard load is a Bolt Driver and a Rocklet Gun)so the weapons don't bother me much.

overall, my suggestion is to determine what Empire you will have the most fun with, and has the most friendly folks that you can easily get along with.
Old 2003-10-14, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
DramaticFanatic
First Sergeant

Yeah, I am picking on the opinions of the server as well as the weapons. But the weapons are not really important because I plan on being a pure support role, Infiltrator with Adv. Hacking, Adv. Medical, Combat Engineer, Sniping, mosquito.

Sneaking, sniping and flying, all the things that I love.

Not sure about creating a grunt, but I might.
Old 2003-10-14, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Uh, Support roles are not exactly easy, in terms of exp. If you do support count on getting the main body of your experiance from Base hacks, which means you are going to take a while to gain levels. You'll still get exp from kills, especially if you always join a large squad. But you have to make sure that as support, your major exp comes from making sure the hack goes through on a base.

As for empires, try them all on different servers. If you want a challenge, play VS on Emerald. It's probably one of the biggest challenges in this game.
Old 2003-10-14, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
TheN00b
Colonel

tru
Old 2003-10-14, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Jagd
Major

Yeah man, I'd be cautious about going too heavy on the skills. Planetside is not very twink-friendly, you'll probably just wind up being very frustrated a lot of the time unless you get some decent infantry weapons to help you out.
Old 2003-10-14, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I would say if you want to be a grunt go TR, they have the best medium and heavy assualt IMO, if you want to drive and shoot go NC, if you like purple go VS.

~Tide

just my 2 scents
Old 2003-10-14, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
TheN00b
Colonel

WHAT R U SMOKING LIQUID? pardon my caulous abrasion and mild arrogance, but the JH is BY FAR the best HA wep out there. The mcg doesnt hold a candle to it. (even candles dont like getting tri-shot)
Old 2003-10-14, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I have never used the JH in the game yet... I'm more of a support character, but I said both medium and heavy, the cycler is the shizznit comapred to the gauss, and the MCG has much more range than the JH.

~Tide
Old 2003-10-14, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
TheN00b
Colonel

of course the cycler pwnz the gauss, but the JH is INSANELY better than the mcg. 240 dmage max on trip-fire? u better believe it. b00yah.
Old 2003-10-15, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Ok Ok, so last night I picked up the JH cert, and boy it DOES own close range, I walked into the spawn room with about 10 VS in there and let two trips fires go... took 2 before they even turned around. But then again.... I'll just have to fill up my locker with cyclers.

~Tide
Old 2003-10-15, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
TheN00b
Colonel

y?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion