Vanu Intel? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Come for the PS2 info but stay for the Russian mail-order bride ads.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-20, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Looks like the Vanu guy has a Punisher. That means mini-rockets, possibly the plasma grenade type of warhead (the devs said that there will be many kinds of warheads for Punisher secondary). Besides, he's probably only a distraction so the MAX will hold still for the Lancer-sniper off-screen.
Old 2003-03-20, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Camping Carl
Major

Originally posted by Fire_Monkey
1. Not really, otherwise there would be no point in specializing. If they were all equally powerful, everyone would run around with AA because it's most versatile. I'm under the impression that the AV will be as ineffective as the UT Rocket Launcher, took like 2/3 direct hits to kill. So the AA will be less effective.

2. He could have AP rounds.
1. I kinda said that, tho I didn't type it very well now that I read it. Sorry if it wasn't clear. I meant that the devs have stated max weapons work well even against the things they aren't specialized for, just not as well as their speciallity. Unless they've said otherwise on this, I'd still say the max suit has a firepower advantage.

2. Armor piercing bullets don't give a damage bonus. All they do is ensure that you do the normal amount of damage. But that doesn't even matter, because vanu only use one ammo type, energy.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-03-20, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Looks like the guy is drop=podding to me..
Old 2003-03-20, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Camping Carl

2. Armor piercing bullets don't give a damage bonus. All they do is ensure that you do the normal amount of damage. But that doesn't even matter, because vanu only use one ammo type, energy.
Yes, but the weapon is common pool, and Vanu can use common pool weapons, thus he can use the bullet aspect of the gun, and anyway, he could have scavenged some bullets if not.
Old 2003-03-20, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Camping Carl
Major

Yes, but the weapon is common pool, and Vanu can use common pool weapons, thus he can use the bullet aspect of the gun, and anyway, he could have scavenged some bullets if not.
Why does this matter?
Indeed, he could be using a common pool weapon. I assume it's a vanu weapon tho, it just looks that way to me. But it doesn't matter if he uses common pool or not. My point still stands, he doesn't get a damage bonus for using AP bullets, so that wouldn't improve his odds. (Rockets or grenades might help him a little, tho he still wouldn't win.)

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-03-20, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by simba
lol? Do you even consider that he didnt knew the MAX dude stood there? He might just had ran into him without knowing he was there? And I think its SO SO SO booring when they dont have HS, almost makes me dont wanna buy it coz that is one big thing that seperates the newbies from pros and almost eliminate the chances for an infantry to win against a max in close combat, with HS:S that would be possible.

qwll if they did add hs's then MAXs whould be crap. They move so slow and shit they're heads are huge even a noob would be able to unload into a MAX's face

Old 2003-03-20, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Mauser101
Sergeant

MAXs are slow? Have you seen the psbreak videoyet? That TR AI MAX was moving pretty darn fast.

http://www.sturmgrenadier.com
Old 2003-03-20, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Ouroboros
Contributor
Major

MAXs have to build up to that speed over a period of time. Plus their turning is shot to hell, and they can not fire their weapon while in the running mode.
Old 2003-03-20, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Camping Carl
Armor piercing bullets don't give a damage bonus. All they do is ensure that you do the normal amount of damage. But that doesn't even matter, because vanu only use one ammo type, energy.
What are you talking about? We have better than armor-piercing bullets. We have armor-piercing mode. We don't have to unload and reload to switch to armor piercing. We merely flip a switch, and we're ready to rock. One of the many reasons I picked the Vanu was because of this versatility.

Edit: Oh yeah, Spnsr, NO HEADSHOTS. No body locations at all. Do start a thread on this subject, the horse has been killed, beaten, shredded, and distributed evenly across the globe.

Last edited by NeoTassadar; 2003-03-20 at 07:25 PM.
Old 2003-03-20, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Camping Carl
Major

What are you talking about? We have better than armor-piercing bullets. We have armor-piercing mode. We don't have to unload and reload to switch to armor piercing. We merely flip a switch, and we're ready to rock. One of the many reasons I picked the Vanu was because of this versatility.
As I understand it only the beamer has AP mode, and that's a pistol. If you want to use that against a tank, be my guest. Otherwise you only have one mode to worry about, but do a little less damage overall to make it fair.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-03-20, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Pretty sure it is implemented in other weapons, but if I'm against anything bigger than Standard armor, i'm using a Lancer. But that's just me.
Old 2003-03-20, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Fire_Monkey
Dio you went Purple!!?? No!!!!
Dio went purple since he first read about each empire.(like over 5 months ago)

I recently went VS/NC since i joined BOHICA. TR as well but i plan to spend very little time in BOHICA TR.
Old 2003-03-21, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
WNxUndeadFenix
Master Sergeant

Nuff said
Old 2003-03-21, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by WNxUndeadFenix

Nuff said
He's clearly not insane enough to post such a crappy picture.

Oh, and AP bullets are the thing to use against a MAX.
Old 2003-03-21, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
WNxUndeadFenix
Master Sergeant

2 min pic with ms paint hehe
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion