New 'CTF' System - Why exactly is it a bad thing? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where 1+1=7331
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-22, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Swad
Private

First of all, there are those who will bitch regardless. That's their lot in life and ignoring these individuals is for the good.

Second, I think the ideas thrown out with this letter sound pretty smooth. I think they will only add to the already kickin' experience PS has provided for me thus far. The idea of the LLU seems like a good one and I'm really interested in seeing it played out.
Old 2003-07-22, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

It's possible that this LLU item is large enough that only someone in reinforced armor could carry it. This would eleminate most anyone flying or stealthing it out.
Old 2003-07-22, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

In any event, the LLU concept is fascinating, and I'll certainly wait to see how it plays out.
Old 2003-07-22, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

I have to see how it will work...

Now dont get me wrong, I think that the current system is horrid, no one likes standing around in a base for a half hour doing nothing....

However, I jsut see it as being impossible to get out for the 1st 10 sec, then once you get it out of the base, your home free. You can get lost in this map very easily, even if they put a tracer on the LLU. I just see people hoping into gals (with skyguards) and running to the other base. The only thing that could catch up to them are reavers/skeeters and so long as you have 2-3 around the area, you should be able to fight off the others with little to no problem (since you can outrun the land forces of the enm, you only have their air units shooting at you, lots of skyguards will be key to a good LLU escape run.
However since air will be the only real thing to catch them, people will ditch most tanks, sunders, buggies, etc and go for skyguards and reavers.

Also, IMO this will destroy all defence people will put up, insted they will have a few people at the base for the initial defence, then they will all run the the clossit enm base to try and head off the guys with the LLU.

This will jsut cause much pain and suffering for us all I fear, as it will just be races with little chance of ever recovering the LLU once it has gone from the base, might as well leave the base and move twards one of theirs, if you bother defending at all.

Just my thoughts anyway, and I do hope that im wrong....
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-07-22, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Also, note that they said "In the month of August, we will be finishing up the long-awaited Facility Link Benefits across the world."

They never said when the CTF stuff was going to be in game. Now it it just me, or does that tell you it will be a few months off, I mean look at the lodestar, it was suposed to be in game a month ago, and now it seems to have vanished w/o any hint of where it is going or if it will be in game.
So, my guess is that we will see the rest of the base stuff in game in aug (wasnt that suposed to be in game in beta?) and then perhaps the ctf stuff in sept.
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."

Last edited by MrVulcan; 2003-07-22 at 01:43 PM.
Old 2003-07-22, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Maybe add another vehicle that is made to carry the "falg". It cant go over 45 or lower, somethign slow. Dont maek it so you can just go in grab it and run.

I love the idea.It helps spread out teh battle.

Another idea i've heard of and have expanded on is to have bunker-type buildings in between each base that an Empire msut own in order to cap a linked base. These buildings wouldn't be very big and would only be one level. Maybe even have the panel out in the open, outdoors.

The original idea was to allow Engineers to set up "lattice distruptors" between bases that must be destroyed in order to cap a linked base.

Old 2003-07-22, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

I think that the bunkers need this:

1. A 12mm Mounted Chaingun in the bunkers that can be used as a turrit
2. In the bunkers that go underground, put a purchase term at the bottom center so there is a reason to take the bunker
Old 2003-07-22, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Hamma
PSU Admin

I think we are all overreacting at this point, I am witholding any judgement or discussion until we see the details.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-07-22, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Bismarck
I think CTF in the middle of a war would be so kick-ass.

Here we go AGAIN about the "soe sucks, i want more info"

Maybe they want secrets???

HL2 ring a bell!!
You recieve more of my cynacism then anyon should without an antidote kit and a flak vest. Comparing HL2 to PS is apples to oranges. One is a game I've paid for, am paying for, and has been proceeding in one manner, the other is a game that hasnt even been given a solid release date yet. I'm reserving my judgement but the lack of data is driving me up the wall, now that I'm paying for the game I tend to feel I should have a better clue of major changes their making to a service I pay for. It's roughly equivalent of my phone company mentioning "oh by the way were making some changes to your phone line" and then a week later knocking me from DSL to dialup.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-07-22, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Kaltagesta
Banned

it said on sporks newest post that the 'flag' carrier cannot drive or fly any vehicles, and can only passenger or gun ground vehicles. this means that there should be bridge battles again. as someone said in the other thread, this gives VS a big advantage with thresher and mag as they can go over water...

[i dont think you have to be so worried about thresh actually...]
Old 2003-07-22, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Call-The-Gestap
it said on sporks newest post that the 'flag' carrier cannot drive or fly any vehicles, and can only passenger or gun ground vehicles. this means that there should be bridge battles again. as someone said in the other thread, this gives VS a big advantage with thresher and mag as they can go over water...

[i dont think you have to be so worried about thresh actually...]
I thought about the VS too, but they seem to be placing all kinds of arbitrary restrictions as to where it can and can't go, so I'm sure it wouldn't be able to go in the Thresher or Magrider, or at least over water, which would create massive balance bitches.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-07-22, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

it most likely with give off some "radiant effect" that makes the overcrafts sink. Now deliverers, thats a differetn story.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion