Empire behaviour - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Danger, This really hurts!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-05, 07:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

hamma isnt obsessed with home cont (especially ish)
Old 2004-01-05, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Lilbird2431
TR CR5's (excluding my outfit's, myself and hamma and some others) are obsessed with home continents and searhus.
Yeah pretty sure he said EXCLUDING Hamma et al.
Old 2004-01-05, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
RagingSpeedhorn
Corporal

Werner TR : Organised and mainly infantry and Reaver / Mozzie

Emerald TR : As above, but use Gals a lot more. Especially as public transport to the next base.
Old 2004-01-05, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea, I really like it when one of the CR5's come on command chat and start blaming everyone for getting us double teamed by both empires. I also wish I understood the infatuation with Searhus, going to a neutral continent simply makes the other empires go to our home continents.. lets attack the enemy not neutral ground.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-01-05, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Riyu
Private

I absofuckinglutely hate Searhus... Especially when damn VS MAXes sit on the Matagi cliff and start pelting plasma rain everywhere.

I hate Searhus so much ARGH!!!
Old 2004-01-05, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Red October
Second Lieutenant

I played VS for the first time and I noticed the differences are definately thier. I started playing with tactics I usually use for TR...that ended in a hurry. Quickly learned that trying to take something down with lots of firepower and ammo was not the way to play a VS. Instead a lot more stick and move tactics. Although I did catch NC and TR both off-gaurd on occasion when I came barreling straight at them. Racked up a few kills that way (soon as I shot them, they seemed ready to manuever or they manuvered to get a better vantage point in anticipation of my next move...they never thought I would charge them head on).

Because of TR's spam firing, TR does a lot more charging. Here's a tactic for VS...grow some balls! Getting nailed by TR on a base, re-spawned in the spawn room, ran for the equipment terminal....only to find that the facility was hacked and no equipment available. Pulled out the suppressor and waited for the inevitable...which wasn't too long. The very next second TR comes running in with MCG's. VS guys are running all around the room with their stick and no where to move tactics. I say...were screwed and charge the door with TR coming in....I make it through with a few scratches and head down a hall to the very right (TR coming in straight ahead). I turn around and see three TR guys with MCG's shooting everything they got into the spawn room...completely oblivous to the fact that thier was a VS trooper with a supressor on thier flank. I start shooting and mow down four TR's (three with MCG) before someone realizes "hey...were getting shot from the side" and take me down. Don't stay in a spawn room when the enemy has spam weapons. Otherwise, your just fish in a barrel.

Another example, VS is on the offensive against NC (thank god, I felt like I was committing treason for every TR I shot and killed...also felt like I deserved every death from them). With VS manuverabilty and quickness...we quickly take them out until one base is left on Esamir (I think), one road to the base with water on the left and a high ridge on the right. NC is throwing out Tanks as fast as they can...you would think we would charge the base and nail the vehicle terminal fast....nope. Instead every VS takes to the ridge and shoots down at the road...which is great at holding the road...but not taking a base. The VS advantage of speed and agility is nuetralized as we get bogged down to a slugfest war (and I got tired of attacking the base by myself...yes thats right a lone VS trooper makes it to the base wall...only to get shot by a gazillion NC as they are waiting for the VS to make a move...that never came). Well it isn't long before NC decides thier bored and swing around from behind...and we now have a two front war. The road of death and sporadic battles over the countryside. This goes on for a couple of hours when I decide....!@#$ it, I'm outta here. VS...Grow some balls. TR....learn to regroup.
Old 2004-01-05, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Professor Frink
Staff Sergeant

Tactics are somewhat different from empire to empire but we ALL zerg so don't try to pin it on one & not the other. I've been on the recieving end of many NC as well at TR zergs. On the other hand I was involved in a huge attack on Ish some months ago with my old NC character and the whole mass of us stayed just over a hill spamming with Phoenix/Vangard fire. If the VS never rush in how would we ever take a base? Sounds like you were taking part in an unorganized offensive. It all depends on whos running things on that particular night & how the populations are that night. Each empire has strong & weak CR5's. It's just a matter of whos logged on.
Old 2004-01-05, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I've played on NC and TR on emerald, and I noticed that TR CR5s do a lot less globaling than NC CR5s. The TR do blow generators more than the VS do it seems like. Also, the VS NEVER give up on a continent as long as they have a tower. They will try to infantry zerg from a tower for hours until they are pushed off the cont.

Also, Emerald VS, try launching attacks that aren't just piggybacks on TR offencives, because that is all you ever do. Combined with your "fight to the last hopeless tower" idium, it's fucking imposible to push the TR back off of our continents.

The Emerald NC also seem to concentrate on defence more the the TR and VS do. I think this comes from practice when we resecure those towers on hossin, we don't get stuck in a 6-hour stailmate at bitol and voltan, or compleatly overrun.
Old 2004-01-05, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

lol im one of those people who likes to do pointless but fun stuff like knife fighting and ant derbies
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion