Idea for post BR 20 CR 5 d00ds especially/all - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Baths are for normal people, are you normal?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-07, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kikinchikin

Idea for post BR 20 CR 5 d00ds especially/all

Alright, before you read further, take a few moments and clear your mind. Rid yourself of all hate and prejudice.

Ok. I like the idea of customizing your armor. And I've heard people complain the sanctuary doesn't feel like home. Well how about this? Houses!!!!! Before you start yelling OMFG ITS AN FPS NOT AN RPG GO PLAY EVERQUEST ******!!!!11@ONE, hear me out.

At BR 1 you start out with a house, nothing in it or anything. You can buy furniture at a store/shop. Now here's the part I think will make people happy. You accumulate points by repairing, reviving or healing. People have always been wanting some sort of xp for support jobs, well this would help a little. You could buy cool looking furniture etc.

Now the cool part would be when you reach BR 20 CR 5, you have the option of trading in your furniture/cosmetic crap for a command center of some sort. This would be another idea people have been wanting. Your squad/platoon can enter it and an interface opens allowing you different options. You could assign each squadmember a personal objective, which appears when they toggle it, give each member a sub rank like Air capt or head grunt or 1337 n00bz0rsz!!! w/e u want, or name your squad like operation tree humper or something. Here's my favorite idea. You can open a program thats like MS paint. You have a blank screen at first, but u can select a continent, and the backdrop becomes that terrain. You select which portion and how big you want it to be, and then you have your area you'll be attacking. (you can choose anywhere from a few steps to the whoel cont) Now you can select different units from the tool area, and place them on the map. Like you could say, "I want you all to follow this formation," and then draw a line of prowlers with mauraders on the outside. It would raelly give the commander many new options and make squad ops a little more cooler.

Anywho thats my idea. It satisfies many complaints at once, and gives people some new toys they've been craving.
Old 2004-01-07, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Seer
Major

I think this is far too elaborate for what it actually does.
Old 2004-01-07, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
EarlyDawn
Major General

I'd rather see an outfit C&C system built into their Outfit Base. Speaking of which, bases need a war room.
Old 2004-01-07, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
xmodum
Colonel

Originally Posted by LNS0388
I'd rather see an outfit C&C system built into their Outfit Base. Speaking of which, bases need a war room.
yes , instead of houses for each player , how about outfit houses , not actual houses but command centers for the outfit to meet up and set up plans, u get more items to use to ur advantage against other outfits by ur outfit points, like maybe .....well i have no clue becuz its almost 10:00 where i am so im tired, ill edit in a idea tommarow
Old 2004-01-07, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Cryptica
First Sergeant

I think it would be neat to have a place (and people who cared enough to do it) where you could sit and use what he said about with the MS paint thingy, and draw out battle plans. This game would kick so much more butt if it was like a true military campaign, not just a go out wild and crazy and shoot until you die!
Old 2004-01-07, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zompton
Corporal

Hopefully are capitols will have this type of "war room" you speak of. Im sure the capitols on home conts will almost always have people gathering and such like a mini-sanc but urban style. Those are my hopes for capitols, mainly that they are like a small urban style base, and a war room would be nice.
PC in the Works; Pentium4 2.8ghz 800mhz FSB, Albatron PX865PE Pro2 motherboard (OC king), 1536mb(1-1/2ghz) Corsair TWINX XMS3200 DDR400mhz Dual Channel RAM, Radeon 9600pro 128mb 8xAGP graphics card, Duel 80ghz 7200rpm 8mb harddrives, Windows XP Professional, 19" Sony GS420 monitor with 1600x1200@85hz resolution, 5.1 surroundsound system, and more...
Old 2004-01-07, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
KIAsan
First Sergeant

I like the idea of a "war room" or "briefing room". The old Air Warrior (a very old precursor to this type of game) had this type of area. You "entered" the briefing room, where you could pull up copies of your mission (written by the squad/platoon leader), look over a current situational map and battle plans. It was also an area to get together with your squad mates to talk about the upcoming operation. That would be really cool here. Yes we have it already, usually my outfit meets at one of the airtowers/observation lounge in sancturary. But it would be nicer to have a single "briefing" room where we could do the same. It would be even nicer, if this room BELONGED to our outfit. That would rock.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-01-08, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I like the idea and I think that a outfit should also get a command center like that for the whole outfit and it didn't matter if you were a BR 20 CR 5 you just that the leader of the outfit had to trade in their house for it and only the top maybe 3 ranks (including leader) could command from it.
Old 2004-01-08, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
EVILoHOMER
Major

i wud prefer to see bases that outfits when hav 100,000 points can make their own base! but they can be destroid so u hav to fix em! to stick stuff in em like vehical bays costs 20k etc! be much more fun changin battles alot! Give outfits more reason to be there! Plus i think they shud scrap the empires and say the empires broke off into seperate groups cus they cudnt decide in their own major one! so ur outfits fight for power! and tk'in becomes a non grief system unless their in ur outfit!
Old 2004-01-08, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Seer
Old 2004-01-08, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Whatever happend to that cool Photoshop of a Gen room some guy made that had a windo for NTU and power maintenance? Those were some of the best ideas I have ever seen in Planetside. I know the fix for NTU draining made things like that less critical but it would still rock to have a Command room in every base that only CR3-5 could enter and perhaps only CR5s could operate the war table and tweak base settings.

For example It would be cool if commanders could tweak out base defenses and of course use a war table to create some plans that would display on any individual's map that is part of the cont offensive/defense
Old 2004-01-08, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Seer
Indeed...also, there are a lot of people that play planetside...thats a LOT of houses for a sanc...

I do like the idea though...
Old 2004-01-08, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kikinchikin

well it wouldnt show each house, it'd be like in FFXI. You go to a lil hall and it takes you to your house.
Old 2004-01-08, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Jagd
Major

I remember reading press about planetside from years and years ago (well before beta) and it said that soldiers would have their own apartments and stuff. Apparently, they nixed it when they realized it was more of a thing that RPG gamers would be into, and added nothing to the actual gamplay.
Old 2004-01-08, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Spee
Colonel

CR5's should be able to tweak NTU usage. Example.

Base is getting low on NTU's, CR5 accesses control panel. He is able to direct what the NTU is used for - Putting more emphasis on repairing a single item than others. Ex, putting 100 of the facilities repair NTU's towards a single turret, therefore bringing it back up and smacking down some tanks. Once the NTU flow's "objective" has been completed, it resumes its regular "field" repair functionality.

To make it so a zerg doesnt come by, and we have 15 CR5's sitting around the main base term, make it an OBO feature, so that the CR5's in that outfit can operate it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion