Specific questions. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does your mom know you are looking at this site?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-12, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Question Specific questions.

Ask me specific questions about either NC or VS and ill do my best to answer them. Ill check back here tomorrow morning (wait...it is tomorrow morning...damn it) when i wake up and give you all a nice big post on your questions.

Give me specifics, not "Do vanu weapons own?". Any vague questions will be ignored. completely.

Last edited by Hellsfire123; 2003-04-12 at 06:55 PM.
Old 2003-04-12, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

I dont know whats been up the last 2 days but the vanu have been frikin feirce, maybee the people are just getting used to the weapons but today every time i turned around there was a beam weapon there hittin me in the face. Thats not to say i didnt still own ,cause i did ,but i think there comin into there own.
Old 2003-04-12, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

How high and how far can the VS MAX jump? And does the comet (AV MAX) have homing as a secondary fire mode?
Old 2003-04-12, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MiniOrca
Staff Sergeant

how does a scatterman usually perform against a dual cycler (both full health) you know even fiht and what is usually the outcome?
Old 2003-04-12, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by MiniOrca
how does a scatterman usually perform against a dual cycler (both full health) you know even fiht and what is usually the outcome?
What's a scatterman? Do you mean the big shotgun thing stuck to the NC anti-infantry MAX?
Old 2003-04-12, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Zatrais
How high and how far can the VS MAX jump? And does the comet (AV MAX) have homing as a secondary fire mode?
I'll answer this. The VS MAX can jump pretty high, easily clearing walls and being really annoying by jumping onto the roofs of a part of the base. They also have a habit of jumping up to upper levels of towers while the two entrances at the bottom are being heavily guarded.

The Comet does home in, yes. It's actually pretty neat, as it fires plasma bolts which burn up aircraft and vehicles that it impacts. I'm fairly sure the AV MAX fires the same sort of projectile.
Old 2003-04-12, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Warborn
I'll answer this. The VS MAX can jump pretty high, easily clearing walls and being really annoying by jumping onto the roofs of a part of the base. They also have a habit of jumping up to upper levels of towers while the two entrances at the bottom are being heavily guarded.

The Comet does home in, yes. It's actually pretty neat, as it fires plasma bolts which burn up aircraft and vehicles that it impacts. I'm fairly sure the AV MAX fires the same sort of projectile.
The comet is the AV...
Think you've mixed up AA (starfire) and AV (comet) names, else you're saying that the AV fires the same sort of projectile as the AV hehe
Old 2003-04-12, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Hellsfire your thread is being taken over.
Old 2003-04-12, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Zatrais
The comet is the AV...
Think you've mixed up AA (starfire) and AV (comet) names, else you're saying that the AV fires the same sort of projectile as the AV hehe
Woah, yeah, you're right. My mistake. General anesthetic has a way of screwing you up. Anyway, no, the AV MAX doesn't have homing projectiles. No Empire has homing AV projectiles. You can fire a pretty impressive barrage of dumb-fire rounds off though, which is pretty good.
Old 2003-04-12, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Venom
Sergeant

Originally posted by Warborn
Woah, yeah, you're right. My mistake. General anesthetic has a way of screwing you up. Anyway, no, the AV MAX doesn't have homing projectiles. No Empire has homing AV projectiles. You can fire a pretty impressive barrage of dumb-fire rounds off though, which is pretty good.
I thought the Striker (Terran AV) had a secondary homing fire.

PSU Weapons Page: The Striker serves as the Terran Republic's primary anti-vehicular weapon. In standard firing mode, it launches a dumb fire missile straight towards its target. In secondary firing mode, the Striker will attempt to lock-on to an armored target (heavy assault suit, vehicle, or turret) as long as the reticule is kept on target for a short duration.
Did they change it or is it just those general anesthetics making your brain all screwy again?
Old 2003-04-12, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Okay, good.

The vanu max doesnt just go pretty high. It sky rockets. You can get to the roof of a watch tower (5 stories) with boost to spare. Its actually amazingly useful in forests, you can get into the trees.

The scattercannon was great the last time i used it. I ran through 5 infantry in a group and killed them all without reloading. It has 3 modes, you cycle through them witha right click. The first is the normal "ima rape u good" close range, the second is a slower small burst with a 2x zoom, and the third is like the 2nd just tighter and with a 4x zoom.

The AA vanu max is great against air. The shots home in, but there are only 4. 4 should kill a misquito, and damage a reaver into retreat. I believe it is 6 shots to kill a reaver. How ever, it takes 6 direct hits to kill standard armor infantry and 9 to kill reinforced. Bear that in mind.
Old 2003-04-12, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
MiniOrca
Staff Sergeant

yes, the scatterman is the NC AI MAX, wanted to know how it performed againsts a TR AI MAX. On the beta boards and such i heard the TR was stronger
Old 2003-04-12, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
�io
Lieutenant General

The TR MAX is indeed VERY dangerous. TR is a very powerful empire, i myself would say overpowered but that's just me.
Old 2003-04-12, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

I've heard from about 4 people on the station forums and the psu forums together that gauss sucks horribly in close quarters combat. They also said that chaingun is overpowered, and can rip a gausser to bits in about 5-6 seconds close to medium range.

And Vash on the psu forums said that a chaingunner reinforced is almost as powerful as a tr ai max. I'm guessing he was exagerating (sp)?

Yeah, I plan on being a gausser/bolter and plan basically to just take down bases/outposts. I'm not saying all my combat will be indoors, because i'm sure atleast 60% of the time i'm going to be outdoors due to traveling.

So yeah, do you guys think that gauss is a terrible weapon for indoor combat?
Old 2003-04-12, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
�io
Lieutenant General

Haven't used the gauss much so i'll abstain from commenting.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion