Proposal: Sniper Rifle Alternate Fire Mode - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wait, we're suppose to wear clothes underneath the MAX suit..?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-12, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Head shots will probally never be added. Its been said hundreds of times that adding damage locations increases lag. The last thing we want is an increase in lag just so snipers can get one hit kills.
Old 2003-06-16, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Cirkusphreak
Contributor
Corporal

Maybe another possible change to the BD would be a different second mode of fire. If anyone remembers back to Team Fortress, the sniper rifle there was fairly decent. I know the damage will never be 1-shot wonders in PS, thats fine, but what about a second mode that is fully auto? It could have the same damage around the pistols, just a higher RoF. Primary mode is the high damage single shot, while second mode had extended magazine capabilities. Just a thought.
Old 2003-06-16, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

^Team Fortress Rules^
Good Idea, like the sniper rifle in T2 (I know it's just an M16, but it's cool) I think the alternate fire could be a thermal/nightvision scope, instead of the usual one, so you can snipe infiltrators
Old 2003-06-16, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Spider
General

Dont say the bolt driver is underpowered :O: in beta I took out a reaver with it
Old 2003-06-16, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by Pytagoras
The Bolt Driver should be left alone.. The last thing we need is PS turning into a sniper party.

Old 2003-06-16, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Spider
Dont say the bolt driver is underpowered :O: in beta I took out a reaver with it
5 tiems now ive been killed in my skeeter from a very good sniper (3 times lifting off, 2 of those were thanks to the new auto system ) the other 2 were me just flying around, now that is a good shot if you can take the piolit out like that.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-06-16, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
vawlk
Corporal

Originally posted by Hellsfire123
Head shots will probally never be added. Its been said hundreds of times that adding damage locations increases lag. The last thing we want is an increase in lag just so snipers can get one hit kills.
I was thinking this about headshots...

Don't increase the damage, but make it so the person you shot can't tell where you fired from..make the red ring/direction indicator a full circle.

I would wait longer for a headshot so that I don't give away my position. They still can see the bullet though if they are looking towards you.

Puts more stealth, accuracy, and skill in to the sniper role.
Old 2003-06-17, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
JakeLogan
Major

But why waste your time with that when you can just do it the old fashion way?
Old 2003-06-17, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Any advice on targeting tips would be appreciated tho.
Predict their movement and position your crosshairs there. If they're running toward you, they'll tend to zig and zag, back and forth. Don't bother trying to follow them with the cursor, just find the middle of their zig-zag pattern, put your crosshairs there, and wait for them to zig right into the shot. If they're travelling across country, the first hit is the easiest, but after that you, again, need to predict their movement. Figure out where they're going (most usually just bee-line right to their destination) and put your crosshairs there. Wait for them to move into it. The sniper rifle takes a lot more skill to use in PS than it does with other games, but because of that, I find it a lot more fun.
Old 2003-06-17, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
vawlk
Corporal

Originally posted by JakeLogan
But why waste your time with that when you can just do it the old fashion way?
One call to a squad "sniper on the west hill" screws my good spot pretty quick. If I can make it so the target can't pinpoint me, im going to try it.

The longer I stay undetected, the more information I can pass my squad and the more people I can take out or distract.
Old 2003-06-18, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Thorgilt
Private

About half my characters are snipers, and they can take down any infantry target in 2 shots.
So we really don't need multi-shot clips or cannon like ability.
What I would LIKE to see is an armor piercing round so we can have a chance to take down a max in under 15 - 20 rounds.
How about 5 rounds of armor piercing round to fold a max?
Tha way, we would have to switch between ammo for infantry or armor.
Old 2003-06-18, 05:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Sniper rifles are absolutely perfect. MAXs are large, slow, easy-to-hit targets. Snipers should in no way get something to make them more effective against MAXs; you might as well remove MAX armor from the game if snipers get AP bullets.

So no headshots, no AP bullets, no automatic rifle mode, no anything. The weapon is perfect.
Old 2003-06-18, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion