NC now suck, thanks SOE - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the most rejected quotes...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-10, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Slice
Sergeant

I dont mind the phoenix as much as I hate the lancer. Striker takes like 6, so does phoenix. Lancer against infantry? 2 hits. Thats bullshit if you ask me, even with the charge-up time. Oh well

Old 2003-08-10, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Eliaas_Demens
First Sergeant

I've used the Lancer, and I've sniped troops with it. But first, two hits only kills an Agile. Takes three shots to kill a reinforced. Second, the only time I've been able to hit troops are when they're not moving, or coming straight at me. The only time you should ever NOT be moving is repairing/healing/hacking/sniping/etc, in which case you should have taken cover. If you're running straight at me, not only are you giving me an easy kill, but showing me where your AMS is. If a Lancer kills you as infantry, chances are you're doing something wrong.
Old 2003-08-10, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by Eliaas_Demens
Translation: I suck at PlanetSide.
Man, are you a troll at heart?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-08-10, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Everay
Major General

BTW, while were on the subject of AV weapons, how many hits with a striker to kill a max?
Old 2003-08-10, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Trebor95
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Everay
BTW, while were on the subject of AV weapons, how many hits with a striker to kill a max?
4 strikers from full health. 3 if its already damaged or less surprisingly I prefer my decimators, the satisfaction of picking maxs off from long range is unrivaled, my success rate with decimators over 20metres however is like 10%
Old 2003-08-10, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Nikodemus
Private

Or well, 3 takes away all the armor, leaving only the health left. So if you empty a clip on a max, you can switch to your assault rifle and finish him off quick.

Still slower than a secondary fire deci =)
Old 2003-08-10, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Ghost06
First Sergeant

The only things that need to be fixed on NC is the Phoenix, and the the AV MAX suit. For the Phoenix, a dumbfire mode is needed, and then either a two shot clip, or a shortening of the reload time by like 1/2, or 1/3. The AV suit just needs to be able to kill a frikkin' vehicle. Taking away the damage degradation, or upping the damage, or both, would work.

The Jackhammer is just fine. I'll compare it with the Lasher for right now. At < to 10 meters I nearly guarantee I will win against any competant Lashing gay pride paradee. Between 20 and 25 meters, I'll say it's nearly an even fight. At >25 meters, the Lasher user now has the advantage.

The Gauss is just fine. The medium assualt class as a whole is probably the best balanced weapons class in the game. Pulsar is best run and gun/long range, cycler works best inclose, holds its on medium, and Gauss works best over medium. The Gauss might be at a slight disadvatage, but it is very slight.

Oh, just to say it, the NC Sparrow is ridiculously overpowered, but I'll never complain... I get to use it

This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for killing, this is for fun.

Last edited by Ghost06; 2003-08-10 at 08:38 PM.
Old 2003-08-11, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I fail to see how NC suck.

If you think the Lasher is a problem, ask me and the 6 other NC soldiers lobbing plasma from thumpers on top of the wall.

Thumpers + Base wall > any infantry.

And take combat engineering for magriders
Old 2003-08-11, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Aegis
Staff Sergeant

All you screaming 'no they dont' and 'noob' should have listened, i said on Werner, didnt comment about elsewhere. I notied something strange last night, the VS had the highest pop bu about 3% yet they were still gettting a HP bonus.

Yet ealr yesterday evening we seemed to be outnumbered wherever we went, despite our numbers being way over the pop limit (hart exploiters) something like 2-1, which is understandable on one cont, but not on all our home continents by both Vs and TR, with their better weapons.

Ok, i give you that the JH owns the MCG up close, but outdoors it should never get that close to an MCG. Lasher owns JH at close range, Nearly as good as the MCG at medium and destroys light vehicles for fun.

Decimator Vs Pounder? Yeah, like you ever get a chance to get more than one shot of against a pounder.

This is not just me bleating, a lot of other NC there were complaining about it, to the degree that later we got a Zerg of 40 Vanguards and other support vehicles and attacked Cyssor, which was empty, nobody there, we took it all then moved to Hossin and Solsar and barely held half of them. I cant figure out what is going on...
Old 2003-08-11, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Decimator Vs Pounder? Yeah, like you ever get a chance to get more than one shot of against a pounder.
Well, he's gotta reload. Then you do a kamikaze run.

Surge past him up the stairs. If you have a JH, kill his support engineer buddies. The Pounder can either:

A. Unspike and try to kill you, probably getting grief in the process. Also, all NC down the stairwell will take advantage of the absence of grenades being lobbed and turn the corner firing.

or:

B. Hope his engineer friends holding BANK's can pull out an MCG/Cycler in time to wax you while he holds off everyone else.

All MAX'es can't turn for crap. Surge lets you get the best of them. One of the better exceptions is the VS maxes that can jump. Its hard to hit them when they're in the air cuz of lag etc. Not too hard, but certainly harder than hitting a max on the ground.

And if you have a problem with the Lasher, play on the test server and know there is going to be some sort of change coming.

As for Vanguard/Prowler, I would think tank shells would be flying with much greater speed and a little less arc. Its kinda like a giant potato gun lobbing spuds sometimes . But they hold their own if you got a good gunner(ok the Vanguard does)
Old 2003-08-11, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
BigTexas
Corporal

Angry ugh

I couldnt get any kills surging some lasher punk with my jackhammer either, so you know what I did? I GOT A ROCKLET RIFLE AND QUIT BITCHING!

Now THATS a cute first post
Old 2003-08-11, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ghost06
First Sergeant

I still don't understand how you guys fear the Lasher so much. I fight 1 - 2 of them regularly, and most of'em are dead bodies riddled with burning hot shot gun slugs. Lasher is most effective when avoiding the slow as hell blue disco balls is not a option, like in a hallway for example. I overcome this by surging through them. In a tower, I surge up or down, come around, blast 2, move on. When outside, it's like playing dodge ball against a 2 year old.

This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for killing, this is for fun.
Old 2003-08-11, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Cease
First Sergeant

All you screaming 'no they dont' and 'noob' should have listened, i said on Werner, didnt comment about elsewhere.

Umm, did you even read the title of your own thread? Here, I'll repeat it:

"NC now suck, thanks SOE."

And let me refresh you on the very first sentence you put in your post:

"Dont think its just werner, but NC are getting raped daily, owning nothing, the other empires have been buffed to the point where NC are useless against em. We dont have one decisive weapon."

No decisive weapon? Are Jackhammers not available for the NC on Werner? Everything about your post implies empire specific issues, not server.
Old 2003-08-11, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

The NC won Emerald yesterday.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-08-11, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Eliaas_Demens
First Sergeant

Man, are you a troll at heart?
Aww, Hamma. You know I'm a spammer, not a troll. :P Actually I felt that such a negative, non-constructive rant of a post deserved a just as negative, non-constructive response.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion