The Big HA Arguement! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donate or be banned. Just Kidding. Maybe.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-21, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If you prefer MCG over Jackhammer, you prefer delayed victory over victory.

Don't be a joke. MCG requires a time investment to win. JH requires but a single click of the mouse. Surely you're not idiot enough to ignore the difference.

Or are you?

Oh my.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-21, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Surge is fine, HA is fine. I also find it funny that people still say there's no challenge to using HA. Sounds like somebody got owned. If you don't like HA, then SA has some sweet-ass weapons, just as effective at killing. But honestly, why do people get so upset about these weapons? If it's fun for you, use it, otherwise don't. HA = fun for me, and that's why I stick to it. This is a game, and being entertained is all I care about.

Oh and speaking of n00bish weapons, try the liberator! Bombing the zerg is absolute carnage. Just last night, I got over 60 kills in one run over a hotly-contested base. Sweet Jesus that thing is scary powerful!
Old 2004-01-21, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Surge is not fine. Try running up a little hill or tower stairs, you start warping all over and u hit the ceiling, i don't call that surge being fine.

Old 2004-01-21, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Jagd
Major

First of all, Liberators are probably the least "n00b friendly" of every weapon and/or vehicle in the game. Granted, they pack a lot of punch, but they require both a very good pilot and at least a literate bombardier to be even vaguely useful. The reason the weapons on all vehicles are so much more powerful than handheld weapons is because they require tactics, preplanning and generally more than one person to unleash their potential.

What I don't get, is how some of you guys think you are the cat's ass for not using Heavy Assault, and yet continue griping as if the Jackhammer's continued existence is a blight on humanity. If you are so good that you use Medium Assault over Heavy why do you need Heavy removed? If you think HA needs to go then clearly MA isn't cutting the mustard for you, and you may be pointing the wrong end of your sweeper at the enemy. Just flip that bad boy around, and if you're still getting owned enough to rant about eliminating HA, then pick up the fricking cert yourself.

Seriously. Stop boasting about how good you are, because if you were that good, HA wouldn't bother you. Personally I think I'm about 50 / 50 when I take a sweeper up against a jackhammer, and if I'm outdoors I get more cycler kills than I care to count. The rest of the time I'm airborne and/or getting owned by AA MAXes that cost half of what I paid for my Reaver, and yet I am not campaigning to increase AA MAXes to 4 certs or anything ludicrous like that. No, I try not to blame my equipment for user error.
Old 2004-01-21, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
I Hate Pants
General

Originally Posted by BadAsh
The real n00bs use MAX units. IMHO the MAX is the single biggest skill substitute built into this game... next would be aircraft (who can't kill with the Reaver?)... and then Tanks. Somewhere after those, well after those, is HA. With a HA cert you are vulnerable to every threat in the game and actually have to fight your opponent. Other methods of killing (MAX, Aircraft, Tanks) offer the benefit of virtual immunity to many opponents (what good is your cycler now?) while allowing far easier kills...

Basically if you want to go on a killing spree and kill 5-15 opponents in a zerg cert in a Tank or Reaver... if you want to kill 1-3 opponents before dying in a zerg cert in HA.

People whining about HA are the Tank/Reaver/MAX pilots that got caught out of their vehicle. They are used to easy kills and now have to *gasp* fight for a kill. Now of course if they actually had any skills they could fight back... but...

P.S. Sorry for the hostile post, but I'm sick of people whining about HA. Ha is not the problem, it's your inability to overcome one of the smaller obsticles in the game that is the problem.
OH LOL! How wrong you are. Tell me if you see reaver, tank, or max in my certs. Thank you.

http://myplanetside.station.sony.com...816&worldId=15

NO? Hmmmmmm. Well I guess your theory just went down the shitter.

Anyways people who say HA are difficult to use are just denying it. Their afraid the devs will beat it with the nerf stick if they admit its overpowered. Why the fuck do you think most people are armed with HA weapons? Because they look good? NO! Because its easy to rack up kills with them.

Oh Jagd! Maybe im only BR14 is because im not a HA weapon whore like yourself.

I hit 150 in a day once, but god dammit if I ever play for 5 hours straight again somebody pull the plug for me.
Also I devote alot of my time playing PS like you do apparently.
kthankbye

Last edited by I Hate Pants; 2004-01-21 at 12:21 PM.
Old 2004-01-21, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
OH LOL! How wrong you are. Tell me if you see reaver, tank, or max in my certs. Thank you.

http://myplanetside.station.sony.com...816&worldId=15

NO? Hmmmmmm. Well I guess your theory just went down the shitter.

Anyways people who say HA are difficult to use are just denying it. Their afraid the devs will beat it with the nerf stick if they admit its overpowered. Why the fuck do you think most people are armed with HA weapons? Because they look good? NO! Because its easy to rack up kills with them.
Well,

You have a cool cert layout, but you are a support guy and basically a non-combatant. You don't have HA, you don't have a MAX suit, you don't have any fighting vehicles, you only have MA and SA and Hacking really... so it's no suprise to me that you have a problem with HA since you have no counter certification.

My guess is that you get owned by MAX units, Aircraft, Tanks, and HA all day long. Personally if I were you I'd pick up a few more combat certs and then revert back to a more support role, if that's what you want, once you hit BR20. Otherwise you are going to stay BR14 with less than 800 kills for a long time.

Planetside is a game of Rock Paper Scissors... you have to match the right certs, right gear, at the right time for success. With your build you need to stick to hacking and driving the LLU carrier and perhaps loading down with Decis to take out MAX units or harrass vehicles from tower and base walls. If you are doing anything else you are going to be outgunned. Your build would also make a great module runner if you have CC and a good ANT runner too.

So to refer to my closing statement in my last post...."P.S. Sorry for the hostile post, but I'm sick of people whining about HA. Ha is not the problem, it's your inability to overcome one of the smaller obsticles in the game that is the problem."
Old 2004-01-21, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Jagd
When your main is BR14, you shouldn't be tossing words like "n00b" around. Thanks.
When your main is br19 with 2000 kills, you shouldnt be fucking talking. Dont be an ass just because he has less kills then you.

Now, on with the show...

Originally Posted by BadAsh
The real n00bs use MAX units. IMHO the MAX is the single biggest skill substitute built into this game... next would be aircraft (who can't kill with the Reaver?)... and then Tanks. Somewhere after those, well after those, is HA. With a HA cert you are vulnerable to every threat in the game and actually have to fight your opponent. Other methods of killing (MAX, Aircraft, Tanks) offer the benefit of virtual immunity to many opponents (what good is your cycler now?) while allowing far easier kills...
A newb in a MAX, reaver, or tank has the same or less killing power then a newb in rexo with two MCGs, or JHs, or whatever. I see reavers every day that kill nothing, and just fly around crashing into shit, I see the same in tanks, MAXs, and HA newbs. But out of all that, the HA weapons are definatly the most easy to use. Tanks need gunner, reavers need piloting skill, and MAXs need (not alot) but more tactics to win.

If we are talking about someone who can play the game decently, then it really depends on if they are any good at the certain cert they are using. I see plenty of decent players in MAX suits who get no kills, same with reaver and tank. But if you put someone who knows how to run forward and shoot, then HA will work wonders for them just because it has so much more spam potential then anything else.

Basically if you want to go on a killing spree and kill 5-15 opponents in a zerg cert in a Tank or Reaver... if you want to kill 1-3 opponents before dying in a zerg cert in HA.
Comparing vehicles and HA is a bit silly, but Ill continue with this. If you give a newb a reaver, and you give another newb a JH. The jackhammer will get more kills every time.

I often get more kills per death then the best JHers, because I fly the reaver pretty well, and it is just a completly different thing. It all depends on player skill, but if joe newb has equally low JH skill to his low reaver skill, then the JH will get more kills from shear ease of use. Same with the MCG or lasher.

People whining about HA are the Tank/Reaver/MAX pilots that got caught out of their vehicle. They are used to easy kills and now have to *gasp* fight for a kill. Now of course if they actually had any skills they could fight back... but...

P.S. Sorry for the hostile post, but I'm sick of people whining about HA. Ha is not the problem, it's your inability to overcome one of the smaller obsticles in the game that is the problem.
Ahahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahahaomg, roflmao, ahahaha, lols.

I am a pilot, I think HA is overpowered as a whole, and nearly skilless to use. I dont really whine about it, sence I rarely get killed by some newb spamming it all over. But I still think it is overpowered, and should be nerfed or removed.

If you actually believe what you posted, you are a loser.

Newb.

PS: If you still think I am some whining pilot newb, I would like to fucking see you fight me, 1vs1, me with my sweeper.
Old 2004-01-21, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Spee
Colonel

What pisses me off, is when Me, in Rexo, goes 1vs1 against an agile with a gauss. I shoot my thumper, direct hit, he starts burning, I lag because of the pretty green thing, and start strafing in place(to him) thus, he gets an easy kill.

However, I do have the comfort in watching him flail around like an idiot before he dies. And, I still get the XP.
Old 2004-01-21, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
flypengy
Master Sergeant

::beats dead horse::

Hasn't HA been argued about since beta? What a waste of time to continue to complain and 'balance'...
Old 2004-01-21, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I love the sweeper so much now.

You know the surgile HA user you just killed on the other end with it is screaming, "WTF OMG I HAVE HA AND SURGE WTF HOW DID HE KILL ME OMFG OMFG OMFG /petition HOW DOES A SWEEPER KILLZOR ME OMG OMG" and pounding on the keyboard.

So HA does serve a purpose. You get to be embarassed by people with more skill who use "lesser" weapons.
Old 2004-01-21, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Fenrys
Major

Take all HA weapons out of the game.

My 2 nanites.
Old 2004-01-21, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Vick
PS: If you still think I am some whining pilot newb, I would like to fucking see you fight me, 1vs1, me with my sweeper.
Let's switch this up a little to humor my original statements...

Your Sweeper vs. my HA = HA probably a win but no guarantee
Your Sweeper vs. my Reaver = Reaver...
Your Sweeper vs. my Tank = Tank...
Your Sweeper vs. my AI MAX = AI MAX... see where this is going?

The thing that separates Planet Side from pure "death match" style FPS games is the tactical element. In PS the recipe for victory is having the right certifications, the right gear, and being in the right place.

The moral of the story (and my point) is that if you want to go into bases and own CQB then you better cert and gear up for the mission... Rexo/HA/SA/AI MAX or something along those lines would serve you well... trying to get by with MA won't cut it.

Likewise if you want to own outside you better get some aircraft or armored vehicle certifications. Running around on foot won't cut it.

Here is where my "less skill" comparison comes in.... With HA there are no "free kills" where you find you are facing an opponent who CAN'T fight back. With vehicles this happens all the time. How many times have you been in a Reaver or armored ground vehicle and happened across enemy infantry or snipers? See what I mean now? With almost 0 skill and 0 effort you rack up a "free kill" against an opponent who can do little more than plink at you before dying.

Now HA on the other hand... everyone you kill is a viable threat. No? Then why your sweeper challenge... surely you believe you have a chance?
Old 2004-01-22, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Gunslanger
Sergeant

The real n00bs use MAX units. IMHO the MAX is the single biggest skill substitute built into this game
not true. you must have never played a MAX. you make it sound like MAXes are just gods in-game. you should hear yourself, you sound stupid as hell.

next would be aircraft (who can't kill with the Reaver?
again, you make yourself sound stupid.

and then Tanks. Somewhere after those, well after those, is HA. With a HA cert you are vulnerable to every threat in the game and actually have to fight your opponent.
after the tank part, i agree. you DO have to fight for your kills using HA. at least against me you do. if you are just some newbie, your not gonna even kill me with a JH too easily unless you catch me from behind. HA pwns infantry, no doubt. that is what it is supposed to do.

Planetside is a game of Rock Paper Scissors
you nailed it right on the head. different situations call for different measures. that is why you are supposed to use teamwork in game.
Old 2004-01-22, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Gunslanger
not true. you must have never played a MAX. you make it sound like MAXes are just gods in-game. you should hear yourself, you sound stupid as hell.

again, you make yourself sound stupid.
The very first time I ever used a MAX was during a Zerg. I suited up in my NC Scatter MAX and got 9 kills before a volley of decimators took me out. I just walked into a pile of enemy troops in a tower battle and started blasting everyone. Let's see.... suit up, find enemy, point and shoot... yeah that takes a special talent only a few select few could master... LOL

My very first flight with a reaver in battle I got 5 kills because I busted 4 infantry walking in the open and killed an ANT on my way to catch up with my squad. So again, fly around, see easy target, point near target, and let fly a volley of spam reaver rockets, count your BEP... again, I don't think the word "skill" comes to mind...

The most "skill kills" I ever got was with a Flail. I parked it on a hill right next to a 3-level tower. I was playing as TR and the VS owned the tower. They were pretty much Zerging from that tower. From my position I could fire into any of the 3 doors on my side of the tower. Everytime a door would open I just fired into the doorway and got 1-6 kills. By the time they finally killed me I racked up 73 kills... Skill? Hardly. Lame? A much more accurate description of the Flail.

Hence I don't understand the whining about HA...

FIN
Old 2004-01-22, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sputty
Banned

IMO, making HA weapons take up 2 slots would fix it totally. They may be still really good in certain situations, but the disadvantage makes it so not too many people will use it, and the people who do know what they're doing.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion