wtf went wrong? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your quote is denied.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-07-15, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrVicchio
CS you have an objective, Bomb one of two bomb sites. Period. So your team tends to go for the bomb site. In PS it was often a case of "Man, lets go to continent X and take those bases" and there was really very little direction.

Imagine if oyu will, every weekend, say at 3pm CST you could enter you clan into into a competition, three rounds against another team. The "home team" would hold a single base and the "vistitors" would have to take it. .
Well, I happen to think the freedom and lack of simplistic objectives was one of PlanetSide's strengths - far better and more satisfying than "bomb or defuse the bomb."

Also your "three rounds, home team, visitor" idea would be, in fact, the last thing a game like PlanetSide would need. What it needed to do was differentiate itself more from existing FPS game structure, not become more like them with "rounds against another team" clan matches - any ol' free-to-play FPS can deliver that experience.
Old 2005-07-16, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
juggalokilla
Sergeant

Originally Posted by AcidCat
Well, I happen to think the freedom and lack of simplistic objectives was one of PlanetSide's strengths - far better and more satisfying than "bomb or defuse the bomb."

Also your "three rounds, home team, visitor" idea would be, in fact, the last thing a game like PlanetSide would need. What it needed to do was differentiate itself more from existing FPS game structure, not become more like them with "rounds against another team" clan matches - any ol' free-to-play FPS can deliver that experience.
I agree with this man whole-heartedly. a large majority of planetside players play it because its not like any other first person shooter. If they want CS, they play cs, planetside is fps in the sense of having a gun and shooting the guy in front of you, thats all it has to directly connect it. everthing else is in its own land.

I play BF2, and love it. I played CS and didnt like it. I dont like changing maps every 5 minutes. I like being able to say "this base/tower" is mine, come take it. I play to level up and earn medals, bf2 has this and I have plenty there. But noone wants PS to be like the other games, especially due to the sub price. I better get much more that a CS/BF2 clone before I am willing to pay for it.

You guys that quit didnt like the way the game played. There are others that are made to cater to that playstyle. PS will never change its core mechanics and veteran players and many newcomers alike will like what PS has to offer. I will be here long into the future of this game as well as so many of my friends that I made here.

Maybe PS2 will have more options that appeal to your type, if so, I'll see you on the feild then. If you do grow to miss your buddies that you made here, then come back, your always welcome.
Old 2005-07-18, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
internetn
Sergeant Major

Well, to bad my buddies dont play anymore

*sniffles* them damn biffers killed dem all

http://www.lastknights.com/index.php?action=register&ref_id=5639

Old 2005-07-26, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Neoseeker
Private

i love this game, still do, they should add on a gun or two each month, i mean com'on soe
eq and eq2 are just lame, ps in my view is a better game. and ps has a plot i would love for them to advance as well
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion