Infiltration sounds cool ta me - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: One Long Island iced tea away from heaven.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-14, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
FliggenMan
Sergeant

Thumbs up Infiltration sounds cool ta me

This ma be just me, but i think stting traps and slicing your enemies throat is cool as hell. Also ,infiltrators are the best scouts for inside bases that are unreachable by other recon.
Old 2003-04-14, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
The President
First Sergeant

Yeah infiltration is a cool concept, just hope that no one in the base has darklight cuz they have crap for armor.

-The President

Sniper/Multi-purpose Pilot/Shotgun Fascist
-Frente de Libertia-
Old 2003-04-14, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
kid klash
Corporal

the only thing that excites ME about infiltrators is the fact that u can catch em, follow em, wait until they're JUST about to knife some1, or hack a console or someting, and then bust a cap on their ass!
Old 2003-04-14, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

lol true.
Old 2003-04-14, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

definatly making one of my characters an infiltrator.... btw, they can handel the enginering certs too right?
Old 2003-04-14, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

What I love about Infiltration

The most fun thing to do with an infiltrator is to kill other infiltrators.

The second most fun thing to do is to punish snipers who go too long without displacing.

The third most fun thing to do is sit in a crowded base and report movements to your team.

The fourth most fun thing to do is to get a cloaked wraith and run down stragglers in an infantry movement.

The fifth most fun thing to do is to hide outdoors and plink pistol shots off of a MAX's back to annoy and confuse him.

The sixth most fun thing to do is to get into a crowded enemy tower and make them grief each other trying to kill you.

The seventh most fun thing to do is to hack an enemy vehicle pad, set up an AMS in the walls and watch friendly troops start pouring in.

The eighth most fun thing is to jack a vehicle while an enemy gunner is using it as a turret, which kicks them out, then get in their seat and kill them with the gun.

The ninth most fun thing is to jack an AMS while the enemy is using it.

The tenth most fun thing to do with an infiltrator is to join a group of infiltrators and go on a ninja killing spree.

The cheesiest thing do with an infiltrator is to hack a base, then hack a terminal, then spawn a MAX to defend your hack.The cheesiest thing you can
Old 2003-04-14, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Originally posted by Deadlock
definatly making one of my characters an infiltrator.... btw, they can handel the enginering certs too right?
Yes, but you should take advanced hacking too, because you run out of ACEs pretty quick.
Old 2003-04-14, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

The fifth most fun thing to do is to hide outdoors and plink pistol shots off of a MAX's back to annoy and confuse him.
that just bitch slapped my funny bone for some reason

oyeah, thanks for the advice on the adv. hackin, didnt think about that.
Old 2003-04-14, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Vash
Staff Sergeant

I experienced a cloaked guy running around dropping boomers in a base we were defending a couple days ago.

It was pretty spooky... every so often I'd just hear a <beep beep> <BOOM!> followed by someone's death message.
It took forever to find the little ***** too. Though I took great satisfaction in putting my shotgun to his head when I finally did

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-14, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by Vash
I experienced a cloaked guy running around dropping boomers in a base we were defending a couple days ago.

It was pretty spooky... every so often I'd just hear a <beep beep> <BOOM!> followed by someone's death message.
It took forever to find the little ***** too. Though I took great satisfaction in putting my shotgun to his head when I finally did
Nice to hear that you can base rape in this game like you could in T2. I loved doing that. A couple of skilled cloaked players could make the enemies base the most dangerous place on the map. It remeber how funny it was to watch somebody as they where trying to run out of the base before you killed them from the shadows.
It seems like to me that this game has alot of the good elements of other FPS but very few of the bad ones.
/em crosses his fingers and hopes he wins one of the many beta contests he entered.
Old 2003-04-14, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

em crosses his fingers and hopes he wins one of the many beta contests he entered.
Amen to that... i even wrote essays to win the shit, u know im desperate
Old 2003-04-14, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

Cloaker sub-divisions:

"Ninja" style: go in with a pistol of preference, a lot of ammo, and your knife. use the pistol if nessisary, but the noise alerts the enemy to your presence. use your knife to slice and dice your way through any enemy who messes with you, except a MAX, in which case it is a good idea to run.

"Mad-Bombardier" style: Boomeriffic! fun for the whole family, assuming they enjoy big explosions too. run around with as many grenades and boomers as you can, setting traps and destroying vital equipment. when you run out of ordinance, hack some from a console!

"Scout" style: waltz on in, knife an enemy every so often, report on troop movements, etc.

"Stealth-heavy" style: get in, hack a quip terminal, and put on your uber-l337 medium armor with a phoenix rocket launcher, guass, mag scatter, and medical gear. now fight your way out, assassinating anyone and everyone who doesnt see you coming, and gunning down anyone who does.
Old 2003-04-14, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
MilitantB0B
Colonel

I had an idea the other day regarding infiltration armor. If you where gonna be a purely dedicated pilot why wouldn't you want to use infiltration armor? Armor for a pilot is like the french army (do I really need to follow through with this joke? ) that is unless you get shot down. It seems to me that it would be more usefull to disapear into your sourounding (infiltration) then to be able to fight your way out a bit. If you tick them off enough to have them shoot you down then they are probably gonna track you down and kill you and your agile armor would not make enough difference in that fight. But, if they couldn't find you to kill you then it wouldn't matter. The only time this wouldn't work is if one of them had darklight vision. This is probably just a stupid idea from a non-betaenlightened individual, but, hey, thats what I am here for.
Old 2003-04-14, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
PeregineDive
Staff Sergeant

Thats a good point BOB. Would be really coold if after they managed to shoot you down somehow, you could still run around and cause havok with an infiltration suit!

-PD
Old 2003-04-14, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Infiltration units are key to winning.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion