[VS - Waterson] MadCast Gaming Community - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WILSON! COME BACK!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty

Old 2012-11-26, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Jobotoo
Private

[VS - Waterson] MadCast Gaming Community

MadCast [MCG]
We're looking for new members to join us in our Planetside 2 Outfit as well new members to join our Full Member ranks. Please submit any questions by posting in this thread or via PM here on the PS2 forums. There's a lot of information both in this thread and linked to our site.

Primary Timezone: US East
Faction: Vanu Sovereignty - VS
Server: Waterson
Quick Summary: MadCast is a gaming community that spans multiple games and aims to provide a great experience to both members and guests who stop by.

About MadCast
Back in 2007, MadCast was founded on two basic principles. It would be a gaming community that would be bigger than just one game and it would be a community that doesn't live or die based off a single leader or a handful of admins at the top. We get into games based on the interests of our community and our hard working admins are picked by our members. Since 2007, we have been involved in Battlefield 2142, Call of Duty 4, Team Fortress 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Left 4 Dead, Brink, Call of Duty: Black Ops, World of Warcraft, Battlefield 3, League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Minecraft, Dota 2 and more. We have experience in running successful servers, competitive teams and MMO guilds. Among many other games that our members play our currently top played games include League of Legends, GuildWars 2, and Planetside 2. With admins hosting events in those games as well as others, there's always something to do and someone to play with. We run a very successful LoL tournament with 11 teams, and we are looking to go bigger and better in the future. Right now we are focusing on Planetside 2 with four scheduled squad nights a week, as well as impromptu events, and taking great strides in recruitment.

What sets us apart from other gaming clans/guilds/communities is that we have a very strong focus on our website and TeamSpeak. When you have a community with gamers who play various types of games, there's going to be others you won't see playing the same game as you. Our site is what brings everyone together and if you're not active on our forums and on the site in general you're missing out on a lot. For starters it's a great place to meet everyone and more importantly you stay in the know of what's going on. We're currently upgrading and adding new features.

Helpful Links
Throughout this post I'm going to be linking various threads on our forums with info. Here's most of them all put together for quick access:

· Teamspeak 3 Info
· MadCast Code of Conduct
· Full Membership Terms
· Forum Guidelines
· Applying for Full Membership
· Admin Requirements

MadCast in Planetside 2
Our plan is to grow the outfit and hold regular events. Every Tuesday we hold Squad Training for new players in the outfit. Squad Training is for people to get used to playing together with the outfit as well as for developing team skills. Currently it's set to every Tuesday at 9pm EST. Chances are we'll be doing Squad Training every Saturday afternoon to make it easier on people's schedules. Currently we usually have a full platoon on a nightly basis and will soon be running two platoons to organize the amount of members playing on a regular basis.

Every month we plan on having an organized operation where we have a plan and everyone has their defined roles. As the outfit grows these may become more frequent, but for now it will just be once a month. Outside of our operations, we run squads on a nightly basis and do a variety of things from tanks to air to spec ops. A lot of times it's spur of the moment, but it's always about having a good time and trying to succeed in whatever we do.

How to join the Outfit
Contact any admin on the site or in TeamSpeak for an outfit invite. Your best bet is to go to our site, post an introduction thread and your info. We'll shoot you an invite whenever we can. Your best bet for joining any event is just to hop on TeamSpeak and hop in one of our squads.

Joining MadCast
Being a Full Member isn't required for being part of our Planetside 2 Outfit, but it does have a lot of benefits. It's there for people who want to have a community to be a part of. Full Members get priority access to events, first dibs in giveaways and plenty of other perks and opportunities both within games and community wide. Joining MadCast is a one month long process and you have to do the following:

· In your Introduction thread, state somewhere that you would like to become a Full Member. Your 30 day Candidacy period starts immediately after you make your post.
· During your 30 days you will be assigned a mentor, who you should get in touch with (your mentor will also try to contact you). Your mentor will give you a rundown on how everything in the community works out and helps you along your way to Full Membership.
· After your 30 days are up, the Senior Full Members vote on your admission. Criteria the SFM's look for are mostly character and personality based. Is the candidate active? Do they contribute to the community? Are they nice to hang around with?
· If you get in, your welcome thread is posted and once you've replied accepting the terms of Full Membership you're now a member in MadCast.

Closing
Thanks for taking your time to go through this thread. I know it's a lot to cover, and if you want you're more than welcome to hop on TeamSpeak and join us in some games and get a feel for the community. Guests are always welcome to join us both in regular games as well as events.

Last edited by Jobotoo; 2013-01-09 at 11:47 AM.
Old 2012-11-27, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jobotoo
Private

Re: [VS - Waterson] MadCast Gaming Community

We just took ALL of Indar. Come join us tonight, and every night, for some fun!
Old 2012-12-03, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Jobotoo
Private

We tend to have at least a squad running 24/7. So if you need a PS2 fix, come join us.
Old 2012-12-11, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
LaggMaster
Private

If anyone is looking for a Vanu outfit on waterson come check us out.

www.madcastgaming.com
Old 2012-12-17, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Jobotoo
Private

We've been adding many to our ranks lately and having a blast taking over continents. Come join for some fun on Waterson!
Old 2012-12-18, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jobotoo
Private

We tore it up tonight, along with may other Vanu Outfits, for some real fun! Come join us tomorrow!
Old 2012-12-19, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jobotoo
Private

Having a ton of fun on all three continents. Come join in the fun!
Old 2012-12-30, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Jobotoo
Private

Happy New Year all! Its been a blast with the Double XP, but once I think starting next week everything will be ramping up!
Old 2012-12-31, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
FireWater
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Hey don't be afraid to check out the http://www.vanu-sovereignty.com/ page for the alliance we have on Waterson.

Also welcome to the server
Old 2012-12-31, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

these are some good guys, only just getting to know them but they're a fun bunch to roll with. Some definite Vanu elite for sure.

respect.

kp
Old 2013-01-05, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Jobotoo
Private

Thanks guys, and now that the Holidays are, almost, over we are starting to ramp things up with at least 4 weekly scheduled events.

We have checked out the site, FireWater, and working with everyone in the Vanu. This has helped tremendously in organizing several platoons at the same time.
Old 2013-01-06, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Jobotoo
Private

Great OPs tonight. We'll have more on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays officially, and every other day unofficially.
Old 2013-01-09, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jobotoo
Private

We had one of the most fun Squad Nights last night, and things are getting even better. Come join us! All are welcome!
Old 2013-01-09, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

Get ready for some Friday Night Ops. If you want in on the action, you know where to find us.
Old 2013-01-13, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jobotoo
Private

Come join us for our regularly scheduled Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday night OPS. Or on any day really.
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty