Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-02-07, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Another Good Move from the President.

It's about time the U.S. formalized a Cyber Warfare program. When countrys like China claim to have active Cyber Warfare programs directed at harming U.S. interests I am happy to see that the administration is seeking to use these same tatics to thwart our enimises.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if N. Korea tried to nuke someone and our Hacker Army redirected the missle right back on them!

One day Bush will be remembered as one of our greatest Presidents.

WASHINGTON � President Bush has signed a secret order allowing the government to develop guidelines under which the United States could launch cyber-attacks against foreign computer systems, administration officials said Friday.

The United States has never conducted a large-scale cyber-attack, but officials said last month that the unfolding cyber-stategy plan made it more clear than ever that the Defense Department can wage cyber warfare if the nation is attacked.

The action illustrates Bush's desire to pursue new forms of potential warfare. The Washington Post, which first reported the signing of a presidential directive, said the Pentagon has stepped up development of cyber-weapons -- envisioning a day when soldiers could sit at computer terminals and silently invade foreign networks to shut down radar, disable electrical facilities and disrupt phone service.

The government so far has lacked rules for deciding the circumstances under which such attacks could be launched, who would authorize the attacks and what targets would be legitimate.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77900,00.html
Old 2003-02-07, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

Bush is scary
Old 2003-02-07, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

No.

The rest of the World is Scary.

Bush is like John Wayne. He's not gonna take shit from anyone. If you have no faith in what our president is trying to do I suggest you read up about the events between WWI and WWII and see if you see any similaritys between then and now.

Germany was told to dissarm after WW1, but a weak leaguge of nations did not enforce the Dissarmorment, and allowed Germany to build the most powerful army on earth. The result of their inactivity plunged the entire world into conflict.

Iraq was told by the U.N. to dissarm, but a weak U.N. has never enforced the dissarorment and has allowed Iraq to rebuild it's army, and even more powerful weapond then it possed in 1991. The result of continued inactivity will be no less catastrophic for the world then it was 60 years ago when the Nazi's plundered half the world.

Don't think it's easy for him to plunge America into War, but not doing so will cost us far more in the future. Bush is a great man of Termendous Courage.
Old 2003-02-07, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

because if its on fox, you can believe it. /sarcasm

heheh, but that is definatly a good call

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-07, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

Im canadian I live in canada, we dont like bush, we think hes scary

But seriously I dont want to argue so Im walkin away
Old 2003-02-07, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

It's your French heritage that makes you a libral pussy. We don't balme you. It's in your blood.

Least Canada is more willing to take action then France so you got that going for you. Keep thining the gene pool and someday we might respect your country.
Old 2003-02-07, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sputty
Banned

"we" don't think he's scary. You think he's scary but most Canadians don't like Bush so you're right about that. And I don't have french blood in me. I'm assuming Dio does though. So far, the majority of Canadians are from the British Isles anyway

Last edited by Sputty; 2003-02-07 at 03:23 PM.
Old 2003-02-07, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

French canadians suck
Old 2003-02-07, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sputty
Banned

Well, they suck if they want to leave Canada. Otheerwise I don't mind them. Although, they do seem French like historically...Never willing to fight in the wars.
Old 2003-02-07, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Unregistered
It's your French heritage that makes you a libral pussy. We don't balme you. It's in your blood.
You seem to forget that it was France that financed our revolutionary war.

If it wasn't for france, you'd be busy eating tea and crumpets, and using words like Cheerio.

BTW, Bush won't be remebered as one of America's great presidents.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-07, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hamma
PSU Admin

This discussion will end here if we start this political bullshit AGAIN

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-07, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

Not to mention france has the 2nd largest navy in the world and in a couple more years they will have the biggest

What bothers me about french canadians, our government baby's them and all they want to do is sepperate, and refuse to become part of canadas english speaking culture ,I was actually born in montreal all ,to a stricktly english speaking family, and its amaizing how bad they treat english canadians
Old 2003-02-07, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

oops,im done sorry hamma, i was posting while you posted
dont ban me
Old 2003-02-07, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sputty
Banned

Yeah, a teacher of mine lived in Quebec and was english and he said he was treated awfully.
Old 2003-02-07, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Originally posted by Lexington_Steele
You seem to forget that it was France that financed our revolutionary war.

If it wasn't for france, you'd be busy eating tea and crumpets, and using words like Cheerio.

BTW, Bush won't be remebered as one of America's great presidents.
1) I am aware of that, but sometime in the last 220 years France got Neutered. Hell nepolian almost conqured the world for the French so there's your proof the had teeth. The simple fact remains that they haven't done shit but cry for the last 75 years and fankly I'm tired of it.

2) That's what they said about Regan when he was president, but it's not what people say about him now is it?
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge