Health and Stamina - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I like your socks, might I fondle them?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-29, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Health and Stamina

Another thread on the OF about Stamina drain and recovery got me thinking about it more. I came up with several ideas that I wanted to post to see what you guys think.

Since taking damage causes stamina drain would it not be logical and cool if health recovery also restored some stamina at the same rate/ratio that getting wounded removes it? So your med pack would heal you and restore some stamina. Also, the medic applicator and healing module benefits would restore stamina at this same health/stamina ratio.

Also what about a �secondary fire� mode to the medical applicator that would only restore stamina? And perhaps allow an advanced medic use this mode to jump start implants to help negate the effects of a jammer grenade, EMP blast, or a fresh respawn? This would surely add a nice value to that advanced certification. It will still not be Combat Engineering or Advanced Hacking in value, but might get a few more people to pick up that certification.

I think most players will agree that running out of stamina or that standing completely still waiting for it to recover is a lame experience. I think the above ideas would help with this without being overpowering during a fight. This would just reduce your recovery time so you can get back into the action.
Old 2004-07-29, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I agree that it'd be cool if the medical applicator could give adrenaline which would boost stamina and reduce drain for a while. As for restarting implants I think that would mean that anyone with a medical applicator is immune from the effects of implant initialisation.

I guess the reason why medpacks don't cause you to regain stamina is because stamina regains over time whilst health does not.
Old 2004-07-29, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Toneball

Sounds pretty logical, the only negatives I can think of is an adv med cloaker using sensor shield almost endlessly. Not really an exploitable problem, but takes away from the skill required to manage stamina to navigate minefields / infiltrate towers or backdoors. Also, imagine a wall of people using personal shield guarding a back door with a wall of ADV MEDS behind them keeping their stamina, and for that matter, their personal shield active. Could get kinda hairy.

Old 2004-07-29, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Toneball
Sounds pretty logical, the only negatives I can think of is an adv med cloaker using sensor shield almost endlessly. Not really an exploitable problem, but takes away from the skill required to manage stamina to navigate minefields / infiltrate towers or backdoors. Also, imagine a wall of people using personal shield guarding a back door with a wall of ADV MEDS behind them keeping their stamina, and for that matter, their personal shield active. Could get kinda hairy.
Could, but a few MAX units or plasma thumpers would ruin that party pretty quickly... and Maelstrom users would get a hard on just thinking about it...

The main thing I like my about the idea is the added value to adv med. Currently the cert is only useful in certain circumstances... like a downed gen camping crew or a cut off tower cc crew... and even then you can easily get overrun while you are trying to rez your troops...
Old 2004-07-29, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Toneball
Not really an exploitable problem, but takes away from the skill required to manage stamina to navigate minefields / infiltrate towers or backdoors.
Wouldn't using a medical applicator negate the sensor shield? I think it does for the REK so why not the MA?
Old 2004-07-29, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Lartnev
Wouldn't using a medical applicator negate the sensor shield? I think it does for the REK so why not the MA?
It negates the Sensor Shield, but you'd have to be stationary to use it anyhow and if you're stationary you aren't being picked up regardless. Sensor Shield is SUCH a slow drain though, I don't think it's really a concern about it being overpowered because cloakers won't have to manage their stamina. You can run an entire SOI without draining yourself completely.
Old 2004-07-29, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
BrainSlug
Private

"Sounds pretty logical, the only negatives I can think of is an adv med cloaker using sensor shield almost endlessly."

If you sit still and crouch with Sensor Shield on your stamina recharges.
Old 2004-07-29, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

i like the idea that a med app can make Medkits(things were used to) and stimpacks that boost stamina.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-07-30, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
sandiman
Private

@ Badash: Buddy what are you on!! Adv Medic is already one of THE VERY BEST certs in the game, with an Adv Med u can keep ur squad goin for ages... You do know u can res with it right?? I mean come on! I mean either your squads dont actually heal each other, or ur just like clicking the respawn button! If you have a full squad but no Adv Med you will get pwned! Well thats my opinion anyway!
Old 2004-07-30, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Yeah but when most people tap out revive becomes a frustrating bonus
Old 2004-07-31, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sploogey
Corporal

ohh thats a good idea
especially the jump starting of implants
but 1 thing everone would then have med cert
you have to make it only able to jump start others ppl's implants cause it would be too good if u could spawn wack a applicator out of a term and get psheild as quick as anything

*EDIT* dont have med packs regenerate stamina...use stim packs
i say they should be the size of a grenade but should have twice the cooldown time as med packs have (about 10-15 seconds) and they should regenerate 50 stamina

Last edited by Sploogey; 2004-07-31 at 03:25 AM.
Old 2004-07-31, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

Good ideas Badash now if we can get it so that AdvMed's can revive after people have accepted respawn and have a window pop up for them to accept the ressurection.

Increase the timer on stimpacks to 20-25 seconds to avoid PS abuseage. I would think the size should be bumped up to pistol size (but not able to go in a pistol slot) aswell Because it takes like 30-40 seconds to drain your stamina as a rexo while surging. Seemingly unlimited surge is also something I would rather avoid.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion