BEP Problems at start - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I don't talk to myself, do we.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-16, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

BEP Problems at start

At the beginning everyone is going to have low BEP, the training area may help a little but killing people gives you BEP, and if they have low BEP, you get low BEP. I just think that it will take a while (a week max) for anyone to get high BEP for the first week or so. So expect to see standard armour for a while there. This is actually a bonus since everyone will be about equal with their toys, more skill will be shown in the beginning.
Old 2003-02-16, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

I would think BEP depends on your level vs their level. The higher they are above you, the more BEP give if you kill them.

Toimu:
IEDs, SAF, RPGs, & mortars. But only during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The enemy is so poor, they have to keep day jobs

PS Storyline
Old 2003-02-17, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Subliminal
First Sergeant

yes im very excited about the first week or two i've never really gotten in on a game like this so early it gonna be nice. I think when i start im gonna do the VR training and get out into the world with at least bl2 or so. I just wanna be able to get a basic vehicle and get the medium assault cert so I can be 1337 with my gauss
Old 2003-02-17, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't think it will be a problem. You start with 2 cert points ao I would guess that most people are going to get the Agile exo and the standard assault certs. So most people won't start in noob armor.

The beginning levels are important for noob retention, that is why the devs are giving away beps for visiting new continets and using terminals for the first time.

Also I don't think BEPs are awarded based on the targets level. (I think a noob in agile armor would be worth the same as a vet in agile armor. Destroying a tank would be worth the same amount of BEPs if it had a first time pilot or a seasoned vet pilot.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-17, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Observer105
Private

The first time playing, it will be fun flying around, getting use to all the ground and areas, like mountain ranges and rivers. I hope lots of people play, and it doesn't bomb like Asherons Call2!
Old 2003-02-17, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

I wonder how many noob Galaxy pilots will crash their first set of passengers.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-17, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
BCR
Private

I'm more interested in how the attacks will be organised in the beginning. In the first little there will be no-one with the command points to order anyone about.

Just a thought, when the game starts off will there be Devs (or someone) in charge of each army?
I reckon that system could work, all they have to do is gradually do less to help the war effort, forcing players to take command of the war.
Old 2003-02-17, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

You can stay in training til BEP lvl 5.. that means you walk out into the game whit 6 cert points, should be enough to give you a smooth start for what you primary want to do.

CEP points dosn't give you the right to order annyone around, it gives you the tools to help you do it. You still have to get people to follow you. I for one expect a race to get CEP's for outfit leaders and platoon leaders by capping the continent that only your empire has a direct link to from the sanctuary.
Old 2003-02-17, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
UDT Snake
Private

I'm fairly sure there will already be people at high levels from mass open beta.
Old 2003-02-17, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Zatrais

You can stay in training til BEP lvl 5.. that means you walk out into the game whit 6 cert points, should be enough to give you a smooth start for what you primary want to do.
SJ said now it's BEP lvl 3. He also said that is enough to get Agile Armor & a Vehicle, or Medium Assault & a Vehicle, or Agile Armor & Medium Assault and depend on friends for a ride. A few days after saying that, SJ said they were going to have a no cert vehicle to help out at the start, which was later said to be the ANT.

Toimu:
IEDs, SAF, RPGs, & mortars. But only during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The enemy is so poor, they have to keep day jobs

PS Storyline
Old 2003-02-17, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Where did you get that information Toimu?

I recall a post where he said you could easily get bep rank3 in VR, that dosn't remove the posibility that you can stay in VR training til battlerank 5. It just states its easy to get battlerank 3 in VR.

Last edited by Zatrais; 2003-02-17 at 08:12 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion