Questions about Certifications - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If at first you don't succeed... you're a noob.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-11-02, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tenhi
Corporal

Questions about Certifications

I have the privilege to play the Beta since 4 days ago. But I ran into some questions about the Certification System after I made some errors... I learned Flak Armor/Nanoweave and Shield because I thought they were just passives to your normal Suit

So to prevent such things I have some questions.

1) I take it that the Medical/Restoration Kit go into the 2nd Item Slot? So I can only take one of them at a time?

2) Concerning the special Grenades of the diffrent Classes. Is it the same Slot as the Frag Grenade? Or can I equip eg. the EMP Grenade and the Frag Grenade?

3) Things like Mines and C4. Which slot? For example as a Medic I was thinking that the C4 might add something against Tanks... but if it goes into the Slot for the Grenades (I want the Healing Grenades there) its not worth it :/

4) Is Symbiotic Healing worth the Certs? And again the question about slots...

5) Ammunition Belt/Grenade Bandolier are normal "passive" upgrades?

Thats it about Infantry I guess.

6) The Utility Slot is exactly that right? One Slot? So I have to choose one of the 3 Certs?

7) Can I upgrade all sides of the armor? Or again just one?

8) Same with performance. Only one at a time or can I take all of them?

Thats all I can think of right now Thanks in advance!
Old 2012-11-02, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NCLynx
Major

Re: Questions about Certifications

Sorry I don''t have an answer for ya, been outta news loop for a bit. I'm actually adding a question to your list instead of making a new thread.

IIRC There are some certifications that require a specific battle rank as well, is this still the case?

EX: I can get X scope for 12 certs right when I start, but I cannot get Y gun right off the bat because it requires Battle Rank 5.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-11-03, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ITOS
Corporal

Originally Posted by Tenhi View Post
1) I take it that the Medical/Restoration Kit go into the 2nd Item Slot? So I can only take one of them at a time?

2) Concerning the special Grenades of the diffrent Classes. Is it the same Slot as the Frag Grenade? Or can I equip eg. the EMP Grenade and the Frag Grenade?

3) Things like Mines and C4. Which slot? For example as a Medic I was thinking that the C4 might add something against Tanks... but if it goes into the Slot for the Grenades (I want the Healing Grenades there) its not worth it :/

4) Is Symbiotic Healing worth the Certs? And again the question about slots...

5) Ammunition Belt/Grenade Bandolier are normal "passive" upgrades?

Thats it about Infantry I guess.

6) The Utility Slot is exactly that right? One Slot? So I have to choose one of the 3 Certs?

7) Can I upgrade all sides of the armor? Or again just one?

8) Same with performance. Only one at a time or can I take all of them?
I'll answer what I know.

1) You can only have one of the two with you at a time.

2) One at a time.

5) No, you have to equip them and you can only have one at a time.

6) Yes.

7) You can only have one loaded in your vehicle at a time.

8) You can only have one loaded in your vehicle at a time.
Old 2012-11-03, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tenhi
Corporal

Thanks for the answers. I bought the Nanite Healing Grenade and its bugged xD 96 Certs down the drain. Oh and I bought the C4 too... it goes into the 2nd Item Slot (the one that is empty at the begining). So I guess C4 is the same Slot as Resto/Medipacks.

And to answer NCLynx question, as far as I can tell there are no Certs that require a lvl.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions