TR's fine, you just suck. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: quotes have a 3% success rate!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-24, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

alright, I have not played to much, was gone for a while and did not have time, but I got in the game the other day, found I sucked with the bolt driver so I grabbed a lancer. Got in a squad with some other vanu and we started taking bases from TR....there where no TR at mosta the bases we took, aside of course from the rare cloaker or reaver.

well we go to one base and prepare to take it, we ice the two max's in the courtyard and proced to fan out and take out anyone else in the area. We are feelin pretty bad. Then I see some terran named Terrik's name in the little window followed bt a cycler and one of my squad mates name. Well, we would find and kill this guy, he got lucky. I am still looking for him when it seems he ices two of my squadmates in about 4 secs. I rush to where they where...and he kills me. He contuines to basically kill everyone in my squad a number of times dieing maybe three or four times. there were 9 of us and three terrans, and boy I can say we got our ass's handed to us for the better part of an hour by that terrik guy. We started to gain some wierd fear of him. He was like a god. We could not kill him, and he could take down any three of us it seemed with great ease.

The terrans dont seem to have the numbers I would have expected, but boy some of them kick ass.
Old 2003-06-24, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sputty
Banned

WTS?!?!?! Tobias is back? 3l33t.
Old 2003-06-24, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Trencher
Private

I know how to use the MCG. It still sucks. Heh, I've used all the HA weapons and the JHer is so far above the MCG and Lasher it's funny. The MCG has an effective range or 10M at most and the Lasher can be dodged easily. Jackhammer has too much range considering it's a shotgun designed for up close damage and it continues to be effective at 20M and a bit higher.
I get massive amounts of kills with the MCG when I'm playing TR on my alt server... I don't disagree that maybe the Jackhammer should have a less effective range I'm just saying that I can rack up kills with TR weapons without a problem.
Old 2003-06-24, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

The TR were doing quite well on Emerald last night. They were zerging on Amerish and taking most of our bases easily. They had a sound enough strategy as well. They were using their tanks to pound the outdoor defenders before the zerg moved in. Since we Vanu fight so much better outside, we like to keep things outdoors as long as possible. The tanks forced us inside, then we were pounded by Maxs and chainguns.

Of course, I think on Emerald, the TR still has close numbers to the NC. We poor Vanu are still outnumbered there. At least we are no longer outgunned as badly now.
Old 2003-06-24, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

I thought I would clarify some of my points since that post doesn't even make sense to me.

The TR empire has good weapons.

People who bitch about the TR being nerfed suck. If I'm dropping 8 VS for every time they kill me, we're fine, cause I'm good, but not great.

The Jackhammer sucks, but nerfing it isn't the answer. When I come around a corner and see a JH, I should know I'm fucked.

The Lancer is a joke. I hate that thing, it's AV weapon that kills infantry in reinforced armor in 2 hits from the same ranger as the bolt driver at a much faster clip.

While the other empires may also have shitty leaders, the problem with the TR is that low population combined with the old zerg mentality is what's killing them.

Nerfing is never the answer. They should've upped the other maxes back in the day instead of nerfing them. They should up the HA weapons instead of nerfing them. 'Cept that fucking Lancer. I hate that thing.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-06-24, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
beavis88
Sergeant

Nerfing is never the answer.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with this. When one [weapon|vehicle|armor|etc] is overpowered with respect to the rest, nerfing that ONE item is almost certainly the answer. If you "buff" the rest of them, you quickly end up in a never ending cycle of increasing power, unless by some miracle you hit 100% perfect balance with that round of buffs.

My favorite example, Asheron's Call, had a no nerf policy, explicitly stated. The net result of this, plus existing game imbalance at retail ship, was that max weapon damage went from 8-16 at retail ship, to something like 35-50 two years later. ALL the original content was basically useless, since players were doing 3x the damage they were balanced against...

In summary: sometimes nerfs really ARE a good thing.
Old 2003-06-24, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Riyu
Private

Complete Agreement about Lancer

Highly accurate (even when sprayed). Same (if not longer) range as Bolt Driver. Fast clip.

As a sniper, when I see anyone using this, I run the other way.
Old 2003-06-24, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Trencher
I do NOT get the whole "our weapons suck" thing. The Cycler is awesome. The MCG is awesome. The Repeater is awesome. The Striker is awesome!

I still find it amazingly ironic that the TR all think the MCG sucks but most of the Heavy Assault people in my NC outfit and many of the outfits we hang around collect them and enjoy the hell out of them. I use Cyclers quite a lot myself.

I think the main problem is that people want all weapons to be the same - a MCG does not function like a JH but that doesn't mean it sucks... you just need to learn how to use it. The JH is more of a no brainer weapon than the MCG or the Lasher - you just get in someone's face and pull the trigger... with the MCG you have to be accurate and you have to lead but the rate of fire and the damage that thing outputs is insane.
You're right, even though no TR are able to find a consistent effective use for the MCG, you and your buddies have figured things out and are far smarter than anybody else.
I was having repeated battles with the same NC individual one night, and I was testing different ideas out with my MCG. We kept getting into one on one battles, and he kept owning me with his Jackhammer. The last time he killed me, he looted my backpack and ran back to a tower and healed himself. Then he came back to the place where we'd fought, and I got there about the same time. I had my Cycler and I destroyed him. This was not an accident, he had the worse weapon for the first time in our conflicts and he got owned.
"with the MCG you have to be accurate..."
You've never even equipped one have you? You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You have a better chance of peeing off of a 30 story building and writing your name in perfect cursive on the sidewalk below than you do of being accurate with the MCG. It makes a lot of neat noise, but it ain't accurate. That thing is a heap. I have yet to see an NC kill a TR with the MCG. I just hasn't happened. Odd coincidence, that.
The Repeater is nice, the Cycler is very nice, the Striker is very nice, the MCG is a paperweight.
Old 2003-06-24, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Bottleneck
Private

ROFL cracks me up too see all these people that dont play terran as there primary and tell us how great the cycler is! And If I hear one more moron tell me the terran heavy weapon is better than a paperweight im gonna scream and tear off my clothes right here in the office! Terran weapons DO suck, im not changing sides cause I dont have that kinda free time to get my ranks back, but to be honest I spend a large amount of time looting nc corpses so I can actually kill someone. As for the primary poster looking at your sig your saying you play terran on 2 different servers? LOL good ol FOS flameboy!
"My opinion supersedes all other opinions, I have wasted WAY more of my life playing a fucking video game than any of you losers so bow to me! I have to go now my mom wants me to take out the trash" -Board Troll Manifesto
Old 2003-06-24, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Slab
Corporal

This is the only thing you need to know when it comes to MMORPGs like Planetside.

Now matter how balanced the game is or gets, you'll always have people complaining about something.

People will NEVER be satisfied with whatever concessions you give them.

Once you understand that, the game is alot more fun. Also, avoid coming to boards such as this.

I would never have known how crappy my weapon was until I did.

Ignorance IS bliss sometimes...not all the time but sometimes.
"Priority is never to kill. Priority #1 is to annoy, annoy, annoy."
Old 2003-06-24, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Tryndamere
Sergeant

Slab, I couldn't agree more.

Nav- Why don't you lead then? Stop complaining about how things suck when you pass the buck onto other people. If you don't like how things are, step up to the plate and take the reigns. Until you do that, stfu.

TR people- The cycler is AWESOME. I killed 19 people in a row last night with it before my 1st death. When I first started playing I wasn't very good with it, but practice with it and you'll see what I mean. I haven't used the MCG a ton, from the times I have, it did seem pretty out of wack, but haven't used it enough to properly comment. TR is a great empire. Stop whining, get some buddies, try to figure out some strategies and go kick ass.
Old 2003-06-24, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Madcow
I have yet to see an NC kill a TR with the MCG. I just hasn't happened. .
LOL, this actually happened to me last night! Of course I was already hurting, but I hear the MCG and here comes some random NC around the corner and kills me with it. I just had to laugh. But I agree the TR Heavy Weapons cert is like throwing those cert points in the toilet.
Old 2003-06-24, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Tryndamere

TR people- The cycler is AWESOME. .
Yeah, I fully agree. And I think the Cyler/Striker combo is very strong and can deal with just about any threat.
Old 2003-06-24, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Plato
Sergeant

TR weapons are great except for that PoS MCG. The striker is great weapon. I used it a lot in the beginning but gave it up for special weapons.

I really like using the special weapons but I still turn to the Cycler since it's a very nice general purpose rifle. If you ever kill anyone with the MCG, you would have had a much easier time getting the same job done with the Cycler.

The Cycler makes the MCG obsolete without even mentioning the 4 certs it saves. Scrap the damn thing- I remain in favour of a whole new TR HA weapon.
Old 2003-06-24, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Damn Navaron I hope some people listen to ya.

It just feels like the TR side is growing smaller each day on emerald, and a few weeks ago everything seemed to be nicely balanced...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion