Re-Certification - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do you understand the words comin outta my mouf?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-11-26, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Nalar
Corporal

Hmm... i like the idea of grouping the certs, but unfortunately I am one of those players to whom this grouping will have an adverse effect.

Currently my cert points are maxed out and i use 6 points for vehicles: mosq and lightning. Now i will have to give up my lightning to keep my mosq (which i love very much).

It's unfortunate, but i guess that's the way it goes sometimes.
Old 2003-11-26, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Yes well, it will make gameplay a bit more hectic. With the Flail and Medium Assault Tanks grouped, Tech Plants + bases with the Vehicle mods will be targeted more often thus causing for more defense and more teamwork to keep your empire supplied. I'm personally going to get the Air Transport (3 useful vehicles for 3 points! weehoo!). Of course, the Assault Buggy thing is a little whack, one of these better lose the Tech Plant req.

Last edited by Rayder; 2003-11-26 at 07:29 PM.
Old 2003-11-26, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
KIAsan
First Sergeant

I like the idea (since I will benefit) and I can see the point for those who will be adversely affected. I just wish SOE had gone just one step more and gave a little cert love to the support classes.

Example: Drop the basic requirement and just have a single 4 point cert for Medic, Hacker, and CE. As it stands now, many players choose just the basic 3 point cert because they don't want to spend 2 certs on and 'advanced' ability. By grouping these support classes, it would in effect increase the number of CE, Hackers and Medics on the field. Since it would be distributed equally for all 3 empires, you don't have balance issues to worry about.

Maybe for a future 'present' from SOE (you gotta love the fact that we pay for our own presents in this game).

I also love the cert wipe. They should offor this feature on a 1 per month basis for everyone. Would make changing your character much easier (instead of the weeks it takes now).

KIAsan
Old 2003-11-26, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Does anyone understand the design of this game???

Seriously! This is about to become a completely different game?!!??!!?
Old 2003-11-26, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Rayder
General

Misc Info

I don't understand why people are complaining about the Armored Assault group. We get a Medium Assault Tank and a Flail for 3 certs. Both require a specific item, Tech Plant for one and Vehicle Mod for the other. The more people using this cert, the more Tech Plants and Vehicle Moded bases will be targeted, creating a need for more defense thus causing more teamwork. Yes, 3 certs seems like a little but you really won't get to use the Flail to much unless you go after it. The thing I'm wondering about is the fact that they named the tanks "Medium" instead of heavy....
Old 2003-11-26, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Acaila
First Lieutenant

I am not making a yay or nay call until I play it. However I wish they had've reviewed the cert costs for support rolls and perhaps did a grouping of them, like any 2 adv support certs from adv hack, CE, adv med for 5 certs. Or something similar.
Old 2003-11-26, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Doop
Major

WOOOOOT ALL YM BASE R BELONG 2 THIS!!!!!!!!11

I like the Light Scout cert the best, Two great vehicles for the price of, eh, about 1.3. :X
Old 2003-11-26, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

yeah i love my MOS but ill have 2 forget it because of that... it should be under scout and lighting shouldn't... i now have to depart with my mossie.....

Last edited by MuNsTeR; 2003-11-26 at 09:49 PM.
Old 2003-11-26, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by Ait'al
Strat your a complete moron.
Quit while you're behind.
Old 2003-11-27, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

People will complain about anything.

It's amazing.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-27, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Madcat170
Sergeant

im definatly not pleased about this, going to be so many bloody vehicles flying/rolling around when this comes out its stupid.

IF this has been posted further up sorry, 2 tired to read all the pages :P
Old 2003-11-27, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Vehicles are massively underused.

Or would you guys rather they were just removed from the game entirely? And maybe each soldier could spawn without his legs and one arm to be sure he needs a whole community of people full of loving support skills.

Sheesh. No wonder the devs take our opinions with a grain of salt.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

Last edited by Veteran; 2003-11-27 at 07:51 AM.
Old 2003-11-27, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Madcat170
Sergeant

i guess again im playing a totally diffrent game of planetside to the majority, I see nothing but Reavers and Tanks and other Assorted Vehicles thrown at the enemy, they just clear out the cortyards, kill the wall Turrets (no N in turrets), then sit outside the doors and spamm away.

I dunno, i think when you say "Vehicles are massivly underused" that you are comparing the number of vehicles to the number of troops, which is correct the number of infrantry should always be VASTLY higher than the number of Vehicles.

just bleh.
Old 2003-11-27, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Vehicles with strong one-man applications don't count, like Reaver, Lightning and MagRider. It's crew vehicles I want to see more of. Trust me, fewer MagRiders on the field wouldn't jerk a tear out of this old skull.

Old 2003-11-27, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Rayder
General

Misc Info

I do so hope they're planning to buff AV at least a little bit, what with the increase of delivs/sunds and galaxies, and flails and tanks. But what I really want to know is if the fact that they're calling the tanks now "Medium Assault Tanks" was a typo and never fixed, or if they're making a Heavy Assault Tank, and defensive/support tanks.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion