Whats your favorite vehicle?? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Best lil whorehouse on the web
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-01, 02:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
flypengy
Master Sergeant

You are sadly mistaken. The bassy can be a very potent weapon. Those chain guns are very accurate. Just park youra ass on the edge of a big battle and snipe people. They usualy don't view you as a big threat, but before they know it, they are dead. If something decides to kill you, you can often make it away on account of your insane speed. I got so many kills with it until I switched to light scout and started dishing out some more serious ownage in my lightning.
Only time I've ever been killed by any atv is is if they mowed me... and I must have been afk then. ATV is the most worthless cert there is, at least the harasser lets you carry another person and the deliverer/sunderer will let you carry many, even the ams has more value than the atv. atv needs to be 1 cert to ever be worth it.
Old 2004-03-01, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The only reason you are never killed by ATV is because no one realizes its value. If you use it right, you can get a lot of kills. No one does this because they all think like you do. I too have never been killed by a bassy. But I have killed a lot of people in mine.
Old 2004-03-01, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
easypickings
Corporal

i like the mosq best,
then the deli cos it's good in all situations and makes a good blockade at base entrances

least would be the mag.... best tank in my view.
Old 2004-03-01, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Reaver, all the way. People who choose skeeter over Reaver just don't know how to use a reaver.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-03-01, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

People that choose Reaver over Mosquito just don't care to provide countless troops with Overflight Radar.

The knife cuts both ways.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-03-01, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Vanguard, to drive or gun. You actually feel like you make a dent on the opposing forces in that thing.

I also love the AMS and am constantly stunned at how few of them seem to end out in the field. I used to see so many AMS's around all the time, now it seems like I need to bring my own to ever single battle and I need to stay near it at all times to keep it alive. The times when I die trying to protect my AMS and am forced to spawn a base away, while we have massive forces in the SOI, those times are very disheartening.
Old 2004-03-01, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Tsavong
Private

i love my skeet but the atv is very handy to get to a good sniping spot
Old 2004-03-01, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

"You actually feel like you make a dent on the opposing forces in that thing."

No, you actually are making a dent. I use Vanguard like a MAX suit. I drive it, pull up to a good spot then jump in the gunner seat. I then proceed to molest whatever battlefield I am on.

The result tends to be a gaping wound in the enemy defense perimeter with shockingly little effort on my part.

As a NC operative, I would be most disturbed if people called for a nerf to the Vanguard's stupidly high armor. Just shocked. Really, I would be heart-broken.

Or not. Fix the god-damned Vanguard. It's retarded.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-03-01, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Vanguard, to drive and gun if I am on TS with the driver/gunner.

I hate seeing tanks being used as artillery, its a tank, use it like one. Don't sit on a hill spamming shells, drive across the field through ce, over infantry, through lightnings (free kills), atv's (one-hit, 2 kills, guaranteed), infantry (hey look I can mow you at 15 kph, eat that lasher-rexo-pshieldwhore), magriders (hey no water, free kill), prowlers (hey its like 3 lightnings built into one!).

All I fear is deliverers (on water or off, they tend to own vans), more than one magrider with under 1/2 hp, or on water, 2 prowlers within the range where I can't dodge the 100mm's, and finally... 5 infantry hitting me with jammers before pulling out strikers, all standing on a rock/tower so I can't mow them.

They buffed mines to do 2x damage, but they only work 1/2 the time, I can roll over a 5-6 mine minefield and take no damage, or I can hit 2-3 mines and take 1/3 hp damage.

Vanguard teams can easilly take on 4-5x their number, especially if they don't have vehicles. (air vech's dont really matter, even reavers die fast to the 20mm's and they run fast when they get hit with that 150mm)

PS. ( <- these rock -> )

Oh yeah, Libs rock. Its like a tank in the air, built for whore-killing infantry + tanks just like with a reaver, however with about 3x the armor so you can kill skyguards 1v1. Can't dogfight as well, but never bothered me, I always sucked at dogfights anyway. Plus lib can transport 2 friendlies, hold about 1000 35mm rounds if you get rid of the bombs and you can give rides to friendlies in gal/lodes as well.

Last edited by Eldanesh; 2004-03-01 at 03:43 PM.
Old 2004-03-01, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Eldanesh
All I fear is deliverers (on water or off, they tend to own vans)
Hmm, so I'm not the only one. The worst part is I'm shocked each and every time that I come up against a Deliverer at how quickly they chew through the armor with both guns manned.

I love blowing Reavers out of the air with the big gun. 95% of the pilots in this game follow such easy patterns, and they seem incapable of changing their patterns even with large shells flying towards them. Use the machine gun at range, a good driver will avoid the majority of the rocket spam. Then the pilot inches closer to give his rockets a better chance and *boom*.
Old 2004-03-01, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Del's kill me faster than a mag and stand a good chance of killing me if I am at 1/2 hp mainly because I cannot dodge/avoid the fire.
Old 2004-03-01, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
BunBun
Private

My Favorite Vehicles:
Lightning: very good at AA, AI and AV. Good speed and maneuverabilty, very flexible.
Deliverer: devestatingly effective when used correctly. can absorb a great deal of damage and can dish out a deadly amount of accurate fire.

Least Favorite Vehicle:
Sunderer: Terrific guns for AV or even AI, but absolutely horrid at AA. The driving capabilities of this bohemouth are pathetic and it provides such a large profile anyone can hit it. Also the lack of gun depression gives it a very large bland spot close up.
Old 2004-03-01, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Mango
First Lieutenant

ANT > all
Old 2004-03-01, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Mango
ANT > all
You remind me of Fiin. A good ol' friend of mine.

Old 2004-03-01, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
apachepilotpat

Originally Posted by Biohazzard56
Reaver by far
of course bio

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion