Music - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Everything below this line is pure awesome.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-13, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Molgar
Private

I'm gona play a sniper so I'm gona turn off music if there is any.

Music is not that important, but it helps to improves the feeling of the game.
Old 2002-12-13, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Lexington_Steele
Are you really trying to tell me graphic aren't important? If you to choose between two very similar games that got similar reviews and one had better graphics, which would you choose?

Eye candy definately adds to my enjoyment a game. In fact the only reason I might check out the game Eve is because it looks so beautiful. I think ear candy does the same. Don't you enjoy listening to music? Why wouldn't something you enjoy possibly add enjoyment to video games?

have you ever played scorched earth?
have you ever played a MUD?
have you ever played wolf3d?

case closed.
Old 2002-12-13, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

scorched earth owns j00

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-13, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Scorched earth forever!! Have you tried Scorched 3D? It is ok, still prefer the original

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2002-12-13, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
�io
Lieutenant General

Yeah Sound and graphics add to a game but it doesn't make the game. That's one of the reasons i've lost interest in FF series.

[rant]
On the SNES the stories and characters were awesome.(Come on who will EVER forget Shadow or Cid or Kain or Kefka or Tellah "You spoony bard!!" ) It hit the PSX in 7 and became about graphics and sounds less about story and characters. I don't care what FF7 fans say i cared so little when what's her name died, i was like but seeing Kain heartbroken on that mountain alone or Cid sacrificing himself to close the tunnel THAT was heartwarming. Now the only thing i keep seeing in the FF series is better FMVs and more flashy crap like that loser dude surfing some pipe. OOOOhhh wow he's so cool!!!
[/rant]
Old 2002-12-13, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Originally posted by Doobz
gah, ill just pump some NOFX and Dropkick Murphy's off of my cd-player
Someone with good taste!!
Old 2002-12-13, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

wow another person who has actually *heard* of those bands!
nice

so what else do u listen to?

i also listen to the dirt surfers, the misfits, the ramones, flogging molly, goldfinger, rancid, zero down, and the ataris
Old 2002-12-13, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Misfits have always been one of my Favs.

Screaching Weasle is good I reccomend checking out "My Brain Hurts" if you haven't heard them. Let's see...then theres Union 13, The Smears, Bad Religion, English Dogs, Ramones, and Lagwagon to name a few. I love to pick up the Compalation albums because they always have them for like $3 at the record store, but then I tend to forget who the bands are that are on them.

But lately I have been lisening to Powerman 5000 a lot. Their first album was terrible, but the latest one "Tonight the Stars Revolt" kicks major ass. It's more New Age Speed metal like White/Rob Zombie, then it is punk, but what do you expect from Zombies little brother?
Old 2002-12-13, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

yeah, well, screw metal for me.

i listen to lagwagon and bad religion, theyre cool.

i personally hate metal, except for, of course, the might AC/DC

compilation albums do kick arse. i really like the warped tour and fat wreckords ones
Old 2002-12-13, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

and Pennywise! How could I forget Pennywise?
Old 2002-12-13, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by afex
have you ever played scorched earth?
have you ever played a MUD?
have you ever played wolf3d?

case closed.
Yea I have played these 3 and I must say, I would rather get a game with sweet graphics (like PS) instead of playing that. Sorry but I like to actually look at something when I'm playing a game. Oh and graphics are the most important to FPSes than any other genre because better graphics = better to see and it also = more advanced tactics and soooo much more! Don't tell me you would rather be playing PS as a 2d game with the graphics of a NES instead of the PS we have now!

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-13, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Jinxmasta
Yea I have played these 3 and I must say, I would rather get a game with sweet graphics (like PS) instead of playing that. Sorry but I like to actually look at something when I'm playing a game. Oh and graphics are the most important to FPSes than any other genre because better graphics = better to see and it also = more advanced tactics and soooo much more! Don't tell me you would rather be playing PS as a 2d game with the graphics of a NES instead of the PS we have now!
it's people like you that cause game to be pretty and not fun at all.

realize this.
Old 2002-12-13, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Just my opinion, but good music can add alot to a game, just look at Halo or IWD2. granted it isn't really the same thing but good music can really immerse you in a game. Graphics... to me there just nice extras, if the game has them, great, if it doesn't owell. Excepting of course, games that try to scare you, i doubt anyone would be scared by the original RE these days (not the GC version, the original original.)
Old 2002-12-13, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

hey dio, i dont care what u say about the other FF games, but u cant touch FF9. i absolutely loved that story, it was great. i know that new surfer dude looks like a retard, but zidane and all them, i cared for them
Old 2002-12-13, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
�io
Lieutenant General

Well maybe the new ones are awesome, i dunno, haven't played them. I just know the 7 sucked a lot compared to 2 & 3(US) and after that the ads focused too much on FMVs and flashy stuff to get me interested in it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion