Reavers - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Marsman cant say Auraxis! FACT!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Reavers
They are fine. I like my reaver. 29 25.22%
They need to be toned down. Less armor. 16 13.91%
They need to be toned down. Less rockets. 3 2.61%
They need to be toned down. Less (or no) afterburner. 8 6.96%
They need to be toned down. 15 13.04%
They are fine but we need better AA weapons. 32 27.83%
They suck. Dio rul3z!! 12 10.43%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-05-31, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
�io
Lieutenant General

Reavers

Ok i want PSU's opinion.

I (as many know) HATE reavers in current form. I don't care what all you reavers pilots say they are overpowered. The only true danger to reavers is skeeters and lock on weapons.

Lock on weapons : Any guy in a reaver (other than n00bs) knows that this is a joke, you see lock ok you hit the afterburners, worst case scenario you get hit by a few of them, land, repair and off you go.

Skeeters : It takes quite a bit of skill to actually kill a reaver with this unless you're somehow lucky enough to be 1 on 1 away from any enemy AA units. (cause unlike reavers skeeters will die from AA units)

The way i see it reavers need less armor or fewer rockets in the uber rocket barrage.

PSU's turn.
Old 2003-05-31, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Reavers have the best spam weapon, second fastest speed, and disproportionate armor. Take this flight model and combine it with the joke of a flight model, and every no talent ass clown will be airborne and zerg the sky- o wait, they did that.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-05-31, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kikinchikin

no way! the vanu and NC lock on anti air weapons are very accurate and can really screw u up. hell man when i see a vanu anti air max i basically get ready to hotdrop, cuz those things follow u a long ways, even if u have afterburners.

or supposethis u dont have ne afterburners then ur screwed.

as for terrans, they have no lock on... but they have flak which is good against reavers, and about repairing, there is seldom an engineer around when i need him.
Old 2003-05-31, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
�io
Lieutenant General

Well most reaver pilots know that lock on means hit the ground and swirve between trees and hills, not just gun the gas.

And if you're a smart pilot you have engy cert yourself.
Old 2003-05-31, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

I think if they just cut the afterburners off those things along with toning ddown the speed to somewhere inbetween now and a galaxy's top speed it would do the trick. People would get frustrated from the travel time, and the maneuverability would get cut down, thus making it harder to avoid AA weapons, which dont do SHIT against them.

I have an interesting stoy to tell about my phoenix and a reaver:

Once when i was assaulting a base with my squad., i died and respawned at a nearby AMS, which was inside a big ditch, hidden from the horizontal sight of the base. A reaver spot the AMS and comes down, i kid you not, about 1 or 2 meters off the ground, RIGHT NEXT TO ME. I happened to open up my loadout that had my jacky mchammer nad phoenix, so i whipped out my phoenix and started shooting at the dumbass pilot. I shoot him FOUR TIMES. While i was shooting him i was about 8 meters away, almsot POINT BLANK rnage. BEfore i got a hcance to get off a 5th shoot, he kills the AMS and turns around and pecks at me with the minigun hes got and kills me in about a second or two.

Now, if thats not overpowered, i don't know what is.

Old 2003-05-31, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

I just think that we need better AA weapons, like that AA buggy that will be in game *soon*, and double the dmg from the AA max vs air, that would work too..... Or double the Skeeter's dmg vs air, or somehting to down air faster......
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-05-31, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Personaly

Yes we do need better AA weapons, but the reaver also needs it's armor toned way down that or it's amueverability adjusted. U'm sorry i'm vauguely disturbed that they can take 2 shots from a devastator (if your lucky enough to hit them) run off and repair and be back in the fight. They either need to have less armor period, have their armor retooled so small arms antiarmor fire does more, or adjust their manueverability to be more in keeping with their armor profile. I just about cried the day they said their were going to change the vtol set up so pilots could ascend and descend faster.

I spose we could just follow the command and conquer renegade model and make snipers the flying units bane. Seems reasonable to me. Plus it whould give snipers something to do for a change.

A note on the phoenex, CAN WE PLEASE LET IT RELOAD WHILE IM PILOTING TO TARGET? Thankyou.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-05-31, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Skitz
Private

Removing the afterburner seems fine, that way AA would be more affective without making misq's any worse.
Old 2003-06-01, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
justmust
Corporal

If they made AA better, then the other types of aircraft would be too easy to kill. I think they just need to tone down the armor a bit.
Old 2003-06-01, 01:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
BigDickMccoy
Corporal

I wouldn't dick with it personally, be then I'm a reaver pilot
Old 2003-06-01, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

When i fly the thing i hate most is pounders. They can totally obliterate you before your rockets get anywhere near him. A solid squad that of course has a pounder, has a support. One locking weapon and the reaver will have a difficult time finding the pounder before he can do anything about it. These tow working in tandem is the one of the only situations i just avoid flying in altogether.

And even in the right hands the reaver still sucks.
Old 2003-06-01, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I think they should just tone down the armor a bit.

It is pretty ridiculous that a reaver can suck up 4-5 shots from a phoenix and not be destroyed, considering that it only takes 3 to kill a lightning.

Aircraft is supposed to have superior speed and less armor than just about anything. Since it has a lot of the electronics a ground vehicle has in addition to electronics' systems to help it fly, it has less room for armor.

Yes, aircraft can and should rule the air and be great support against ground, but they aren't flying tanks.
Old 2003-06-01, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
DrummerX
Private

Only problem Ive got with reavers right now is we dont have the ability to roll. This is way in the future and we got friggin gates across the universe, alien technology, but our aircraft cant perform a roll? Complete crap.

I agree about the armor, its way to high. But the amount of missiles is fine. A max unit can carry hundreds of rounds of ammo, so why cant the reav's?
Old 2003-06-01, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
DrummerX
Private

Also, I would much enjoy it if counter-measures we're installed in reavers and mosquitos(Flares, etc., ways of getting enemy missiles off your ass)
Old 2003-06-01, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
BigDickMccoy
Corporal

I must agree with Streamline though....Reavers handle like pigs
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion