News: E3 Gamespot hands-on demo & Higby Interview - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where "hotdropping" isn't the end result of spicy mexican food.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-07, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Re: E3 Gamespot hands-on demo & Higby Interview

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
i have a question about the out of game data flow and apps!

how is this thing protected? can everybody access everybodys infos via this datastream? if not, do we have to provide our account and password to the app to be able to access what we are supposed to access?
how are we going to be sure not to give our info to an evil hacking pirate appwriter?
I think Matt pointed out in the interview, and elsewhere previously , that information can only be gathered about your character if you give permission for it to be done. Not account info or passwords, just char info .Even your outfit leader can't access anything about you unless you give permission first.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Shogun
Contributor
General

so when you gave permission, everybody can access the info about you?
i don´t see how it will be possible to restrict who will access your info?

will it be possible to just give permission for your outfitmembers to view your position for instance? if so, how will this be managed?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-06-07, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
AgtPanda
Private

Jihad quadbike has been confirmed.

Aw yeah.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Coreldan
Colonel

so when you gave permission, everybody can access the info about you?
i don´t see how it will be possible to restrict who will access your info?

will it be possible to just give permission for your outfitmembers to view your position for instance? if so, how will this be managed?
This was talked about earlier by Higgles (before E3). I got the image of basically a screen in your character settings or somewhere where you can select with like.. checkboxes or like facebook-style who you want to share your datas with.

If you select everyone, you will be "available" on the "WoW armory" kind of things for example. If you want to keep everything about yourself private, only you will be allowed to view such data. Or you can limit it to outfit, for example.

I hope you can choose to show different things. I don't mind having certain things about myself visible to all, but stuff like location is for my outfit only.

All the data about you comes through SOE anyways. So if you select that you don't want to share the data, SOE will simply not stream it outside for the API thingies.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-06-07 at 11:33 AM.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
xXGumpXX
Banned

I just wan't clarification on voice macro's and character chants , are they in ? or will we be able to buy them with station cash . I have noticed in all these gameplay vids no one uses them , after all that is one feature i love about planetside , some how i just don't think there is any as of yet but i may be wrong , at least i hope i am
Old 2012-06-07, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
kaffis
Contributor
Major

i have a question about the out of game data flow and apps!

how is this thing protected? can everybody access everybodys infos via this datastream? if not, do we have to provide our account and password to the app to be able to access what we are supposed to access?
how are we going to be sure not to give our info to an evil hacking pirate appwriter?
It's already been stated that the game (or perhaps PS2's own website, if that's the preferred interface for this) will allow you to either make your information public or private. We don't know how granular these options will be -- will it be all-or-nothing, or can you choose some things to be public info and others to be private?

However, if it's public, it'll be available for apps to access with the APIs Sony is building.

It hasn't been confirmed, but it's pretty doubtful that those public APIs will include any login widgets, because allowing 3rd party apps to legitimately accept login info opens the door for malicious apps to fake the interface and instead capture your info.

To this end, I'm glad to see the announced 1st party app, which will hopefully include all those things we want a mobile app to do which would require logging in. Things like the VOIP, managing cert spending while not in-game, etc.

Then, we can include the community in all the purely informational stuff, allowing them to come up with customized UIs to present the information or innovative new ways to process and collate it.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

I did personally estimate the Beta would be July/August, so that's about as much clarification as I think people will ever get

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2012-06-07 at 01:11 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Baron
First Sergeant

Towards the end of the night battle footage you see an AWESOME could of debris and fire rain down on those below...

seriously ....got ½ a bonner from that
Old 2012-06-07, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Coreldan
Colonel

The burning debris is indeed fucking incredible.

Old 2012-06-07, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Bags
Lieutenant General

Where are you getting this privacy information from? I read every bit of PS2 news posted here and I can't recall any article about that.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Where are you getting this privacy information from? I read every bit of PS2 news posted here and I can't recall any article about that.
It was one of the video interviews with at least Higby sometime before E3. Sadly don't have the link at hand and no time to search it either, maybe someone else does

Old 2012-06-07, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
starshine
Private

release within the year

release within the year

release within the year

all I wanted to hear.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
infy
Corporal

Thumbs up Re: E3 Gamespot hands-on demo & Higby Interview

Man, xani and darkhiren can't wait for this game to come out! I'm all meh, but i'll give it a try.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Dreamcast
Major

Who cares if they sell weapons....

The only way that will be a problem is if it takes like 30 hours of gameplay to unlock 1 weapon.

Is better not be some BS like....I say it should take like 6-7 hours to get enough money to unlock weapons IMO.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
infy
Corporal

Without boost i can see it taking some time to unlock certain weapons, i know i didn't have the patience to unlock the heroes in LoL by playing without boost and what not. Support the game. Don't be like this player "TITICO", he's what you would call a true f2p warrior. Only paid for one game these last 3-4 years?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion