2011 Release - Oh look flying pig - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Violating labor laws daily.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-04-12, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rabb
Contributor
Sergeant

2011 Release - Oh look flying pig

Most people here will be seasoned PC gamers. So what I don't understand is why people still buy in to the idea that games will be released when the developers say they will. How many games release on time, how many even get released the same year they are originally supposed to.

PS:N Q4 2011 not bloody likely, seriously guys I want it as much as the rest of you but do you really think it will come out before 2012.

I may just be a cynical old git but I can't see this being released before Q4 2012.

Any other predictions?
Old 2011-04-12, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Re: 2011 Release - Oh look flying pig

I think it is quite hard to predict anything with so little information. But if you are the kind that put faith into the company developing the game than a good prediction would be somewhere near the end of this year?

If I were SOE I would aim for the Christmas season always a good time to release a game.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2011-04-12, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SavageB
First Sergeant

How about it comes out when it comes out?? I dont mind any push backs with releases, it means the game will be better.
Old 2011-04-12, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Heaven
Master Sergeant

I still want info and updates on the game though even if its going to take longer to come out, im thinking early 2012 release and beta around july/august this year.
Old 2011-04-12, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm thinking early next year is Beta, and Christmas 2012 is release. Think of everything we know. Little Info about the game+ SOE restructuring+ the precedents set by games before it= Delay Delay Delay= Q4 2012.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams

Last edited by Geist; 2011-04-12 at 08:53 AM.
Old 2011-04-12, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SavageB
First Sergeant

I would be surprised if the game comes out at all this year, with the lack of any info at this point i would agree with the post above, no release till mid to late 2012, I hope were wrong!!
Old 2011-04-12, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

I wouldn't mind if it came out sometime late in 2012. Gives me some time to look into BF3.
Old 2011-04-12, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

We should merge all of these pointless threads into one big emo cry-fest.
Old 2011-04-12, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sirisian
Colonel

Yeah Q4 2012 sounds like a realistic prediction for a game with a new engine with decent polish. Probably beta right before release. Skyrim is the only game I care about in Q4 2011.
Old 2011-04-12, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

10 out of 10 would read again
Old 2011-04-12, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ant001
Corporal

There are a lot of good games due out this year. I will have plenty to occupy my time. So I can wait patiently to see PS:N "IF and when" it's released. And before you start - The Agency - Sony cut it because it's in trouble, but only time will tell if these cuts were enough.
Old 2011-04-12, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
We should merge all of these pointless threads into one big emo cry-fest.
You seem to be the only one getting emotional. The people like me who don't have much faith in SOE are simply saying we don't trust them to deliver on what they say. You on the other hand blindly believe and call anyone who doesn't emotional and a baby...

OP doesn't sound emo at all simply rational and discussion Planetside: Next on a discussion forum...
Old 2011-04-12, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Ant001 View Post
There are a lot of good games due out this year. I will have plenty to occupy my time. So I can wait patiently to see PS:N "IF and when" it's released. And before you start - The Agency - Sony cut it because it's in trouble, but only time will tell if these cuts were enough.
Exactly, having to cut 3 stations as well as 200+ employees means the company is struggling, bad. Whether it had any effect on PSN isn't even debatable. Of course it did, or they woulnd't have to cut employees, and facilities. I know that the cuts had nothing to do with PSN, so they say..but do you think they are going to go around proclaiming the company is in trouble? Probly not..
Old 2011-04-12, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
morf
First Sergeant

Looks like a lot of people now agree with my prediction I made months ago:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=35808

Release date May next year if they push to get out a piece of trash early. End of year 2012 if they take the time to get it right. I don't mind waiting. Hopefully they will do it right and release it when it's finished.
Old 2011-04-12, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Raymac
Brigadier General

I guess its possible that SOE will only release 2 games in Jan. 2011 and call it a year, but I'm thinking they will be working really hard to get PS:N released before the end of the year.

It may push into Jan. 2012, but I just have a feeling the game is closer to completion than most of you seem to believe. Call me naive and idealistic, but I'm still hopeful that we will be seeing beta sometime this summer.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion