PlanetSide Next Producer Letter Released - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Have a life? Not anymore.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-04-13, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Heaven
Master Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide Next Producer Letter Sneak Peek!

Fucking YES!!!!
Old 2011-04-13, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Aractain
Major

Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
Fucking YES!!!!
I don't understand.
Old 2011-04-13, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
AWP
Private

What I hope comes out of this letter is the start of a steady flow of information about Planetside Next.

I cant wait to see whats next to be revealed.
Old 2011-04-13, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Heaven
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
I don't understand.
Any info is good info if its about PS:Next
Old 2011-04-13, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
Any info is good info if its about PS:Next
There was info in that? It's a great start and I hope this means a more steady stream of stuff being released to us but...
Edit: No new info anyway.
Old 2011-04-13, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: PlanetSide Next Producer Letter Released

I'm glad to hear they're working on the game, but I'm getting sick of the same information regurgitated every couple weeks. No, that's not fair - there really isn't any information being conveyed at all. Nonetheless, it's annoying to see the development team behaving like a bunch of teenage girls - so far they've been talking for 4 months and haven't said a single fact. (Well, apart from Smed confirming two or three things here and there.)

I also don't see the real point in hiding developmental information from us lot. If they're talking to us as their direct customer base, they ought to be more open about which of our wants will be incorporated into the engine and which won't. Otherwise, they ought to be talking to the likes of GameSpot to get as much attention onto this game as early on as possible - I need plenty of squishies to run over in my new shiny vanguard.

But I guess this also means the team is just as excited about the game as us lot. They're sitting in their shed in California mumbling "This'll be so awesome!" while they don't have too much real information worth disclosing.
Old 2011-04-13, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Ant001
Corporal

Guys you can go back to doing whatever you were doing before. This is soe so expect nothing for at least another 2-3 months. At which time another producers letter to say how aswsome the game is looking.u

Last edited by Ant001; 2011-04-13 at 04:36 PM.
Old 2011-04-13, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

Thank you Mr. Producer man. I have subbed just to help support the game. I wasnt expecting a whole lot of info, that way I wasnt disappointed! Keep it coming
Old 2011-04-13, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Heaven
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
There was info in that? It's a great start and I hope this means a more steady stream of stuff being released to us but...
Edit: No new info anyway.
Well info that were going to get some updates soon, I didnt mean acctual info :P
Old 2011-04-13, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Ant001 View Post
Over the next weeks and months..at least we know now for sure we cun unsub till closer to a beta lmao.
My thoughts exactly, my month of nostalgia is complete.

Much of this information will be presented to the PS community exclusively...
This part scares me, it's nice the community is recognized as important. But I would prefer info going out to as many people as possible, as soon as possible.

...because frankly, if your passion for the original didn’t exist, I wouldn’t be typing this.
The pessimist in me translated this too "If you hadn't been complaining all this time, I wouldn't be doing this." lol

Planetside is one of the most unique MMOs out there, hell it's literally the ONLY MMOFPS. Most companies would recognize that opportunity to make a ton of profit, but I fear only SOE would be capable of preventing the game from reaching it's true potential.

We may need to start our own guerrilla add campaign soon. Who do you think could bring in more people? SOE, or the community?

But, it seems they are trying. The ball is rolling, more info will come... "soon"
Old 2011-04-13, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Canaris
Contributor
General

We shall christen him "Old Iron Sites"

Thanks for the information PS & PS-U, can't wait to hear more about our baby lol
Glad to have you on board Andrew, "Welcome to War!"

Last edited by Canaris; 2011-04-13 at 04:52 PM.
Old 2011-04-13, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Gaff
Private

Misc Info

Don't forget that E3 is in a couple of months (7th - 9th June). I would be expecting a lot of PSN details to be forthcoming from that, since it is the biggest gaming show of the year.
Old 2011-04-13, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
Don't forget that E3 is in a couple of months (7th - 9th June). I would be expecting a lot of PSN details to be forthcoming from that, since it is the biggest gaming show of the year.
HAHAHA, ohh Gaff, you have so much to learn. Yes you would expect something like that. Anything with a 2nd grade education might expect something like that. now really, would SoE do something that would be so easy and make so much sense? Think about it.
Old 2011-04-13, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
When is Firefly going to get here and go gorilla shit on everyone who thought we'd be getting a bunch of specifics on this very first Producer's Letter?
I'm not. It should be patently obvious to even the stupidest re-tread on this board that a small number of certain people are just pissy little bitches like Antoine Dodson, and won't be happy unless they're crying about shit - give 'em exactly what they want and they still complain.

Waaa, I didn't get my developer letter. Waa, I got my developer letter and there wasn't anything substantial in there. Waa, I got a substantial developer letter but it didn't tell me whether or not I can craft Beamers. Waa, they wrote a developer letter with substantial information and said I could craft Beamers but they didn't say if it could be a +5 Vorpal Beamer.

I knew girls like that in the Army. Best thing to do was just fuck 'em in the ass, get your nut, and toss them into the hallway for some other dude to deal with. Ahh, Rangerettes...
Old 2011-04-13, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I'm not. It should be patently obvious to even the stupidest re-tread on this board that a small number of certain people are just pissy little bitches like Antoine Dodson, and won't be happy unless they're crying about shit - give 'em exactly what they want and they still complain.

Waaa, I didn't get my developer letter. Waa, I got my developer letter and there wasn't anything substantial in there. Waa, I got a substantial developer letter but it didn't tell me whether or not I can craft Beamers. Waa, they wrote a developer letter with substantial information and said I could craft Beamers but they didn't say if it could be a +5 Vorpal Beamer.

I knew girls like that in the Army. Best thing to do was just fuck 'em in the ass, get your nut, and toss them into the hallway for some other dude to deal with. Ahh, Rangerettes...
Lmao. It's like Triumph the insult comic dog, but much more relevant.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark

Last edited by Ailos; 2011-04-13 at 05:32 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion