An idea for vehicles. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My god! What's that devouring your leg?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-05-03, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Doctor Digit
Private

An idea for vehicles.

Howdy, new guy to the PSU forums and was just reading over some of the vehicle topics and it got me thinking. For the common pool vehicles of every empire why not have them differ by Empire and Certifications for added customization. An example would be the old Deliverer. Say you had an advanced medic cert, you could trade off for a Deliverer with a single gun and removing two seats, but allowing it to be a mobile medical station with slightly increased armor. On top of that the Deliverer gun would reflect each empires abilities; Fast firing for TR, heavier damage for NC and The orbs of doom for the VS.

I realize this is just a basic idea, but I'm quite curious on what ya'll think.
Old 2011-05-03, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: An idea for vehicles.

I like that idea... a lot. But I'd like the "Med-Deliverer" to heal people while they're in it, or maybe all those around it, but very slowly. Maybe even have an engi version that could hold a max or two. But I would still let them gun, as well as those getting healed. it would be a nice trade off, get heals and put in some gunner-support time.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-05-03, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Doctor Digit
Private

Oh I most certainly agree, though I feel there needs to be a trade off to keep it balanced. So maybe keeping all 5 seats, remove 1 gun and have an ability for the Med-Deliver lock itself down for an radius heal. Allowing an area heal but at a price of no movement. The radius heal would heal for say 5 hp every 2 seconds while if they were inside the vehicle it would heal for 10 hp every 2 seconds. Though while deployed it would certainly become a bigger target.
Old 2011-05-04, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Senyu
First Lieutenant

I like it. Implementing new items such as vehicles or Empire Only can be a pain and trouble to balance. But I like the idea of increasing variety of what we currently got to make the soldier much more unique from his other counterparts. This is certainly one of them.
Old 2011-05-04, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
wolfkrone
Corporal

Its a crazy good idea, I would expect something like this to make it into the game eventually.
Old 2011-05-04, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

i think its a good idea, but i worry about its role in the game. in large field fights, like we had in year 1, they would do awesome, ams, shield gen, med cart and lody and you have a deployable away base, that can quickly move with the front line.

but i fear its role may be abit out shined by its use, in most cases, units dont have the oppertuinity to fight, then run out of a base or tower, round the corner and down the hill just for HP, its more practical to take med themselves (assumeing it all works the same) since troops are not as mobile as vehicles, and have alot less dmg threshold, i just worry how useful a vehicle would be.

that said, at the very least, maybe add it as an addition to the AMS, because the other major issue you will have with this truck, is the fact it will be the number one target on the field. just because if it does work well, it will be a kings worth the exp in kill all the troops.

in either case, i like the idea of a mobile med station, and i would love for SOE to move them game into new ideas, and a mobile forward base/repair station i think will allow for alot more interesting stratigic encounters utilizing some of the space we have, it just needs to be useful enough to warrent the certs, and restriction of bringing some else to the field instead, while being more useful then a soldir with the med cert (which if it remains the same price id imagine the med cert and this vehicle would be about same 2-3 certs.)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion