News: Updated Membership Plans - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: BIG BOOBS! ( . )( . )
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-01, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Updated Membership Plans

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...plans-2885.htm
Old 2012-10-01, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: Updated Membership Plans

Still not something that compels me to subscribe.

1. Priority access to subscribers only does not make sense in a F2P game, because one could easily spend more than $14.99/m in micro transactions, yet still be a second class citizen to those who spend less by subscribing.

2. The rest of it is buying back one's own time, because the game is designed to waste it so they can charge you to waste less of it...

No thanks. I'll just buy things on the store that interest me, as I do in EQ2 and FreeRealms.
Old 2012-10-01, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Sounds good to me. I think I will buy a membership.
Old 2012-10-01, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Conq
Staff Sergeant

It looks like a pay-to-win-sooner model, everybody will have everything they need eventually, pay or not. I wonder how PS2 will make money after that.
Old 2012-10-01, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Conq View Post
It looks like a pay-to-win-sooner model, everybody will have everything they need eventually, pay or not. I wonder how PS2 will make money after that.
The way to continue to make money is to continue to provide content for the gamers.
Old 2012-10-01, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bravix
Sergeant Major

I'll probably buy a 6 month sub. Dunno if I'll sub again after that though. Depends entirely on how they pump out content.
Old 2012-10-01, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I love reading the lamentations of the cheap.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-10-02, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Stardouser
Colonel

Priority login is an EA trick. The difference is this: EA allows people who paid their $60 to get screwed over by people who paid the extra $50 for Premium. In PS2's case, it's somewhat less clear. People who buy station cash and items individually, they might well spend $60 per year, in which case, SOE would be pulling an EA style trick.

I've always said, the zero payers have no business complaining, but the $120 or more per year payers shouldn't be able to just keep spending and spending to exponentially outmatch $60/year payers. This is a step in that direction.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-10-02 at 12:04 AM.
Old 2012-10-02, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
khord
Private

Well, I'm looking forward to a payed sub.
I can enjoy the benefits that come with it and budget the 500 points a month towards the purchases I want to make without having to think about if I should spend 20 bucks here, 50 bucks there.
Old 2012-10-02, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Nothing for me so far. If i pay for a monthly sub (15 bucks!!!!) i want the full game and not 500sc a month.
That means access to ALL inv and vec weapons in the game. Maybe they can still sell the camos and bosters but nothing more.

I am not sure how much they think people should pay per month: e.g.

15 (sub)
10 (weapon unlocks)
10 (implant boosters)
5 (camos)
--------;----
40 bucks a month??? WTF?
Old 2012-10-02, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
IRSAudit
Private

I need a little clarification on the 500SC bit. Number one, is this 500SC for each month subscribed? And number two, if so do I get all of it up front if I purchase a six month membership? F2P games I like I'll take the $60 they would have cost and throw it at buying in game stuff. How the 500SC is handled with the membership is going to change how I go about my purchases.

And a big thumbs down for server priority. I'm just not a fan of that flavor of favoritism. XP and resource boosters, fine. But let everyone play the game in the order they're queued.
Old 2012-10-02, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
mbarrett
Banned

although i would prefer this game to be subscription based rather than FTP but i think $15 dollars a mth and then you have all the micro transactions on top of that , this will put players off wanting to play this game in the long term because this is literally milking it , I think sony need to address this and look at the long term plans for this game , so i go for the subscription which is roughly £10 gbp a mth and then if i wan't to purchase any in-game items that will cost me an addition amount on top of my subscription , i don't like the sound of this

Last edited by mbarrett; 2012-10-02 at 05:59 AM.
Old 2012-10-02, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Really not a fan of server priority, it does more damage to the brand than benifit the paid subscribers IMO.

Aside from the subscription I am curious what the cost of items/content/station cash for the pay as you go model will be??

I don't mind the subscription boosts but again priority login is a very slippery slope. It's one of those things you can rationalize like any good bean counter Nazi but in the end it's just the wrong thing to do.
Old 2012-10-02, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

seems reasonable to me. the people serious about the game will pay the sub fee to get the boosts. they can continue to add content/continents to keep the coins flowing. nice that you can just use station cash as well. i'll probably pick up a few cool camos initially and unlock a decent weapon or 2 off the bat. the boosts will help a lot though especially resource boosts and offline cert points is pretty nice i have to admit.
Old 2012-10-02, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Priority login only matters when the game first comes out and everyone bumrushes the server.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion