PS going FTP - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: will cause early death
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-03-24, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Atheosim
Captain

Re: PS going FTP

CraazyCanuck

I'll be in game as Atheosim. Send me a /t with any questions you have and I'd be more than happy to walk you through them. Post your char name here so I can try to catch you when you're online
Old 2014-03-25, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

I'm usually on after the kids are in bed

So 8+pm eastern.

I'll post back when I have the character name. Thanks for the help.

Old 2014-03-26, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by basti View Post
March is almost over, not very long till PS2 goes F2P.

I have seen absolutly nothing done to tacke the cheater problem. Not by you guys (have you even tried?), not by SOE.

Have fun. Death will be quicky and painless, delivered from a flying scatmax.
I'd like to call you out as an ass like others, but other than thinking we as players can do anymore that we had, or anything we did in futility before i'm not sure how that statement belongs, BUT... the rest of the post I'm afraid is spot on.

Without constant and dedicated GM support the game will be dead in a few short weeks from a few flying maxes or a pull hacker.

I had written in a response to a hacker support ticket to Brewko many years ago after the response I got was fairly offensive that the hacking problem isn't that bad or some such.
Frankly the way PS1 plays, part of what makes the fights so incredible and what makes it kind of a tight community, is also MUCH more susceptible to being completely and totally borked by a single cheater. The biggest problem now, is back in the days of the explosion ~exactly 5 years ago when it started becoming so common daily and the population dropped drastically from April to June 2009 when around the middle of june for about a month they were quick and fast with the bans. The numbers that went away and came back were ok. The numbers that left and never came back were staggering. We won't get a second chance from anyone. The first exploiting turd to come on and start pull hacking and dropping every gen on a continent in moments and basically killing a fight and we lose all numbers.

In a instanced shooter you lose a few minutes in one match from a cheater. In PS1 everyone in game loses the ability to play as long as that guy is on.
How long will it take to kill the game?
Old 2014-03-26, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

I'm sure basti allready has his hacks ready.

On a more serious note, maybe the fact that PS2 has much more players (i think...haven't played after their latest fuckups) will make hackers rather go for that game instead of PS1. I doubt it will be as bad as it was at the height of the reserve program years ago.

However. SOME sort of GM support should be there. I can't imagine SOE to be THAT mean-spirited; "Here's free PS1 without GM support. Smed will be personally using hacks and kill everyone at 9 pm. Enjoy!"

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2014-03-26 at 07:36 PM.
Old 2014-03-27, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

The problem is that unless they can make some sort of money from people playing PS1 it won't make any business sense to have GMs.
If anything it would have to be community representatives that can do it for free.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-03-28, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Hehateme
Private

Basti's just mad he was horrible at one of the easiest games ever. I mean to play for as long as he did and be that bad is embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong when I call planetside an easy game, I love it and will play it once it goes free to play, but it just comes down to "mastering adadadadada takes years" (c) Visigodo. However, because of anyone having the ability to be at least decent, adding the fun of the game, it does have an ability to survive.

I think all it needs is GM support, even better than GM is a couple of players who can give out temp IP bans to hackers.
Old 2014-03-29, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Skittles
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post

However. SOME sort of GM support should be there. I can't imagine SOE to be THAT mean-spirited; "Here's free PS1 without GM support. Smed will be personally using hacks and kill everyone at 9 pm. Enjoy!"
Really? You cant? Well, I hate to be the one to tell you that there is no Santa, Easter Bunny or Superman, but there is going to be jackshit for support of ANY type from SOE.

The fact this still is difficult for a lot of you to grasp how much PS1 is disliked by this team is rather amazing to me. Its kind of like watching a dysfunctional relationship where 1 person is constantly abused and continuously defends or allows the abuser to come back into the relationship.

Look, they're (SOE) is going to flip a switch and walk away. That is IT. Period. Its going to be like Milton in "Office Space" hidden down in the basement, and that's it. Whatever happens after that switch is flipped is inconsequential. 2 yrs from now some peep doing background powersource audits is going to see it on and be like "Oh, someone left the light on in this closet" and turn it off.
Old 2014-03-29, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I still have the feeling that SOE is doing this for two reasons.
1) To shut people up about wanting PS1 going F2P.
2) To have another reason to shut down the server once and for all.

I don't think SOE dislikes Planetside 1. I don't think they really care about it anymore, besides what memories some of them have of it.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-03-29, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
bedzike
Corporal

chipmhazard well since your a mod, on here do you have any contact info for brewko, he is willing to come back he did b4 but he doesn't work for soe anymore. when I asked them for his info they told me he quit and they can't give out info on ex employees.
Old 2014-03-29, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Sadly I do not know how to contact brewko.

Old 2014-03-29, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Easy, log in to PS1 on any CR5pam character and Global the following.

DanB! I command you to show yourself for the villainous villain you are! Also, <insert explicative here>.

I guarantee it will make him appear, I won't guarantee he will do anything other than BanD you.

Old 2014-03-31, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

So, seeing the hostile replys, its pretty clear you guys havent even tried to contact SOE and figure out a way to deal with the upcoming hacker infestation.

Lets rip you guys apart.

Babyfark McGeez: No, Player numbers of a game have nothing to do with how many hackers will appear. The important bit is an anti cheat system.

lets take a look at PS2. Yep, you got hackers there, some even stay for quite a while. But getting a hack for PS2 requires you to pay for it, as the free ones get detected rather quickly (its always pure joy to watch hacker forums just after a ban wave ^^). The paid ones get constantly updated, and break protection every now and then, wich usually results in a short phase of aimbotters. The real problem for PS2 are those hacks that are created for a single guy. If done corrently, PS2s anti cheat wont pick it up by itself, and if the guy is clever, he doesnt just throws headshots around, but uses his cheat to give him a advantage other players and especially SOE wont notice.

Now, lets take a look at PS1. No Anti cheat, no GM support, hacking requires you to download a tool to edit memory values, and watching a youtube video to figure out how to use the tool for PS1. Then a quick google fu and you know what to edit to get what results. BAM, INSTANT GODMODE! And nobody there to do anything about that.

Hackers will come to PS1, in large numbers, just because they can. Heck, you guys were there when we had flying scatmaxes and all that crap! You guys were there when they actually killed the game, TWICE!

And you idiots still wear your rose tinted glasses while insulting me, even tho im only pointing out the obvious.

You guys fucked up big time. You had ONE chance to make things right, ONE chance to get in touch with SOE and try to find a solution that gives PS1 a chance. And you didnt even try.

I shall predict the future now.

PS1 goes F2P, maybe the game even gets several poplocks (Thats actually a possibility thanks to F2P), but with the players come the hackers, and it will be days before the game will be empty again, while you guys will be yelling at SOE for not doing something about the hackers. SOE will see the random rage of folks that always ask for more but never actually do something themself (or even try), realize that they cant actually make the game even remotly cheat free without having actual GMs dedicated to PS1 (fat chance for a game with ZERO actual income), and just do nothing. Abd then you folks will rage forever and blame SOE for everything, just as you did with the past.

But the truth is: You guys are to blame. You asked for PS1 to go F2P plenty of times, and SOE did listen. And then? Nothing. You completly blocked out all the negative sides, even tho the game actually WAS F2P once in the past (remeber the Reserve program?), and was heavily infested by cheaters because of that (wich in the end caused the reserve program to not be a permanent thing).

But whatever. You guys want PS1 more than I do, but i shall at least attempt to get in touch with SOE, and give PS1 a chance.
Old 2014-03-31, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
bedzike
Corporal

Originally Posted by basti View Post
So, seeing the hostile replys, its pretty clear you guys havent even tried to contact SOE and figure out a way to deal with the upcoming hacker infestation.

actually you are wrong I contacted soe asking for gm brewkos info so we can have him come back to watch over the game. second I asked soe for a player mod program which they also said no too. so next time you say we haven't tried I want you to go thru the forums or tickets or anything or ask you buddy highby about the message I wrote him, that he ignored since ps2 is his one and only chance to make it in the gaming world and it become a flop.

Lets rip you guys apart.

Babyfark McGeez: No, Player numbers of a game have nothing to do with how many hackers will appear. The important bit is an anti cheat system.

lets take a look at PS2. Yep, you got hackers there, some even stay for quite a while. But getting a hack for PS2 requires you to pay for it, as the free ones get detected rather quickly (its always pure joy to watch hacker forums just after a ban wave ^^). The paid ones get constantly updated, and break protection every now and then, wich usually results in a short phase of aimbotters. The real problem for PS2 are those hacks that are created for a single guy. If done corrently, PS2s anti cheat wont pick it up by itself, and if the guy is clever, he doesnt just throws headshots around, but uses his cheat to give him a advantage other players and especially SOE wont notice.

go to damncheater.com or go to elitepvper.de and you can find free hacks just as good as the paid ones. since the paid ones are made from the same people on both forums...... so do research

Now, lets take a look at PS1. No Anti cheat, no GM support, hacking requires you to download a tool to edit memory values, and watching a youtube video to figure out how to use the tool for PS1. Then a quick google fu and you know what to edit to get what results. BAM, INSTANT GODMODE! And nobody there to do anything about that.

yes very simple to hack ps1 since its almost all client side but then again. lets see how many people are smart enough to make a hacking program and know what needs to be frozen and what needs to be code caved so the actual ps1 hack detection doesn't get them.... again something you wouldn't know about unless you have some smarts......

Hackers will come to PS1, in large numbers, just because they can. Heck, you guys were there when we had flying scatmaxes and all that crap! You guys were there when they actually killed the game, TWICE!

MWx yes they did that funny thing is all of them quit.

And you idiots still wear your rose tinted glasses while insulting me, even tho im only pointing out the obvious.

your pointing out nothing but nonsense and no actual fact has been said on your part

You guys fucked up big time. You had ONE chance to make things right, ONE chance to get in touch with SOE and try to find a solution that gives PS1 a chance. And you didnt even try.

soe had 1 chance and they are choose not to help the players so again. no facts on your part just your opinion which is invalid in this point and posts.

I shall predict the future now.

PS1 goes F2P, maybe the game even gets several poplocks (Thats actually a possibility thanks to F2P), but with the players come the hackers, and it will be days before the game will be empty again, while you guys will be yelling at SOE for not doing something about the hackers. SOE will see the random rage of folks that always ask for more but never actually do something themself (or even try), realize that they cant actually make the game even remotly cheat free without having actual GMs dedicated to PS1 (fat chance for a game with ZERO actual income), and just do nothing. Abd then you folks will rage forever and blame SOE for everything, just as you did with the past.

if a hacker comes to ps1 simple we have one person who knows how to hack use their hacks for good and stop him in his tracks simple and easy. pull hack is a lot more then what a simple cof and rof would be able to do without being caught....... no barcode hacker will be able to stop some1 hacking against them back..... so your point once again is invalid

But the truth is: You guys are to blame. You asked for PS1 to go F2P plenty of times, and SOE did listen. And then? Nothing. You completly blocked out all the negative sides, even tho the game actually WAS F2P once in the past (remeber the Reserve program?), and was heavily infested by cheaters because of that (wich in the end caused the reserve program to not be a permanent thing).

yes MWx came to the game

But whatever. You guys want PS1 more than I do, but i shall at least attempt to get in touch with SOE, and give PS1 a chance.
we don't need you to get in touch with any1 your a stain on ps1 community who gave up and jumped ship as fast as you could so your name would be up their and people would know who you are. but I have never seen you in-game and your br 70 with a 1.23 k/d so you not even good at the game..... so idk why you even choice to post on anything planetside related. so take your bandwagon ass and move on with your life. fps aren't your type of game go play league or something. if you spent more time playing ps2 you would see that its a boring cod game that has no tactic no skill nothing but a shell of what it could be if they took the great aspects of ps1 and put them into the game so. have a nice day basti since im done wasting my time on someone so pigheaded they need to be talked down too like a child so they understand they mean nothing to the world other than someone who takes up air and resources.

Last edited by bedzike; 2014-03-31 at 03:37 PM.
Old 2014-03-31, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

Pessimists take your negative attitude elsewheres there's endless other games and forums where you can go bitch, you are not welcome here.

Your profound knowledge of the future and attempting to guess it to increase your epeen status is laughable at best.

I certainly hope it's not your defining moment for the short time we live on this rock.

Looking forward to ps1 FTP
Old 2014-03-31, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Easy, log in to PS1 on any CR5pam character and Global the following.

DanB! I command you to show yourself for the villainous villain you are! Also, <insert explicative here>.

I guarantee it will make him appear, I won't guarantee he will do anything other than BanD you.
That might work if he was still employed by SOE but he was laid off in that last round a few months ago.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion