The most broken things from PlanetSide1 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Danger, This really hurts!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Most broken things from PlanetSide 1
BFR's !!!!!!!! 26 68.42%
Interlinks 6 15.79%
MAX Units 5 13.16%
Plasma/Indirect Fire Weapons 11 28.95%
AirCav 11 28.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-12-23, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Traak
Colonel

Re: The most broken things from PlanetSide1

Cheater definition for anyone who notices: "you just suck"

Person who farms using overpowered stuff in the game: "Everyone who doesn't love this is a crybaby."
Old 2011-12-24, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
I would like to see them eliminate all tracking of kills whatsoever.

Making solipsistic killwhoring a nonexistent issue would encourage teamwork. If the majority of players weren't solipsistic killwhores. In which case they will go play some other game that glorifies killwhoring, and avoid Planetside.

I mean, let's face it, if people were teamwork-oriented, goal-driven, self-sacrificing types, they would be in the military or somewhere in the real world that rewards that. It isn't like PS players are like the zenith of human evolution or anything, so I guess in order to make money, you have to appeal to the killwhores.
Perhaps you should stick to MMORPG's f you dont like kill tracking, where everybody is awarded a "kill" (read:assist) if you're in the general area of something dying.

PS2 is going to be an FPS, every FPS has stats, if you dont like that, its not the genre for you.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-12-24, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I would like to see them eliminate all tracking of kills whatsoever.

Making solipsistic killwhoring a nonexistent issue would encourage teamwork. If the majority of players weren't solipsistic killwhores. In which case they will go play some other game that glorifies killwhoring, and avoid Planetside.

I mean, let's face it, if people were teamwork-oriented, goal-driven, self-sacrificing types, they would be in the military or somewhere in the real world that rewards that. It isn't like PS players are like the zenith of human evolution or anything, so I guess in order to make money, you have to appeal to the killwhores.
Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Removing stats from a video game is dumb and would not prevent "killwhoring". People like to see how well they're doing in terms of kills/deaths and other statistics.

I agree with Effect.

You do know that they did technically remove stat tracking in PS1 right? You know how the website no longer keeps track of your kills and Planetsidestats isn't up anymore? Yeah, and people still ToD and camp the spawn tubes. That's just some people's niche. It's fun to get kills.

Also, removing stats in an FPS? Okay, get out.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-12-24, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
I agree with Effect.

You do know that they did technically remove stat tracking in PS1 right? You know how the website no longer keeps track of your kills and Planetsidestats isn't up anymore? Yeah, and people still ToD and camp the spawn tubes. That's just some people's niche. It's fun to get kills.

Also, removing stats in an FPS? Okay, get out.
afraid people will comment on their negative K/D, lawls? ps1 never tracked deaths andways, the probably got that k/d was a worthless stat.

should make it so your profile link is mandatory when posting on the forums....world of tanks forums are great for that reason, no anonymity.

SKYeXile TRF - GM

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2011-12-24 at 05:57 PM.
Old 2011-12-24, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Cheater definition for anyone who notices: "you just suck"
That's how I generally respond when someone calls me a hacker.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-12-25, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
SKYeXile
Major General

That's how I generally respond when someone calls me a hacker.
I find it amusing that so many people run into cheaters in Planetside, i see very few.

when i do get a hate tell i respond with "Future Crew" now, i used to waste my time and talk to them, but they will never learn, this is why they suck.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2011-12-25, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
I find it amusing that so many people run into cheaters in Planetside, i see very few.

when i do get a hate tell i respond with "Future Crew" now, i used to waste my time and talk to them, but they will never learn, this is why they suck.
I know cheaters exist (I've recorded several of them), but I don't believe there's as many cheaters out there as folks like traak seem to think there are. They seem to call anything that has a shadow a cheater, and it's always annoying to see claims and no proof.

Also, it's always fun to see someone go "I've played for x amount of years, I know cheaters when I see them"

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-12-25, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
SKYeXile
Major General

I know cheaters exist (I've recorded several of them), but I don't believe there's as many cheaters out there as folks like traak seem to think there are. They seem to call anything that has a shadow a cheater, and it's always annoying to see claims and no proof.

Also, it's always fun to see someone go "I've played for x amount of years, I know cheaters when I see them"
Yea I see some, like blatant speed hacks and guys gibbing everything, teleporting, recorded afew myself. But there's chronic bads like M0AB, inspector, popgun and tsunami(something) who send a hate tell to everything that straifs accusing them of hacking, never had one from traak, but i guess hes one of them.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2011-12-25, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Crator
Major General

I've never hacked the game but have also gotten hate tells before.

Here's one accusation made against me but I swear I didn't hack:
So I went to resecure Bitol on Hossin on my TR character. There weren't too many TR there and there were a few VS far as I could see. I did see one VS max but there was another one. Anyways, I dropped out of my mosq at BD and rushed to tubes to repair. As I'm repairing the last tube a VS max shows up and kills me. He then promptly killed the tubes again. I hadn't seen many TR around either mind you even though the pop was like 75% TR to 25% VS. TR had the tower at the base but the tubes were down there. I spawned at Mulac to get an AMS and brought it over to the BD at Bitol. I rushed in the BD then took the back way, away from the tubes, towards the CC. I was using surge just as I entered the room right before the CC. I didn't see anyone so I rushed to the CC and hacked the door. No one in CC. I hacked the CC then surged out on the other side. I saw one of the maxes but as he saw me i ran through the door and up the middle stairs towards to top of the base. As I got to the top I was accused of teleporting into the CC and they had both doors covered. Here's the transcript. Oh, forgot, they had a virus installed and couldn't see anything on radar. Why I thought no TR was there. I did take virus off and noticed a few TR there who took care of the VS maxes btw

Old 2011-12-25, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Yea I see some, like blatant speed hacks and guys gibbing everything, teleporting, recorded afew myself. But there's chronic bads like M0AB, inspector, popgun and tsunami(something) who send a hate tell to everything that straifs accusing them of hacking, never had one from traak, but i guess hes one of them.
shit, go fight KoJ,all you get is hacker tells spammed at ya the whole time,it was actually funny making them so mad.
Old 2011-12-25, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
SKYeXile
Major General

no surpiuse about KOJ...they rage so hard in /c all the time.

lol Crator that ones heaps good, he's like interrogating you.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2011-12-25, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
LONGFELLA KOJ
Corporal

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
shit, go fight KoJ,all you get is hacker tells spammed at ya the whole time,it was actually funny making them so mad.
Funny thing is, you're the last person in the entire game who anyone would think is hacking. You bringing 30 MAXS to kill 2 Agile holding a CC. Maybe got you a "you're a nub" tell but I doubt it was a hack tell.

And please, I tell people this time and time again, all the hack tells are coming from 1 guy in my outfit. We've tried to tell him to stop, but he insists on doing it day in and day out. It's like he enjoys hate tells more than actually playing the game. But please don't hold the rest of us responsible for that.

Also, SgtMAD on a side note, I've been lurking on here for a while now and not posting. I just wanted to let you know you come off extremely hostile when people are talking about anything. It's like you are trying as hard as you can to start trouble. Time and time again you jump in with derogatory comments and non stop ranting about how great you and your playstyle is. Ease up. You give new meaning to "U MAD?"

Just have a conversation.

Last edited by LONGFELLA KOJ; 2011-12-25 at 10:36 PM.
Old 2011-12-25, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
LONGFELLA KOJ
Corporal

Exploits like the router trick, ADADAD strafing to induce warp and other little glitches that ruined the game are bad, but nothing beats the overall mess that is clientside hit detection.

If I had to choose from the list, I would agree AirCav. From people using a mozzy to get a second life to the over powered Reaver mopping up everything on the battlefield.

The caves + air : sadly never addressed by the DEVS and I think it kept alot of people out of those great maps due to frustration.

Last edited by LONGFELLA KOJ; 2011-12-25 at 10:32 PM.
Old 2011-12-26, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by LONGFELLA KOJ View Post
Exploits like the router trick, ADADAD strafing to induce warp and other little glitches that ruined the game are bad, but nothing beats the overall mess that is clientside hit detection.

If I had to choose from the list, I would agree AirCav. From people using a mozzy to get a second life to the over powered Reaver mopping up everything on the battlefield.

The caves + air : sadly never addressed by the DEVS and I think it kept alot of people out of those great maps due to frustration.
hate to tell you(what am i saying...im loving tell you) that CSHD is making a comeback.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2011-12-26, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
SgtMAD
Captain

now it's only one guy in KoJ that sends hate/hacker tells,shit i had you accuse me of hacking in a tell before, you are the ONLY person to ever accuse me of hacking which is what made it so damn funny and memorable.

hell one time in the caves you accused us of spawn camping in our own friggin mod building.

I can remember Cijid setting up a router pad in the spawn of the dagda tower while you guys were trying to farm it,we come out of the pad and it looks like we are spawning out of the tubes,LOL the amount of spam I got from you and Vinnie made it all worth while.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion